Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 394
    • Pete_R
    • By Pete_R 3rd Mar 17, 11:19 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pete_R
    would be happy to. as you say, it "may" help others. I'm away on business next week, so will get on to it in a couple of weeks and update on here. also, happy to post the ruling, assuming this is ok to do (again, if it helps others to use as leverage to get TC to act more professionally). any reason either to post or not to post (just in case there are copyright or other ramifications).

Pete
    • Pete_R
    • By Pete_R 3rd Mar 17, 12:14 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pete_R
    just saw this on the bottom of the ruling;

"This document is private and confidential. It must not be disclosed to any person or organisation not directly involved in the adjudication unless this is necessary in order to enforce the decision."

so will refrain from publishing without express consent.

Pete
    • legal magpie
    • By legal magpie 3rd Mar 17, 1:46 PM
    • 685 Posts
    • 334 Thanks
    legal magpie
    This is fairly common because the CEDR scheme is voluntary and contractual.
    • holkins
    • By holkins 16th Mar 17, 8:27 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    holkins
    Anyone else's claims for lightening strike still being held up. Ours was a year ago, and bott and co said our claim was stayed pending appeal, which I believe happened Dec/Jan, but the court still hasn't lifted the stay according to them?
    I have called them several times to be told there is no timeframe or response time, just when the court gets round to it
    • Jwilliams111
    • By Jwilliams111 20th Mar 17, 8:39 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Jwilliams111
    I was! I'm only just getting around to doing a claim now (as everybody else seems to be doing it!)
    Was that the flight number; TXC6107?

Can't find any reference to the flight number anywhere!

Any help much appreciated
    John
    • jasonmriley
    • By jasonmriley 23rd Mar 17, 4:39 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jasonmriley
    My Rights: Thomas Cook Cancelled My Flight Booking
    Hi folks,

First post - two weeks ago I booked a return flight (London to Skiathos, Greece) and I have just had emails from Thomas Cook cancelling both flights.

The flights are in June 2017.

No reason given, and no mention of refund - the attached PDFs said 'this sale is not protected under ATOL'.

I have yet to speak with Thomas Cook - I wanted to get some advice first.

So is this correct that I have no rights to a refund? Can I try alternative means ie contact my bank to request a callback of funds?

Any help would be great - this has never happened to me before (I'm 39 years old, and not exactly wet behind the ears, certainly with complaining... but it'd help to know the best plan of action!).

Cheers in advance,
    Jason
    • Tyzap
    • By Tyzap 23rd Mar 17, 4:44 PM
    • 871 Posts
    • 452 Thanks
    Tyzap
    Hi Jason and welcome,

Please copy and paste your post here and someone will reply.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4384693

Thanks.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide.
    • jasonmriley
    • By jasonmriley 23rd Mar 17, 4:51 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jasonmriley
    Great - thanks, and will do.
    • jasonmriley
    • By jasonmriley 23rd Mar 17, 4:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jasonmriley
    My Rights: Thomas Cook Cancelled My Flight Booking
    Hi folks,

First post - two weeks ago I booked a return flight (London to Skiathos, Greece) and I have just had emails from Thomas Cook cancelling both flights.

The flights are in June 2017.

No reason given, and no mention of refund - the attached PDFs said 'this sale is not protected under ATOL'.

So is this correct that I have no rights to a refund? Can I try alternative means ie contact my bank to request a callback of funds?

Any help would be great - this has never happened to me before (I'm 39 years old, and not exactly wet behind the ears, certainly with complaining... but it'd help to know the best plan of action!).

Cheers in advance,
    Jason
    • Justice13075
    • By Justice13075 23rd Mar 17, 4:59 PM
    • 917 Posts
    • 409 Thanks
    Justice13075
    Yes you are due a refund. Contact Thomas Cook.
    • Caz3121
    • By Caz3121 23rd Mar 17, 5:03 PM
    • 10,606 Posts
    • 6,935 Thanks
    Caz3121

Originally posted by jasonmriley
    I would speak to Thomas Cook first and confirm that your refund is being processed. (I assume you have checked your card account to confirm it has not been returned as yet)
    I cannot see any justification for Thomas Cook to retain the money...(and in fairness I cannot see anything in your post that states they will..) they are probably awaiting confirmation from you on either choosing alternate flights or taking refund before they do anything
    • lesleygelliott
    • By lesleygelliott 20th Apr 17, 10:32 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lesleygelliott
    Thomas Cook flight cancellation
    Thomas Cook cancelled my flight in February this year, they advised the a flight would be going out 3 days earlier. I was unable to travel on the new date. I eventually managed to get a flight refund.
    I have lodged a claim for compensation via Resolva. I have today been advised that my case has been looked into and as the flight was not delayed more than 3 days my claim has not gone forward.

Is the compensation ruling for flight delays only or for cancellation.

Any help appreciated
    • 111KAB
    • By 111KAB 20th Apr 17, 10:57 AM
    • 3,611 Posts
    • 1,471 Thanks
    111KAB
    Post should be on Thomas Cook thread.

When posting on appropriate thread please advise time period (days) between cancellation and when flight was anticipated as this is determining factor.
    • lesleygelliott
    • By lesleygelliott 20th Apr 17, 1:59 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    lesleygelliott
    I am sorry i am new to this forum, i didnt see a Thomas Cook thread.
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Apr 17, 2:14 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    JPears
    You didn't see it because people new to the forum don't read the FAQs, post their own thread and the relevant airline threads get pushed further down.
    Unfortunately, due to the stupid way MSE forums are organised, they won't make the relevant airlines threads into stickies.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • JPears
    • By JPears 20th Apr 17, 2:14 PM
    • 2,899 Posts
    • 820 Thanks
    JPears
    bumped back up
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
    • stevechase
    • By stevechase 10th May 17, 12:53 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    stevechase
    TCX109 September 2011 Jamaica
    Good afternoon everyone

This is my first post, but wanted to pass on some information which may be helpful

I have spent the last 18 months roughly chasing compensation for a flight from Montego Bay, Jamaica to Manchester, UK in September 2011

As we started to taxi the one engine blew up (sounds dramatic but in essence that is what happened) and the plane was grounded.

Anyway, I saw the claim program on TV around Nov 2015 and thought I would give it a go

Basically and cutting a very long story short, we had to spend an extra night in Jamaica at no cost to ourselves, me, wife and three kids and flew home approx. 24 hours later safe and sound.

I approached TC and they said simply, No. I then found a letter on line referring to an incident in Montego Bay on 4th Sept 2011. This was our flight, there were no real details other than it mentioned that something happened.

I got the CAA involved and they said that TC should pay out but couldn't force them to. I was then directed to the CEDR, to which I put my case and explained the whole story. Anyway, finally CEDR found in our favour and forced TC to pay. Within literally a couple of days of CEDR's decision, I had a letter and cheque from TC for the full amount, £2566.59. 3000 Euros, 600 Euros for each passenger.

I have the whole story and responses if this information would be useful to anyone else. By rights, if we got paid out, then everyone else on the flight should be paid out too.

Any info you need please drop me a line on here or steve.chase@otc-group.co.uk

Regards

Steve
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 10th May 17, 4:25 PM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 1,459 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    Steve

Very good news indeed, I seem to recall TC had an Airbus A330 that had to have the right engine replaced three or four times in relatively quick succession after stalling prior to take off. As your incident was in September 2011, anyone else involved in the incident needs to act quickly as time expires after 6 years, which is only 3 months away.

I would also suggest you remove your personal email address to avoid being spammed to death by the likes of pension reviewers, the Windows technical department and endless 'research companies'!
    • emma1111111111
    • By emma1111111111 30th May 17, 10:23 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    emma1111111111
    Thomas Cook
    |I may be writing this in the wrong place I'm a newbie looking for advice, Thomas cook have changed the dates of my holiday leaving my son now missing school and us having to take additional work days off... Any advice where I stand on this please?

Thanks
    • Alan Bowen
    • By Alan Bowen 30th May 17, 10:59 AM
    • 2,893 Posts
    • 1,459 Thanks
    Alan Bowen
    This is probably not the right place as it doesn't sound like a cancellation that gives rights to compensation at all. I assume this is either July or the beginning of September both more than 14 days ahead which is the limit for compensation.

Talk to Thomas Cooks and see if they have flights on the day you want from a nearby airport, and if they do, ask for the cost of getting there. If there is nothing else, presumably because demand hasn't reached expected levels to make the flights viable (Turkey perhaps?) then ask what else they can offer to a different destination or look for a holiday with a different operator to the same destination and get a full refund from TC
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,295Posts Today

7,995Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin