Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 9th Jan 13, 3:28 PM
    • 1,218Posts
    • 3,554Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide
    • 9th Jan 13, 3:28 PM
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide 9th Jan 13 at 3:28 PM

Hi all, we've updated our Survey Sites guide to help you make cash from online surveys.

How did you find the info? If you're a survey stasher, do you have any other sites you'd add?

Thanks
    for your help!

MSE Jenny

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 28-01-2013 at 4:23 PM.
Page 21
    • hareng
    • By hareng 5th Jun 17, 2:42 PM
    • 336 Posts
    • 100 Thanks
    hareng
    Has anyone else spent ages (over 30minutes) on the My Survey survey about medical conditions and treatment ?
    Originally posted by teddysmum

All manner of things, uncommon to have to spend less than 6 mins going through the repetitive DOB, Age, Sex, etc when in profile to 45mins+. Then be told not suitable or just presumably ends.
    Stopped using them about 2 years ago.

Others much the same certainly Global Test Market and Valued Opinions, total repetitiveness the questions theyre asking are in profile and have to filled out every time. Wore thin 4 yrs ago.
    Assuming can get past that stage and not screened out as they have their answers can take 12 months to achieve £40 at 10mins a day.
    • sharpe106
    • By sharpe106 5th Jun 17, 3:19 PM
    • 332 Posts
    • 202 Thanks
    sharpe106
    Both my husband and I are members of Prolific but I'm a serious surveyor and he just does the odd one here and there. You are not supposed to both do the same surveys. We seem to get mostly different ones due to our different demographic (gender, age, working status etc).
    Originally posted by Mrs Soup
    It does state that you will not both be sent the same survey although I have noticed that both me and misses have had same survey before, but we do not do many anyway.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 5th Jun 17, 4:18 PM
    • 8,623 Posts
    • 5,098 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Has anyone else spent ages (over 30minutes) on the My Survey survey about medical conditions and treatment ?

I finished it, but after thanks nothing happened and the rest of the site went odd, thanking for surveys not even attempted, only partially printed survey numbers in the records and other things I can't recall as it was two weeks ago.

I raised a ticket, which appeared to have some action ,but no reply, so I commented on this some days ago and still no reply.

They normally respond to tickets online or via email,but this one seems to have gone dead.

For a short survey ,I wouldn't bother as they often achieve their target conveniently just as you reach the end, but this took ages and wanted lots of personal information.
    Originally posted by teddysmum

After 3 weeks, they have replied, saying they can't help without the survey number ,but unless you are allowed to finish the survey,you don't know the codes for those missed,as they disappear.

Their suggestion is to write down the code for every survey attempted, thus adding even more wasted time to that, as above, spent on answering the same old questions (which some well paying sites actual store ).

However, thanks to Outlook, I have retrieved their emails from the relevant date and can find only one relating to a 35 minute survey with 150 points ,so hope that's the one. There was definitely a problem with the site, as I mentioned , so wonder what their next step will be.

Of it's a 'sorry but..' I will do surveys to reach the next 550 point target ,then leave, as in the past, they have given credit when the problem was a technical one.
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 6th Jun 17, 7:43 PM
    • 8,623 Posts
    • 5,098 Thanks
    teddysmum
    They have just agreed to credit the points.
    • helentf
    • By helentf 15th Jun 17, 12:24 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    helentf
    Toluna Con
    Hi

I just wanted to warn you all about Toluna. I have been on their site for over 6 years, and this morning I got an email to say they have banned me for not following their terms and conditions, although they would not specify what I had done. They have confiscated all my point and also the £95 in Amazon vouchers I had earned. I can not believe that there was no warning, nor proof and not come back, they have just taken all my hard work. I would suggest to anyone who is thinking of joining Toluna to think again.
    • GreyAndGold
    • By GreyAndGold 15th Jun 17, 1:21 PM
    • 295 Posts
    • 2,268 Thanks
    GreyAndGold
    Hi

I just wanted to warn you all about Toluna. I have been on their site for over 6 years, and this morning I got an email to say they have banned me for not following their terms and conditions, although they would not specify what I had done. They have confiscated all my point and also the £95 in Amazon vouchers I had earned. I can not believe that there was no warning, nor proof and not come back, they have just taken all my hard work. I would suggest to anyone who is thinking of joining Toluna to think again.
    Originally posted by helentf
    I can imagine how furious that makes you, and its not just toluna that pulls that sort of move, have heard similar stories about most of the sites. Thats why rule number one when using these sites is cash out as soon as you are able.
    Survey sites: The DOs & DON'Ts

Before you become a survey stasher, there are a few things worth knowing. Remember, patience and consistency are key virtues.

DON'T store cash in survey accounts
    Have you tried to contact them to get your amazon vouchers at the very least even if you don't get your account back? Amazon vouchers can be loaded straight onto your account and have a 10 year expiry date so is much safer to store them on your amazon account rather than on a survey site.

Hope you manage to get this sorted outwith toluna.
    • luke623
    • By luke623 18th Jun 17, 5:34 PM
    • 53 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    luke623
    Hi all

Just been reading about surveys and i was wondering how much people make on average and how much time they dedicate to it. I have done some surveys but most of them seem to only but worth £0.30 or such
    • dizzybee
    • By dizzybee 23rd Jun 17, 2:59 PM
    • 1,279 Posts
    • 7,019 Thanks
    dizzybee
    Anyone know if Palm Research have finished?

• janey777
    • By janey777 23rd Oct 17, 11:27 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    janey777
    Avoid Toluna and YouGov
    I support the advice given by other forumites. Seriously, don't waste your time on on-line surveys. Rewards are minuscule or illusory.
    I've had one voucher from Toluna after months of giving tme to stupid and boring surveys. Next one supposedly processed but never turned up and they don't respond to enquiries. Hours of effort for NOTHING.

YouGov is even worse - it is geared to pulling you in by crediting loads of points at the beginning, then when you get near the target to achieve £50, they stop sending surveys. I now get a request once in a blue moon and for only 25 reward points, so I'll be about 90 before I qualify.

I have serious doubts about the quality of data these 'surveys' are producing.
    In my experience all these sites are run by con artists. I repeat: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. Take up knitting or something you enjoy.
    • janey777
    • By janey777 23rd Oct 17, 11:29 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    janey777
    Don't bother
    See my post below. Don't get drawn in. Absolute waste of time - they are ripping you off big time. A dishonest industry.
    • AlisonW
    • By AlisonW 8th Nov 17, 3:43 PM
    • 634 Posts
    • 395 Thanks
    AlisonW
    Is anyone else getting this message when they try to verify their email address, having signed up to Swagbucks today?

"Bad Hostname in Link

You have clicked on a link that contains a bad hostname. Please make sure that you have typed the link correctly."
    • dannylfc_1
    • By dannylfc_1 14th Nov 17, 7:25 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    dannylfc_1
    Anyone else having problems with Ipsos I-Say?
    I haven't been able to get on the homepage for a while now. After every survey is 'finished' it also fails to take me back to the homepage then too, so I cant get to my rewards section. Anyone else having trouble? Usually reliable
    • sonicology
    • By sonicology 14th Nov 17, 7:46 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 606 Thanks
    sonicology
    Anyone else having problems with Ipsos I-Say?
    Originally posted by dannylfc_1
    I just logged in a minute ago, didn't have already problems. Have you tried clearing your cache or using a different browser?
    • chels
    • By chels 14th Nov 17, 8:13 PM
    • 1,164 Posts
    • 4,479 Thanks
    chels
    I haven't been able to get on the homepage for a while now. After every survey is 'finished' it also fails to take me back to the homepage then too, so I cant get to my rewards section. Anyone else having trouble? Usually reliable
    Originally posted by dannylfc_1
    I'm finding the site very slow, after I complete a survey the site does eventually load but takes a few minutes which is ridiculous and rather annoying!
    *2015*
    £s GAINED: Cash £367.33 Vouchers £216.00
    LBs LOST: 2.5 / 28

• sonicology
    • By sonicology 14th Nov 17, 8:38 PM
    • 146 Posts
    • 606 Thanks
    sonicology
    I'm finding the site very slow, after I complete a survey the site does eventually load but takes a few minutes which is ridiculous and rather annoying!
    Originally posted by chels
    I just did a survey there since I was on the page anyway and it did the exact same thing, spent ages with the three bouncing bars before it eventually got back to the home page. I did get credit for the survey though so that's what matters.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,273Posts Today

5,955Users online

Martin's Twitter