Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 420
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 20th Dec 17, 2:31 PM
    • 1,240 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Was anybody here on TOM2661 from Innsbruck to Manchester, that was supposed to take off 8/4/2017 but actually ended up taking off 9/4/17 due to a technical fault?

I'm getting nowhere with my claim, like literally nowhere they aren't responding
    Originally posted by SFW77
    Hi SFW77,

If it was a tec fault you are due compensation.

Read Vaubans guide, details in my signature below, then come back here with any further questions.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 20th Dec 17, 2:35 PM
    • 1,240 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Anyone else on TOM7776 Dec 10 from BHX-AGP?

We were supposed to fly at 5.55am, but didn't take off until 7.30pm. The weather was bad (snow), but other flights landed & took off well before we did.

Thomson/TUI reps said the reason our flight was delayed for so long was because crew got sent home & we had to wait for another lot to arrive.
    Originally posted by DUKE
    Hi Duke,

It sounds like you may be due compensation. It may have initially been due to snow? but not for 13.5 hours.

Have you put in a compensation claim yet?

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 20th Dec 17, 3:03 PM
    • 6,998 Posts
    • 293,394 Thanks
    DUKE
    Hi Tyzap,

Yes, I contacted TUI, & I've gone through Resolver.

They gave us all a voucher after 3 & half hours for £15.

Thanks.
    Thanks everyone!
    • Scruffywuffy
    • By Scruffywuffy 26th Dec 17, 9:29 PM
    • 70 Posts
    • 16 Thanks
    Scruffywuffy
    to echo what legal magpuie said, if you send an NBA/final letter then also have the court papers filled out ready to send and include a copy of these with your final letter. They will then know you mean business, that you know what you're doing and hopefully pay up without any further silliness.
    Originally posted by JPears

Not always so - I sent a LBA - no reply, sent draft Particulars saying if they didn't pay up I would issue them - still no reply. I work for a London law firm and had the head of one of our contentious departments and court clerk help me draft them so know they were properly drafted and that I had a valid claim and Thomsons should have known that too. I issued a claim, they waited til the last minute and acknowledged and said they intended to defend and then a week later got in touch to settle ...
    • Mccartp
    • By Mccartp 27th Dec 17, 1:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mccartp
    Lapland day trip cancellation 10/12/17
    Hi all,

I am looking for some advice please regarding flight cancellation compensation. On 10th December this year we were due to fly in a day trip to Lapland with Thomson. They cancelled the trip due to a technical fault with the plane. Customer service at the airport was shocking but after complaining, I have received a refund and EU compensation fir outward flight.

My query is, if this was a day trip, am I also entitled to compensation for return flight? I did request this in my compliant but assume that Thomson have just sent compensation for the outward flight in the hope that I accept this. What do you think? Is this worth pursuing? I am willing to raise a small claims if need be.

Many thanks in advance.
    • jonathanhubbard
    • By jonathanhubbard 27th Dec 17, 11:35 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jonathanhubbard
    Hi all, posting from my phone so hope it’s in the right place.

After a little advice please. Thomson /TUI are ignoring my and CEDr’s request for compensation.

I was on a delayed flight from Mallorca in June this year.

I still have a dispute about landing time, the flight radar website says different to Thomson but it’s not key as CEDR ruled in my favour... net results are below:

Flight no TOM7197
    Date: 5th June 2017
    Due to arrive: 19:05
    Arrived: 22:03 as per Thomson plus 2 minutes to the chocks makes exactly 3 hours delay.

CEDR ruled in my favour with payment due by the 22nd December and I’ve heard nothing. I messaged the CEDR case to advise payment hadn’t been received and they did update their case questing TUI respond but that is all. Surely they should be more actively chasing?

How long is best to wait before calling CEDR and requesting they escalate? I don’t want to leave too long as TUI are clearly ignoring them.

Could I just take them direct to court? I gather from other posts I should only deal with CEDR as the case was escalated to them?

Thanks in advance!
    Jon
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 28th Dec 17, 12:18 AM
    • 1,240 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi Jon,

I would badger CEDR about the lack of payment for another week or two yet. Give them chance to sort it out because you can always fall back on MCOL in the future, but that will add quite a bit of time to the process.

CEDR has what amounts to a gentleman's agreement with the airline over payments, so they will not be able to legally enforce an adjudication but should be able to extricate payment on your behalf.

Good luck.
    • DUKE
    • By DUKE 28th Dec 17, 12:01 PM
    • 6,998 Posts
    • 293,394 Thanks
    DUKE
    I had a letter in the post today from TUI, apart from the booking reference, case reference, issue date, & my name & address, the main body just says Dear .... THANK YOU. At the bottom it has TUI Customer Contact Team email: Aftertravel.flightdelay@tui.co.uk

So I'm wondering if this looks very promising, or is it just a standard letter?
    Thanks everyone!
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 28th Dec 17, 1:42 PM
    • 1,240 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    Tyzap
    I had a letter in the post today from TUI, apart from the booking reference, case reference, issue date, & my name & address, the main body just says Dear .... THANK YOU. At the bottom it has TUI Customer Contact Team email: Aftertravel.flightdelay@tui.co.uk

So I'm wondering if this looks very promising, or is it just a standard letter?
    Originally posted by DUKE
    Sounds like a 'cut and paste' gone wrong.

I wouldn't read too much into it.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 28th Dec 17, 1:49 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 949 Thanks
    JPears
    I don't he/she can....
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • PeeblesEllie
    • By PeeblesEllie 31st Dec 17, 2:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    PeeblesEllie
    Same issue here. Thomson not been in touch despite CEDR decision that they should pay compensation by 16 Dec.
    Tweeted TUI and had a response asking me to email
    aftertravel.flightdelay@tui.co.uk
    Have sent an email today requesting an update. Will keep you posted if successful...
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 31st Dec 17, 3:20 PM
    • 778 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Ellie, this is typical of Thomson. They ignore CEDR’s decisions regularly. You need to get straight back to CEDR and also tell the CAA.
    • PeeblesEllie
    • By PeeblesEllie 1st Jan 18, 11:47 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    PeeblesEllie
    Thanks for the advice. I have contacted CEDR and there is a note on the file requesting an update from TUI.
    Didnít know about the CAA, Iíll get on to that today.
    • jonathanhubbard
    • By jonathanhubbard 2nd Jan 18, 1:31 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jonathanhubbard
    Thanks Tyzap for the input... one question. How do I complain to CAA? I just tried to submit an enquiry via the CAA website but received an error to advise they only deal with enquiries where the flight departed from the UK? Mine was Mallorca back to the UK.

Still no word from Thomson via the CEDR case, but I'll update that too today chasing for status.

TIA!
    • JPears
    • By JPears 2nd Jan 18, 3:45 PM
    • 3,400 Posts
    • 949 Thanks
    JPears
    You will probably have to do it old school on pen and paper.
    Whilst your flight issue isn't directly the responsibilty (such that it ever is) with CAA, they should be informed of airlines' refusal to abide by decisions made by arbitration schemes they have signed up to.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • mooretr
    • By mooretr 3rd Jan 18, 4:08 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mooretr
    Hi,
    Anyone here was due to be on TOM 616 on 13th December from BHX - LRM ( Birmingham - La Romana) Flight was almost 5 hours late in taking off.

Reason: Incoming flight (from Jamaica - BHX) was diverted to Bermuda to offload a disruptive passenger. While on the ground the plane developed a technical problem and the delay in fixing it caused the crew to time out.

I have had my initial claim for compensation denied as the passenger offload was an extraordinary circumstance. This I do not dispute, but the subsequent technical problem and crew time out is not an extraordinary circumstance, and given our flight was originating in the UK, alternative arrangements should have been possible. Does anyone have any experience of these arguments?

The diverted flight landed in Bermuda at 1230am / 0430 UK time and our scheduled departure was 0945.

Thanks for any advice offered.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 3rd Jan 18, 4:41 PM
    • 1,240 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi mooretr,

If it landed in Bermuda only 5.15 prior to it's scheduled departure time from BHX it must have already been well behind schedule.

The aircraft couldn't possibly fly from Bermuda to BHX and be turned around in readiness for your flight in 5.15. Any idea what caused that? You may have been due compensation without the stop for a disruptive passenger.
    • Joolz301
    • By Joolz301 4th Jan 18, 7:16 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joolz301
    Hi,
    Anyone here was due to be on TOM 616 on 13th December from BHX - LRM ( Birmingham - La Romana) Flight was almost 5 hours late in taking off.

Reason: Incoming flight (from Jamaica - BHX) was diverted to Bermuda to offload a disruptive passenger. While on the ground the plane developed a technical problem and the delay in fixing it caused the crew to time out.

I have had my initial claim for compensation denied as the passenger offload was an extraordinary circumstance. This I do not dispute, but the subsequent technical problem and crew time out is not an extraordinary circumstance, and given our flight was originating in the UK, alternative arrangements should have been possible. Does anyone have any experience of these arguments?

The diverted flight landed in Bermuda at 1230am / 0430 UK time and our scheduled departure was 0945.

Thanks for any advice offered.
    Originally posted by mooretr
    I was waiting for that flight too and had the same info.
    • Joolz301
    • By Joolz301 4th Jan 18, 7:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Joolz301
    I was waiting on that flight and had the same response. The way I see it, it was the technical tissue that caused the main delay and the crew time out. From what I have read the plane landed 12.30 and the passengers where not deplaned until 5.30 . As original thread advise please. I would not normally bother, but I feel like I have been fobbed. My opinion is if the plane had to land to remove a passenger, it would take two hours max.
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 4th Jan 18, 10:42 PM
    • 1,240 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi Joolz301 and mooretr,

After some further investigation I can see that the aircraft that departed from BHX to MJB (Jamaica) on 12/12/17 was G-TUIC BY636/TOM636. This seems to be the aircraft that landed at BDA on the return flight and had a technical fault. The aircraft did not arrive back at BHX until 5.40 on 14/12/17, presumably after repair and the crew being out of flying hours.

In the mean time, and while you were waiting, an aircraft, G-TUIE was positioned up from LGW (11.40) to BHX (12.05). This aircraft then operated your flight which departed at about 14.25 13/12/17.

This all suggests that the reason for the delay may have just been for a technical diversion. Do we know for a fact that a disruptive passenger was off loaded at BDA? Regardless tho, off loading a passenger should only take an hour or two, before getting underway again.

We could do with a passenger from the diverted flight to Bermuda filling in the blanks.

You could confirm whether one or two NWNF firms believe you have a valid claim by entering your flight details into their online flight delay calculators. It looks highly likely tho.

Good luck.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,271Posts Today

10,051Users online

Martin's Twitter