Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search

Results: Have you enquired about your Northern Rock CCA loan

Yes, I have been awarded compensation

3.57% • 1 votes

Yes, I have been advised there is no valid complaint

3.57% • 1 votes

Yes, I am awaiting a response from Northern Rock/NRAM

57.14% • 16 votes

No

35.71% • 10 votes

You may not vote on this poll

28 votes in total.

Page 86
    • jackieh364
    • By jackieh364 6th Jul 16, 6:13 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    jackieh364
    Hi I got myself into loads of debt after m marriage ended. I had a mortgage and together loan with northern rock. I eventually had house repossessed and there was a shortfall of about 5k on house sale plus 24 k left of loan< although been paying it for 6 years. Anyway I have been paying nram £100 a month and next rview is September. However I checked my credit report this week and both the shortfall and together loan say closed and settled in 2013 with a 0 balance. Can anyone advise what this means?
    Last edited by jackieh364; 06-07-2016 at 6:45 PM.
    • Pompey Muttley
    • By Pompey Muttley 31st Jul 16, 9:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pompey Muttley
    questionnaire
    Could you please include me on your list to receive a questionnaire.
    • simpson_77
    • By simpson_77 1st Aug 16, 1:02 PM
    • 48 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    simpson_77
    Same here, I would like the questionnaire.

From reading the post, there are many different views, but does this actually have any legs? do we have an argument we can take to the courts?
    • nickyc1
    • By nickyc1 22nd Aug 16, 5:24 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    nickyc1
    Hello

Has anybody on here signed up to the proposed legal action?
    • si2winit
    • By si2winit 23rd Aug 16, 4:41 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    si2winit
    Well, everyone that is my house now officially sold. After paying the loan of £30,000 for 9 years, still owe £27500 now - cheers front loaded interest . My loan repayment has shot up to 12% interest and I now need to pay £305 per month (double what is was before) for the next 26 years. Could really do with some movement on this issue.
    • Sam84
    • By Sam84 21st Sep 16, 8:21 AM
    • 60 Posts
    • 23 Thanks
    Sam84
    Has there been any progress with this?

Seems to have gone quiet.
    • si2winit
    • By si2winit 22nd Sep 16, 9:43 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    si2winit
    Looking at it I would agree, all quiet on the western front and seems to be a lost cause. Paid off my loan now. Bitten the bullet and going to try and move on.
    • Lippyx
    • By Lippyx 22nd Sep 16, 9:44 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Lippyx
    There is a solicitor who is looking at doing some test cases, but I am waiting to hear from him what is happening.
    • goaten2000
    • By goaten2000 22nd Sep 16, 9:48 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    goaten2000
    This is the last I heard on this

https://consumercreditlitigationanddebtcollection.wordpres s.com/2016/08/19/a-busy-few-weeks-and-nram-on-the-horizon/
    Last edited by goaten2000; 22-09-2016 at 9:55 AM.
    • Lippyx
    • By Lippyx 22nd Sep 16, 9:53 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Lippyx
    Page cannot be displayed?
    • goaten2000
    • By goaten2000 22nd Sep 16, 9:56 AM
    • 45 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    goaten2000
    https://consumercreditlitigationanddebtcollection.wordpres s.com/2016/08/19/a-busy-few-weeks-and-nram-on-the-horizon/

try this (it pasted weirdly for some reason)
    • lazer-zxr
    • By lazer-zxr 22nd Sep 16, 11:11 AM
    • 265 Posts
    • 290 Thanks
    lazer-zxr
    Looking at it I would agree, all quiet on the western front and seems to be a lost cause. Paid off my loan now. Bitten the bullet and going to try and move on.
    Originally posted by si2winit
    Same here, bit the bullet, paid the loan off, time to forget about it I feel.
    DFWB £42064 of £52549 repaid. LBM feb15
    MFWB On hold due to low int rates
    • downhiller
    • By downhiller 22nd Sep 16, 11:33 AM
    • 121 Posts
    • 79 Thanks
    downhiller
    this is interesting

I'm going through a title transfer at the moment to get my ex wife off the mortgage. Various bits of paper flying about but I've been sent something today specifically for the unsecured portion.

At the top it says

"Agreement modifying a credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974"

Which seems insane given my original agreement wasn't regulated despite it saying it was! Even now they still can't get it right.
    • Lippyx
    • By Lippyx 22nd Sep 16, 11:35 AM
    • 168 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    Lippyx
    Wish I could pay off the damn loan. Stuck with it for another 7 years at moment.... no thanks (or help) from the ex.... I shouldn't be surprised really!!
    • IainHL
    • By IainHL 24th Sep 16, 9:57 PM
    • 182 Posts
    • 126 Thanks
    IainHL
    this is interesting

I'm going through a title transfer at the moment to get my ex wife off the mortgage. Various bits of paper flying about but I've been sent something today specifically for the unsecured portion.

At the top it says

"Agreement modifying a credit agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974"

Which seems insane given my original agreement wasn't regulated despite it saying it was! Even now they still can't get it right.
    Originally posted by downhiller
    If you are not already in contact with Paul at Howlett Clark I suggest you should, he may be interested in seeing that document.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,560Posts Today

8,138Users online

Martin's Twitter