Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 417
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 19th Sep 17, 9:59 PM
    • 1,174 Posts
    • 562 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Not sure where to place my case that i won against thomson to help others but here goes.my family were delayed for 7.30 hrs (may 2016)due to the plane we were due to board hit a bird on landing. We were stuck in girona airport waiting for a engineer to arrive from scotland to check plane, thomson gave us money to buy food and drink while waiting.
    I claimed via thomson for flight delay, other than contacting me that they had recieved claim they did not respond to emails or phone calls.i decided to use cdr when thomson rejected claim filled in claim with them and waited.
    The eu courts stated that you could claim for bird strikes but has the cdr and thomson progressed my claim the eu courts reversed their decision and stated you could not claim for bird strikes, i added to my cdr claim that i felt my claim should be delt with by the law at the time.in july i recieved news that i had won the case and have now recieved 1000 euros £877 from thomson.��.
    Originally posted by airtool
    Well done airtool,

Got to admit, I didn't see that coming!
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • Iceblue01
    • By Iceblue01 19th Sep 17, 10:00 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Iceblue01
    Advised to post this on the correct thread for Thomson so... Party of 10 delayed in Crete in June for 17 hours after Manchester Airport bomb scare. Contacted Thomson who eventually rejected our claim saying it was beyond their control even though we had an official letter at the gate on arrival back saying it was because the crew had gone beyond their flight hours and no mention of the bomb incident. Anyone else had any rejections blaming rejection of claim based on the bomb scare? Is this acceptable for rejection as as a knock on effect they could use that excuse for every delayed flight since? Also as the crew was not flying does this still count?.. i.e. Clock in and that's the start of their flying hours?..Any advice? Oh and the complaints system sends an automated response but "always has issues" and I eventually got a reply 90 days after sending the claim they said they didn't get!.... Thanks for any advice..
    Last edited by Iceblue01; 19-09-2017 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Human error
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 19th Sep 17, 11:48 PM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Justice13075
    put your flight details onto bottonline and EuClaim they will tell you if you are due compensation
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 19th Sep 17, 11:49 PM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Good luck with that. Is there anything on your booking that links a payment to your child.
    • richje100
    • By richje100 20th Sep 17, 8:10 AM
    • 52 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    richje100
    Good luck with that. Is there anything on your booking that links a payment to your child.
    Originally posted by Justice13075
    Nothing noticeable but I'll ring them this morning
    • iancameron67
    • By iancameron67 2nd Oct 17, 9:31 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    iancameron67
    24 hour delay from Sharm to MAnchester
    Hi,
    can anyone help finding the flight number - we should have returned from Sharm to MAnchester on the 8th March 2013 but were delayed 24 hours and so did not return until the 9th.
    The pilot was not happy that a spring on the landing gear was broken and so would not fly us home.
    Spent 24 hours in the Jaz Mirabel.
    ta
    Ian
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 2nd Oct 17, 11:02 PM
    • 1,014 Posts
    • 425 Thanks
    Justice13075
    TOM785 EuClaim says your possible compensation is €600 per passenger. Download and read Vauban's guide all in there. Good Luck
    • iancameron67
    • By iancameron67 4th Oct 17, 8:11 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    iancameron67
    Justice 13075
    Thanks for the flight detail
    Fingers crossed that Thomson don't take 56 days to respond...
    • JPears
    • By JPears 4th Oct 17, 10:45 PM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    They'll take longer if you let them.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • Carsontom172
    • By Carsontom172 8th Oct 17, 2:35 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Carsontom172
    Manchester to Cancun 13 Sept 2017
    Was anyone else on this flight? Over 5 hour delay.
    Applied for compensation but just got refused due to extraordinary circumstances, weather conditions and hurricane irma. I have replied asking them to prove their case and provide evidence re this and what reasonable measures they took. Many thanks
    • Vauban
    • By Vauban 8th Oct 17, 4:38 PM
    • 4,712 Posts
    • 2,087 Thanks
    Vauban
    Was anyone else on this flight? Over 5 hour delay.
    Applied for compensation but just got refused due to extraordinary circumstances, weather conditions and hurricane irma. I have replied asking them to prove their case and provide evidence re this and what reasonable measures they took. Many thanks
    Originally posted by Carsontom172
    Bott and Co reckon this flight is eligible for compensation - which suggests the airline are spinning you horse poo. I would go to CEDR - the commercial adjudicators Thomson use - and ask them to rule on your case.
    • rainbows22
    • By rainbows22 8th Oct 17, 10:23 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    rainbows22
    Can anyone advise if I should wait the 56 days Thomson have stated to my email! I had a nearly 7 he delay on flight from Malaga in sept. Checked wud claim and says I am entitled to compo. Flight left gatwick and had to return 20mins in. New plane n crew sent to get us from Malaga. Is it worth doing this solo or go through a company?! Never had a delay before. 2 adults. 1 child n 1 infant
    Thanks in advance
    • Gregster2008
    • By Gregster2008 9th Oct 17, 1:15 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Gregster2008
    This is so so useful! Thanks guys
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Oct 17, 11:24 AM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    Can anyone advise if I should wait the 56 days Thomson have stated to my email! I had a nearly 7 he delay on flight from Malaga in sept. Checked wud claim and says I am entitled to compo. Flight left gatwick and had to return 20mins in. New plane n crew sent to get us from Malaga. Is it worth doing this solo or go through a company?! Never had a delay before. 2 adults. 1 child n 1 infant
    Thanks in advance
    Originally posted by rainbows22
    If you are feeling generous and give them 56 days. It is unlikely they will get back to you after 56 days.
    After 56 days, if no positive response, issue your NBA then continue with claim via legal route or via a NWNF company.

• fatfish59
    • By fatfish59 9th Oct 17, 12:55 PM
    • 7 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    fatfish59
    How long should we wait for the cheque?
    I applied for compensation when Thomson Airways plane delayed 31 hours from Barbados to London Gatwick in February via Resolver. On 21st June, Thomson advised that we were due compensation and just wanted my address to send the cheque to, which I provided on the same day. I am still waiting for the cheque.

I have tried emailing them via Resolver, but I never get a response. I have escalated via Resolver, but no response. How long do Thomson take to pay out?
    • JPears
    • By JPears 9th Oct 17, 1:38 PM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 925 Thanks
    JPears
    As long as you let them.
    Forget resolver send an email or letter directly to Thomson with a copy of their agreement to pay. State you give them 14 days to pay or you will start legal proceedings for the recovery of the debt. effectively your NBA

• smartly
    • By smartly 9th Oct 17, 4:07 PM
    • 92 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    smartly
    If you search this thread for:

legal department

you should find a phone number, call them and discuss.
    • Diana Coates
    • By Diana Coates 15th Oct 17, 1:59 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Diana Coates
    I was on flight TOM172 to cancun from Manchester September 13 delayed over 6 hours put a claim still waiting. Has any else who was on this flight claimed and what was the result
    • Carsontom172
    • By Carsontom172 16th Oct 17, 6:03 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Carsontom172
    Hi we were on same flight and applied for compensation. Had the knock back due to adverse weather conditions. I have replied asking for them to prove this was the case, where they thought the bad weather would be etc. Think the important word there is 'prove. Especially as both the airport and pilot advised the delay was due to a mercy mission!!! Noone mentioned bad weather! Where are you in tbe process? Good luck and let us know how you get on. S
    • Csyau
    • By Csyau 26th Oct 17, 1:58 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Csyau
    TOM4226 12/09/17 LGW to Tenerife
    Hi, Don't know if anyone can help or advise on this case?
    Our flight was scheduled for departure on 12/09/17 at 13:40 and due to arrive at 18:05.
    On 11/09/17, at 18:11, I received an email from First Choice who we booked our holiday with, which looked exactly the same as the one I received to originally confirm our holiday details. I didn't actually read the email until around 22:00.
    There was no mention or warning that the flight was going to be delayed or had been rescheduled or cancelled. It was only when I looked more carefully that I noticed that the flight departure time was now showing as 16:00 and could easily be missed.
    Upon arriving at the airport, the flight was further delayed and we were given a letter stating that our flight had been changed as our original aircraft was unavailable due to operational reasons. One of the ground staff said they diverted our Dreamliner to bring back passengers affected by the Carribbean hurricanes. The flight eventually landed at 21:30 - a delay of over 3 hours so I was hoping to get compensation.
    Thomson have rejected my request stating that the flight was only delayed by 1 hour and 5 minutes based on the rescheduled departure time of 16:00.
    I don't think it is correct that they can justify the new rescheduled time giving less than 24 hours notice. I know a lot of people turned up for the original time and didn't know about the change.
    I'd be pleased to hear any thoughts or anyone else who is trying to get compensation too.
    Thanks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,285Posts Today

7,678Users online

Martin's Twitter