Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • Sgt Pepper
    • 10th Dec 12, 10:27 PM
    • 10th Dec 12, 10:27 PM
    Give us a few more details and we will see what we can do to help.
    • paddedjohn
    • By paddedjohn 10th Dec 12, 10:37 PM
    • 6,784 Posts
    • 7,505 Thanks
    paddedjohn
    • 10th Dec 12, 10:37 PM
    • 10th Dec 12, 10:37 PM
    The Trade Centre are situated 60 seconds away from junction 43 of the m4. google junction 43 sales.
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 10th Dec 12, 11:58 PM
    • 14,768 Posts
    • 12,979 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    • 10th Dec 12, 11:58 PM
    • 10th Dec 12, 11:58 PM
    They may well be an innocent company that has been duped by a fraudster - what makes you think they are the culpritds?
    "You were only supposed to blow the bl**dy doors off!!"
  • opinions4u
    • 11th Dec 12, 5:05 AM
    • 11th Dec 12, 5:05 AM
    They may well be an innocent company that has been duped by a fraudster - what makes you think they are the culpritds?
    Originally posted by maninthestreet
    Three exclamation marks have convinced me.
  • andy8442
    • 11th Dec 12, 10:43 AM
    • 11th Dec 12, 10:43 AM
    Hi.

My brother-in-law at first thought it was a simple mistake of the Post Office, and imformed the PO who looked into it and found the company had registered their address as the business'. At this point the Police were told but said they were not interested.

Now they have recieved speeding tickets and more worringly a notification to say a vehicle has been involved in a "hit and run".

My brother-in-law as informed the DVLA etc, but I just wanted to let others know, should they come across this company.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 11th Dec 12, 5:26 PM
    • 22,536 Posts
    • 8,873 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 11th Dec 12, 5:26 PM
    • 11th Dec 12, 5:26 PM
    Nothing comes up on google except his thread.

No website no customer comments, Nothing.

Just take a copy of anything that arrives and return to the sender,

NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS.

Pop along to the police station with a copy of the hit and run letter and say you reported this company for falsely using your address and they were not interested.

Make sure you get a name and number when you make a complaint.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 11th Dec 12, 6:20 PM
    • 14,768 Posts
    • 12,979 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    • 11th Dec 12, 6:20 PM
    • 11th Dec 12, 6:20 PM
    Hi.

My brother-in-law at first thought it was a simple mistake of the Post Office, and imformed the PO who looked into it and found the company had registered their address as the business'. At this point the Police were told but said they were not interested.

Now they have recieved speeding tickets and more worringly a notification to say a vehicle has been involved in a "hit and run".

My brother-in-law as informed the DVLA etc, but I just wanted to let others know, should they come across this company.
    Originally posted by andy8442
    So this company have registered your brother-in-law's residence as their business address?
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 11th Dec 12, 7:11 PM
    • 14,768 Posts
    • 12,979 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    • 11th Dec 12, 7:11 PM
    • 11th Dec 12, 7:11 PM
    Companies House has no company registered with the name Junction 43 Sales.
  • andy8442
    So this company have registered your brother-in-law's residence as their business address?
    Yes.

Companies House would only have LTD companies on their website, and yes I've looked.
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 12th Dec 12, 8:50 AM
    • 12,440 Posts
    • 7,817 Thanks
    arcon5
    So your brother hasn't been a victim of identity theft/fraud... It's just his address has been used as their address...
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 12th Dec 12, 9:05 AM
    • 14,768 Posts
    • 12,979 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    So your brother hasn't been a victim of identity theft/fraud... It's just his address has been used as their address...
    Originally posted by arcon5
    and, presumably, they have they used his BIL's address as the address for the RK of a vehicle that has been involved in an accident and failed to stop??
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 12th Dec 12, 9:09 AM
    • 14,768 Posts
    • 12,979 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    Yes.

Companies House would only have LTD companies on their website, and yes I've looked.
    Ok, so on what 'official' register or database is your BIL's address used for the address of this 'company' ???
  • andy8442
    I am only trying to warn people about this company. Maybe Identify Theft was the wrong term, but these people have registered a number or vehicles to my BIL's address an are going around speeding and crashing into things.

Crimes are being committed here. I thought naively maybe spreading the word would help someone.
    • arcon5
    • By arcon5 12th Dec 12, 10:12 AM
    • 12,440 Posts
    • 7,817 Thanks
    arcon5
    and, presumably, they have they used his BIL's address as the address for the RK of a vehicle that has been involved in an accident and failed to stop??
    Yes, but a persons address is different to an individual person. So although it may be investigated, the issue is associated with the company and not the addressee
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 12th Dec 12, 10:38 AM
    • 14,768 Posts
    • 12,979 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    I am only trying to warn people about this company. Maybe Identify Theft was the wrong term, but these people have registered a number or vehicles to my BIL's address an are going around speeding and crashing into things.

Crimes are being committed here. I thought naively maybe spreading the word would help someone.
    Thanks, but we needed to know a few more details before we could understand the nature of the deception.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 12th Dec 12, 4:39 PM
    • 22,536 Posts
    • 8,873 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    Warn people of a company that does not seem to exist except in this thread?

Still lacking in details...

Where are they? Where does your brother in law live?

Same road, Same road name? Same town?

What paperwork says they registered there?

If he got fines then he will have the vehicles log books. ??
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • photome
    • By photome 12th Dec 12, 4:41 PM
    • 11,785 Posts
    • 7,316 Thanks
    photome
    Warn people of a company that does not seem to exist except in this thread?

Still lacking in details...

Where are they? Where does your brother in law live?

Same road, Same road name? Same town?

What paperwork says they registered there?

If he got fines then he will have the vehicles log books. ??
    Originally posted by forgotmyname

All fair points OP
    • maninthestreet
    • By maninthestreet 12th Dec 12, 5:20 PM
    • 14,768 Posts
    • 12,979 Thanks
    maninthestreet
    I think that niether the OP nor theor BIL have any idea where this 'company' is located, nor whether they actually exist.
  • andy8442
    My BIL has recieved very real parking fines, speeding fines and a letter from an insurance company reguarding a collision involving a van registered to said company, who's address is given as my BIL.

Very real, and very scary for them
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

356Posts Today

2,028Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Warning: From tomorrow (thur) if you watch BBC iplayer, even if only catch up, you need a TV licence. Full info.. https://t.co/OT9XiQvKGQ RT

• M'weekly email: free £25M&S, iPlayer warning, free seeds & KFC, overpay mortgage, Sky codes, 26 motoring tips, Apple https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Do you support renationalisation of rail, water, energy, etc. Pls VOTE which services you'd renationalise... https://t.co/aJrVNR5Bxa

• Follow Martin