Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 9th Jan 13, 3:28 PM
    • 1,218Posts
    • 3,554Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide
    • 9th Jan 13, 3:28 PM
    Making cash from online survey sites - new MSE guide 9th Jan 13 at 3:28 PM

Hi all, we've updated our Survey Sites guide to help you make cash from online surveys.

How did you find the info? If you're a survey stasher, do you have any other sites you'd add?

Thanks
    for your help!

MSE Jenny

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 28-01-2013 at 4:23 PM.
Page 20
    • snowy79
    • By snowy79 21st Mar 17, 3:22 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    snowy79
    Hi

Swagbucks doesn't pay that well for surveys when you compare to some other places. There are however loads of other ways to earn swagbucks so worth investigating the Swagbucks thread on here. I tend to do a survey on there if I am struggling to meet the daily goal, otherwise I don't really bother.

Prolific Academic is a good one that seems to pay well. I have been on there for just over a week and have £25 so far (with a few more studies waiting approval). You need to refresh the page regularly for this one as studies appear and fill up very quickly. As soon as you see one click to join and start it as soon as you can.

I tried my survey but seem to be having problems with them. Not sure if anyone else uses that one?? I joined and did a couple of surveys and then it just said my account was inactive. I have messaged them to see why but not heard anything back yet.

Last year I did Toluna but that really wasn't worth it (well not for me anyway). Seemed to take ages and ages to get enough to cash out so I got to that point and stopped.

One Poll is another one I am signed up to. Again I have been doing this one for just over a week and have about £6. You have to refresh the page several times a day to try and get surveys and they don't seem to appear that often. Also you need to get £40 before you can cash out which I think is quite high. Some people seem to like it others don't think it is worth it.

Good luck
    • Emmieuk
    • By Emmieuk 21st Mar 17, 3:27 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Emmieuk
    Thank you this is most helpful Good luck to you too
    • daedal
    • By daedal 21st Mar 17, 3:37 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    daedal
    Personally I wouldn't use swagbucks for surveys, unless they are short ones. You can earn enough to get £5 a month easily in a few mins a day from swagbucks by doing daily watch, daily poll etc, but if you are doing surveys they are generally too long for a little reward.

Panelbase.net and mintvine.com are two of my favourite ones.

If you want to do surveys via mobile, then sites like crowdology.co.uk and surveyeah.com are good, and they all use the cint app so you don't need different apps for each site. Both have a low £4 payout so really easy to get there.
    • MLE007
    • By MLE007 21st Mar 17, 4:02 PM
    • 335 Posts
    • 1,601 Thanks
    MLE007
    In addition to the ones posted above Surveybods is quite good and the surveys are easy on the eye, also valued opinions and globaltestmarket will send lots of invites but be prepared for getting screened out of a fair few. It's all about demographics where surveys are concerned and some work much better for some than others.

ETA - ones I don't think are worth bothering with are Mysurvey , Toluna and Ipoll.
    SPC #015

2017 in 2017 £4385.09
    • nicholaish
    • By nicholaish 21st Mar 17, 4:21 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    nicholaish
    I use Valued Opinions, and i normally get a £10 voucher payout every 2 weeks or so. There are always at least 5 surveys available every day when i come home from work!

Recently i have started using Panelbase, which i find has been pretty good with the surveys.
    • Ladykernow
    • By Ladykernow 21st Mar 17, 7:11 PM
    • 223 Posts
    • 794 Thanks
    Ladykernow
    Mintvine is one of my favourite, and Swagbucks.
    Dec 2017 - Dec 2018 ~ Save £5000 £55/£5000
    • Emmieuk
    • By Emmieuk 23rd Mar 17, 2:53 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Emmieuk
    Thank you so much everyone
    • raspberryrippl3
    • By raspberryrippl3 23rd Mar 17, 3:15 PM
    • 63 Posts
    • 841 Thanks
    raspberryrippl3
    i've used several and the one i always head back to is pinecone research. newvistalive really annoyed me, lengthy qualification questions and then rejection
    "sometimes, i guess there just aren't enough rock" -forrest gump
    • snowy79
    • By snowy79 23rd Mar 17, 3:50 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 519 Thanks
    snowy79
    i've used several and the one i always head back to is pinecone research. newvistalive really annoyed me, lengthy qualification questions and then rejection
    Originally posted by raspberryrippl3

How do you get on to Pinecone? I can't see where to sign up and heard you have to be invited?
    • j2401
    • By j2401 23rd Mar 17, 5:30 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    j2401
    Hello,
    I just wondered if there are any surveys sites that allow 2 people from the same house to both join. Thanks.
    • jpwhittle
    • By jpwhittle 23rd Mar 17, 10:05 PM
    • 1,470 Posts
    • 2,652 Thanks
    jpwhittle
    Hello,
    I just wondered if there are any surveys sites that allow 2 people from the same house to both join. Thanks.
    Originally posted by j2401
    Swagbucks lets you have 2 and are quite easy to do. Me and my husband have been doing it for a month and are at £65 withdrawn
    back to comping in 2017, fingers crossed
    • j2401
    • By j2401 23rd Mar 17, 10:45 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    j2401
    Thanks for the reply. Will have a look
    • jamesthemonkeh
    • By jamesthemonkeh 25th Mar 17, 8:31 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    jamesthemonkeh
    Most Rewarding Survey Sites
    I was just wondering which sites people think are the most rewarding for surveys?

I like Populus Live, they offer £2 to £4 per survey and can often be about politics.
    I've also made some money from Panelbase, whose surveys are around £1 to £1.50 normally - though I regularly end up answering 10 questions and get screened out which can be annoying.

What survey sites do you recommend?

Thanks
    James
    • frenchfancy89
    • By frenchfancy89 28th Mar 17, 4:01 AM
    • 161 Posts
    • 11,255 Thanks
    frenchfancy89
    valued opinions and prolific are my main ones

i have signed up to a quite a few, ipsos are always sending emails but they don't pay very well

beware with valued opinions though, sometimes you can get halfway through a survey and they'll say you're not eligible anymore which is frustrating but its usually made up for with more surveys

also pinecone - look out for invite banners on websites like mumsnet and netmums
    Winnings 2017 - adventure outdoors book, £25 cheque, Aden & Anais muslins, Dinner at La Bonne Auberge, £5.70 TCB
    Wish List - Mobile Phone, TV, Laptop, Family Holiday, ££££, Weekend Getaway

• pogofish
    • By pogofish 31st May 17, 12:06 AM
    • 7,936 Posts
    • 8,058 Thanks
    pogofish
    Three posts spamming the same company in the same thread - Suggests to me that pointsforopinions are utterly incompetent when it comes to hiring stooges!
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 31st May 17, 11:35 AM
    • 650 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Hello,
    Originally posted by j2401
    Both my husband and I are members of Prolific but I'm a serious surveyor and he just does the odd one here and there. You are not supposed to both do the same surveys. We seem to get mostly different ones due to our different demographic (gender, age, working status etc).
    • leahkicker99
    • By leahkicker99 1st Jun 17, 11:01 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    leahkicker99
    Market Research
    Online surverys are great and loved reading everyone opinions - all noted!

I've joined onto market research databases and that's a great way to earn extra money. You can make quite a bit just for taking part in a focus group. Here's a link to a great one I recently used: thefieldbox.com/signup
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 2nd Jun 17, 11:28 AM
    • 8,631 Posts
    • 5,100 Thanks
    teddysmum
    Has anyone else spent ages (over 30minutes) on the My Survey survey about medical conditions and treatment ?

I finished it, but after thanks nothing happened and the rest of the site went odd, thanking for surveys not even attempted, only partially printed survey numbers in the records and other things I can't recall as it was two weeks ago.

I raised a ticket, which appeared to have some action ,but no reply, so I commented on this some days ago and still no reply.

They normally respond to tickets online or via email,but this one seems to have gone dead.

For a short survey ,I wouldn't bother as they often achieve their target conveniently just as you reach the end, but this took ages and wanted lots of personal information.
    • Mrs Soup
    • By Mrs Soup 4th Jun 17, 11:38 AM
    • 650 Posts
    • 1,007 Thanks
    Mrs Soup
    Hi everyone

I am new to the MSE forums and looking to boost my income. I have joined Swagbucks and Prolific Academic (though they have no surveys for me at present).

What other sites do people use?

Any advice or tips?

Many thanks
    Originally posted by Emmieuk

My favourite by a mile is Prolific because it is a million times more interesting than the others. Make sure you answer all the pre screening questions to have the best chance of surveys otherwise you will only get the very generic ones. Some of them do fill up really quickly so unless its a very niche one or has hundreds of places you won't necessarily get anything if you log on only once a day. But they are really good- you can email the researcher direct if you have issues about a survey and usually get a response. They also pay in actual money rather than points, vouchers, shells, or whatever else they come up with.
    I also use Valued Opinions and My survey - less rewarding but have accumulated a reasonable amount in Amazon vouchers over a few months, I can usually cash out one or the other every 2-3 weeks. I have also joined Populus Live and You gov which tend to email you about surveys and not screen you out much but surveys are fewer and the cash out is £50 in both cases which takes a while to get to.
    • Zosa
    • By Zosa 5th Jun 17, 10:46 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 146 Thanks
    Zosa
    I have only really been using Prolific, been on the site for about 3 weeks now and I have managed to earn just over £50 for very little work really. I work on a computer all day anyway, so can refresh every now and again and complete surveys all day. I don't do any on the weekend or evenings so not to bad going.

Will look at some of the others but I'm in full time work so this is just a little extra spending / saving money.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

273Posts Today

1,174Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @bearface83: @MartinSLewis check out the @Missguided new 60% off offer. Upping the cost of items almost double to make us think it?s a?

• RT @efitzpat: Thank you SO SO much @MartinSLewis for your Student Loans refund advice! I just got a grand refunded right before Xmas! Whoop?

• Have a lovely weekend folks. Don't do anything (fiscally) that I wouldn't do!

• Follow Martin