Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Jenny
    • By MSE Jenny 24th Apr 07, 1:06 PM
    • 1,218Posts
    • 3,554Thanks
    MSE Jenny
    0 WOW
    Cashback sites free cash discussion
    • 24th Apr 07, 1:06 PM
    0 WOW
    Cashback sites free cash discussion 24th Apr 07 at 1:06 PM

This thread is specifically to discuss how to make free cash using cashback sites, as explained in the

To discuss or ask a question about this: please reply here

If you'd like to discuss Cashback sites in general please go here
    A Good place for further info:

To get you started one MoneySaver has started a website dedicated to
    making money using cashback, with examples of daily routines. You may find it a useful additional resource.
    Last edited by MSE Martin; 04-05-2007 at 4:19 PM.
Page 11
  • Ferndale0736
    Cashback sites free cash discussion
    Quidco have been clogging up my inbox with messages that are not getting anywhere. I noticed recently that they had alerted me to seven cases where Healthspan had declined claims by Quidco on my behalf. There seemed to be no facility for listing more than one item at a time on Quidco's help site, so I sent them a direct e-mail listing all seven, complete with dates, order numbers and values of purchase. A few days later I had seven e-mails in rapid succession simply saying they were dealing with my request. Today this list has been followed by a fresh declined claim notification, inviting me to submit .......
    This sounds like a silly game and I am seriously wondering if Quidco have lost their way in this business.
    What do other people think? Have others had similar experiences?
    • peteduk
    • By peteduk 13th Dec 12, 9:45 PM
    • 31 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    peteduk
    Hi Ferndale,
    I use quidco and find there are some surprisingly slow payments, but I am polite and persistent by e-mail with Quidco and have only been unsatisfied on 1 occasion which I believe was actually Argos' fault. (Listed somewhere in the above thread).
    I do however think some of the selling companies may reject 1st requests hoping you will go away....in my experience Quidco has always turned this around.
    So I suggest you follow up and see how you get on.
    BTW I think Quidco's contact system is unfriendly so you have to look for how to contact them
    Note: There may be a newer thread outlining other's recent experience with Quidco. Pete
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 13th Dec 12, 11:58 PM
    • 1,571 Posts
    • 1,480 Thanks
    JDPower
    Quidco have been clogging up my inbox with messages that are not getting anywhere. I noticed recently that they had alerted me to seven cases where Healthspan had declined claims by Quidco on my behalf. There seemed to be no facility for listing more than one item at a time on Quidco's help site, so I sent them a direct e-mail listing all seven, complete with dates, order numbers and values of purchase. A few days later I had seven e-mails in rapid succession simply saying they were dealing with my request. Today this list has been followed by a fresh declined claim notification, inviting me to submit .......
    This sounds like a silly game and I am seriously wondering if Quidco have lost their way in this business.
    What do other people think? Have others had similar experiences?
    Originally posted by Ferndale0736
    And you are PAYING them for that nonsense! Why are you with them?
    • Scientomology
    • By Scientomology 16th Dec 12, 11:57 PM
    • 46 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Scientomology
    I haven't used Quidco since finding TopCashBack who don't charge u £5 for using them and their customer services are fantastic and get back very fast with any issues I have been r having.
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 10th Jun 13, 4:30 PM
    • 1,571 Posts
    • 1,480 Thanks
    JDPower
    I'm rather fond of GetPoundsBack. Unlike some cashback websites they don't sting you with an annual admin fee.
    Originally posted by creativ
    What you mean just like the two biggest cashback sites, Quidco and TopCashback, who also don't charge an annual fee?

Oh and referral links are against forum rules here
  • cashbackplease?
    BEWARE - account could be closed without warning
    I signed up to topcashback. I have had approx. £200 back. I am owed about £100. BUT without warning my account was closed. After I contacted them I was told that my account had been automatically terminated by the system, due to my account showing characteristics that are potentially attributable to abusive or fraudulent activity that may contravene our Terms and conditions, due to merchant abuse.
    I have emailed him back twice to find out what this means. I have no idea what, if anything, I have done wrong. I have genuinely used my account to buy goods and services. I am really worried about this, I feel that a mistake has been made closing my account.
    There is no telephone contact so you are reliant on waiting for a reply. I am still waiting albeit still hopeful that the mistake will be rectified.
  • pepsimax
    Does anyone use !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Just wondering if anyone uses !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!? As I am having great difficulty in getting any kind of reply from the customer services
    • robmar0se
    • By robmar0se 1st Nov 14, 5:16 PM
    • 1,286 Posts
    • 732 Thanks
    robmar0se
    Topcashback (TCB) muzzling customer feedback
    Recently TCB closed their customer forums for rather spurious reasons. These forums were a useful tool to guage the effectiveness of both TCB and retailers. They say their retailer stats tells all - well in the 5 years I have used TCB - I have not found the stats representative by a wide margin.

It is now virtually impossible to contact TCB except in relation to a specific transaction, in other words if you have a general question, don't bother.

One has to really question what TCB's ulterior motives are for doing this, which by any measurement is unhelpful.

Secondly I have noticed that the number of retailers that are registered on TCB has declined; I have used (69) of which 23 retailers are no longer on TCB , ie 33% - this is pretty remarkable and should perhaps be commented on. It may also be a factor why TCB are closing the forums and options to question TCB's performance?

Bottom line TCB are no longer offering the best deals, frequently there are better deals off TCB, with less hassle.

Is Quidco doing any better? Or is the beginning of the end for cashback sites?
    • November2
    • By November2 3rd Nov 14, 11:35 AM
    • 693 Posts
    • 199 Thanks
    November2
    Mutualpoints site security issue
    Hi, does anyone else get a security warning when trying to get onto Mutualpoints site? I've been getting a risk warning for weeks now and I haven't liked to click continue.
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 29th Jun 15, 4:23 PM
    • 1,571 Posts
    • 1,480 Thanks
    JDPower
    Hi, does anyone else get a security warning when trying to get onto Mutualpoints site? I've been getting a risk warning for weeks now and I haven't liked to click continue.
    Originally posted by November2
    Not by just going onto the site, tried Firefox and IE, no warnings
    • PDC
    • By PDC 23rd Sep 15, 4:30 PM
    • 484 Posts
    • 355 Thanks
    PDC
    Is anyone here using Blutel Rewards for Cashback? Noticed a sign up offer on twitter today.
    • chrisf
    • By chrisf 29th Jan 17, 6:00 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    chrisf
    quotes not so great once you go via Quidco
    Evening all

I've always used comparison sites for insurance, then gone to Quidco for cashback.
    Always worked well.
    But this year I have got quotes for home insurance, then when I go via Quidco, the quotes I then go for are quite a bit higher than the ones on comparison sites - often making cashback a no-go.
    Anyone else finding this? And is there a solution?

Cheers!
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 29th Jan 17, 6:13 PM
    • 1,571 Posts
    • 1,480 Thanks
    JDPower
    Evening all

I've always used comparison sites for insurance, then gone to Quidco for cashback.
    Always worked well.
    But this year I have got quotes for home insurance, then when I go via Quidco, the quotes I then go for are quite a bit higher than the ones on comparison sites - often making cashback a no-go.
    Anyone else finding this? And is there a solution?

Cheers!
    Originally posted by chrisf
    Yeah, happens a lot with car insurance and has done for a while sadly
    • ParkMcArthur
    • By ParkMcArthur 17th Jul 17, 8:39 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ParkMcArthur
    WARNING: Top "Cashback"
    Whilst I appreciate the warnings given on MoneySavingExpert about these sites and responsible purchasing, I clicked on Top Cashback recently and noticed the New Members Free Purchase Upto £12 from Fragrance Direct for Top Cashback.

I made my purchase via their site as a new member and was immediately credited with a derisory 60p. I immediately contacted Fragrance Direct to try to cancel the purchase. They, of course, said they knew nothing about the deal and it went ahead. I then issued a ticket with Top Cashback who said "wait". It was obvious that, as the 60p had been lodged I would be getting nothing more and this has been the case - one month later. Signing in today, I find they will now no longer allow a query ticket to be issued for the transaction so they've made it so I have no way of contacting them, either.

Having been literally conned into making a purchase by Top Cashback, I certainly will no longer be using these sites. Too risky. Getting a discount is one thing but conning people into making a full purchase they believe is going to be credited is dishonest and illegal. I would advise everyone to avoid.
    • JDPower
    • By JDPower 17th Jul 17, 5:10 PM
    • 1,571 Posts
    • 1,480 Thanks
    JDPower
    Whilst I appreciate the warnings given on MoneySavingExpert about these sites and responsible purchasing, I clicked on Top Cashback recently and noticed the New Members Free Purchase Upto £12 from Fragrance Direct for Top Cashback.

I made my purchase via their site as a new member and was immediately credited with a derisory 60p. I immediately contacted Fragrance Direct to try to cancel the purchase. They, of course, said they knew nothing about the deal and it went ahead. I then issued a ticket with Top Cashback who said "wait". It was obvious that, as the 60p had been lodged I would be getting nothing more and this has been the case - one month later. Signing in today, I find they will now no longer allow a query ticket to be issued for the transaction so they've made it so I have no way of contacting them, either.

Having been literally conned into making a purchase by Top Cashback, I certainly will no longer be using these sites. Too risky. Getting a discount is one thing but conning people into making a full purchase they believe is going to be credited is dishonest and illegal. I would advise everyone to avoid.
    Originally posted by ParkMcArthur
    First rule of cashback - cashback is never guaranteed, never make a purchase on the basis of cashback alone.

And your line that "It was obvious that, as the 60p had been lodged I would be getting nothing more" is not correct. Promotional offers like that usually track at a lower amount (the regular cashback amount) and have the bonus added at the payable stage.

So you weren't conned, you merely ignored the warnings you said you read and went ahead anyway, and may still get the cashback you are expecting if you are patient.
    Last edited by JDPower; 17-07-2017 at 5:26 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,245Posts Today

8,306Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin