Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 405
    • fazer169
    • By fazer169 3rd Mar 17, 8:07 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    fazer169
    delay from dubai
    I was replying to the post regarding TOM773 on 28 December 2016.
    • Damianmkv
    • By Damianmkv 7th Mar 17, 6:54 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Damianmkv
    Flight number TOM4603 delayed over 15 hours from Alghero 13th August 2016 due to a techinal issue and we were given a letter when we arrived at Gatwick about the reason and claiming compensation

I filled out the online form on Thomson's website when we got home, got an automated response saying they aim to respond in 56 days and have heard nothing since. I have called, tweeted and emailed and all I get is a " we cannot expedite claims " and" dealing with a backlog" "56 days is a guideline" response which is rubbish as they have paid out compensation back in December to friends we holidayed with on the same flight.

Extremely frustrated..
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 7th Mar 17, 7:53 AM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Download Vaubans guide read and follow the advice.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 7th Mar 17, 7:58 AM
    • 730 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    legal magpie
    What Thomson mean is:
    "Because of our poor record of keeping to time we are inundated with claims and because we want to keep,the number of staff dealing with these cases to a minimum, as it costs money, we have a backlog. We'll get to you eventually so you'll have wait"
    If someone starts court proceedings they can jump the queue as Thomson have to give it priority.
    • Criscoffee
    • By Criscoffee 8th Mar 17, 8:03 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Criscoffee
    Got paid!!
    Used the Resolver tool to claim for a delay from 2012. Tried to claim at the time, delay was overnight and total of 17 hours, but was rejected.
    Sent the Resolver claim in on Feb 1.
    Heard absolutely nothing until Monday, March 6 when a letter was delivered. In it was a cheque for £682.40 with no covering letter or correspondence.
    Excellent tool, most grateful and Yah Boo Sucks to TUI!!
    • swecri
    • By swecri 20th Mar 17, 5:18 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    swecri
    I was delayed on a Lanzarote to Bristol flight on 25/11/2012 and I need to get the details and flight number to be able to write a letter to the airline (Thomson). How do I do this free of charge?
    flightstats.com won't let me do it for free?

Thanks in advance!
    • smartly
    • By smartly 20th Mar 17, 6:51 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    smartly
    try flightstats.co.uk
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 20th Mar 17, 6:56 PM
    • 10,780 Posts
    • 7,022 Thanks
    Caz3121
    try flightstats.co.uk
    Originally posted by smartly
    when I use that it diverts to flightstats.com (which now charges for data)
    do you see something different?
    • smartly
    • By smartly 20th Mar 17, 9:56 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    smartly
    Yes, logged in as .co.uk and it switched after enter of email & password and requires purchase for historic data
    • francesca1801
    • By francesca1801 22nd Mar 17, 2:06 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    francesca1801
    No reply :(
    I was wondering if someone was able to help or offer some advice, back in June 2016 me and my partner flew to Dalaman airport from Gatwick, our flight was delayed by 7 hours due to technical issues. I've submitted a complaint to Thomson directly and through resolver and apart from an automatic response claiming they were aiming on a 56 day turn around via Resolver I have not heard anything back from them? I've escalated it multiple times via resolver, but nothing seems to be happening and I don't know what to do next. any advice on how to move forward would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 22nd Mar 17, 3:07 PM
    • 984 Posts
    • 421 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Google, Download and read Vubans guide. Then send a letter before action all explained in the guide easy to do as well.
    • mobileuser
    • By mobileuser 30th Mar 17, 11:59 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    mobileuser
    I submitted a claim via Resolver on the 18th January 2017 for a flight that was delayed a few years ago. I got a response from them on 24th February saying

"After looking into your case I can see that your flight has been accepted for payment"

Since then some 70 days later I have not heard anything from them. I now at the stage where Resolver says I can esclate to CEDR.

Has anyone had similar experience or any advice that might help speed up this complaint?

Bearing in mind they admitted the claim should be paid surely it should not take this long?

Many Thanks
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 30th Mar 17, 4:12 PM
    • 730 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Thomson will take as long as you're prepared to give. Them. See earlier posts
    • happychap7
    • By happychap7 2nd Apr 17, 9:08 AM
    • 50 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    happychap7
    Thomson flight changes
    Thomsons at it again. Significant flight time changes for both our 2017 holidays, they haven't even told us yet but we can see it on the Thomson app. Is there anything we can do ?
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 2nd Apr 17, 9:46 AM
    • 10,780 Posts
    • 7,022 Thanks
    Caz3121
    Thomsons at it again. Significant flight time changes for both our 2017 holidays, they haven't even told us yet but we can see it on the Thomson app. Is there anything we can do ?
    Originally posted by happychap7
    are the flights in the next 14 days?
    Unless they give you less than 14 days notice there is no compensation (assuming that is what you were asking)
    Depending on whether flight only or package there will be different rules on what qualifies as a significant change allowing you the choice of cancellation (I think it is 12 hours for packages)
    The delay with notification can often be due to contacting those with the closest departure dates first so it is not unusual to see the changes online before receiving contact
    • Edwardlee2
    • By Edwardlee2 5th Apr 17, 8:10 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Edwardlee2
    Help!!

We were delayed last June on return from our holiday for 16 hrs, I've gone through resolver and CEDR for help (CEDR found in My favour!)but still Thomson refuse to deal with me. They admitted fault here so they arnt trying to get away with say it's extraordinary circumstances! I've now filed to take Thomson to court, and they are defending the whole claim?! How can they possibly get away with this?!?

Is anyone going through a similar experience?

Thanks
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 5th Apr 17, 8:55 AM
    • 986 Posts
    • 496 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Help!!

We were delayed last June on return from our holiday for 16 hrs, I've gone through resolver and CEDR for help (CEDR found in My favour!)but still Thomson refuse to deal with me. They admitted fault here so they arnt trying to get away with say it's extraordinary circumstances! I've now filed to take Thomson to court, and they are defending the whole claim?! How can they possibly get away with this?!?

Is anyone going through a similar experience?

Thanks
    Originally posted by Edwardlee2
    Hi Edwardlee2 and thanks for reposting on the correct thread.

Read back through this tread if you haven't already.

Have you informed CEDR that Thomson have not paid you? If so what did they say?

They should be vigorously pursuing Thomson on your behalf.

Court action should not be required at this stage, but is always the ultimate when the airline will not play ball.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 5th Apr 17, 7:58 PM
    • 730 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Thomson don't have a leg to stand on. They have put in a defence to prevent judgment being entered in default. Given that CEDR have already found in your favour, I would apply for summary judgment under CPR part 24.
    • Edwardlee2
    • By Edwardlee2 10th Apr 17, 10:43 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Edwardlee2
    Hi, thanks for your replies and sorry it's taken me so long to reply! I've chased CEDR more times than I can count, but all they say is they will chase, but cannot legally force them to pay? With regards to filing for a summary judgement, how would I go about this? Thanks again
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 10th Apr 17, 11:46 PM
    • 730 Posts
    • 346 Thanks
    legal magpie
    Try this
    https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/6-204-3085?__lrTS=20170410224459039&transitionType=Defau lt&contextData=(sc.Default)&firstPage=true&bhcp=1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

252Posts Today

1,896Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin