Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 394
    • Pete_R
    • By Pete_R 3rd Mar 17, 10:19 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pete_R
    would be happy to. as you say, it "may" help others. I'm away on business next week, so will get on to it in a couple of weeks and update on here. also, happy to post the ruling, assuming this is ok to do (again, if it helps others to use as leverage to get TC to act more professionally). any reason either to post or not to post (just in case there are copyright or other ramifications).

    Pete
    • Pete_R
    • By Pete_R 3rd Mar 17, 11:14 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pete_R
    just saw this on the bottom of the ruling;

    "This document is private and confidential. It must not be disclosed to any person or organisation not directly involved in the adjudication unless this is necessary in order to enforce the decision."

    so will refrain from publishing without express consent.

    Pete
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 3rd Mar 17, 12:46 PM
    • 640 Posts
    • 322 Thanks
    legal magpie
    This is fairly common because the CEDR scheme is voluntary and contractual.
    • holkins
    • By holkins 16th Mar 17, 7:27 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    holkins
    Anyone else's claims for lightening strike still being held up. Ours was a year ago, and bott and co said our claim was stayed pending appeal, which I believe happened Dec/Jan, but the court still hasn't lifted the stay according to them?
    I have called them several times to be told there is no timeframe or response time, just when the court gets round to it
    • Jwilliams111
    • By Jwilliams111 20th Mar 17, 7:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jwilliams111
    I was! I'm only just getting around to doing a claim now (as everybody else seems to be doing it!)
    Was that the flight number; TXC6107?

    Can't find any reference to the flight number anywhere!

    Any help much appreciated
    John
    • jasonmriley
    • By jasonmriley 23rd Mar 17, 3:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jasonmriley
    My Rights: Thomas Cook Cancelled My Flight Booking
    Hi folks,

    First post - two weeks ago I booked a return flight (London to Skiathos, Greece) and I have just had emails from Thomas Cook cancelling both flights.

    The flights are in June 2017.

    No reason given, and no mention of refund - the attached PDFs said 'this sale is not protected under ATOL'.

    I have yet to speak with Thomas Cook - I wanted to get some advice first.

    So is this correct that I have no rights to a refund? Can I try alternative means ie contact my bank to request a callback of funds?

    Any help would be great - this has never happened to me before (I'm 39 years old, and not exactly wet behind the ears, certainly with complaining... but it'd help to know the best plan of action!).

    Cheers in advance,
    Jason
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 23rd Mar 17, 3:59 PM
    • 759 Posts
    • 362 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Yes you are due a refund. Contact Thomas Cook.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 23rd Mar 17, 4:03 PM
    • 10,237 Posts
    • 6,692 Thanks
    Caz3121
    I have yet to speak with Thomas Cook - I wanted to get some advice first.

    So is this correct that I have no rights to a refund? Can I try alternative means ie contact my bank to request a callback of funds?
    Originally posted by jasonmriley
    I would speak to Thomas Cook first and confirm that your refund is being processed. (I assume you have checked your card account to confirm it has not been returned as yet)
    I cannot see any justification for Thomas Cook to retain the money...(and in fairness I cannot see anything in your post that states they will..) they are probably awaiting confirmation from you on either choosing alternate flights or taking refund before they do anything
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

185Posts Today

1,510Users online

Martin's Twitter