Debt Free in 2015 - Who's with me?!?!?!?

I have a current DFD on July 2017 but I would absolutely love to get rid of all debt by December 2015.

I think this would just be a nice wee thread for those of us aiming to be debt free at around the same time!

Anyhoo a wee bit about me - I am almost 30 & I am on LBM no3!

Initially planned to be debt free by 25, then 30 now the plan is to be debt free by 33!

I just need to change my way of thinking - I do not need everything now, 1/2 of the stuff I but lies in cupboards anyway cos I cant afford to go out :rotfl:

So there we go - feel free to join in & we can help each other through this journey!

Dxxx

Comments

• Me,me I'll join you :j I'm 32,married with 2 kids. I had my LBM jan 2012 and have been lurking for a while but decided to join today for extra motivation,feel I need all I can get at this time of the year. My debts in January stood at £32355.67 :eek: and I've been plodding along getting them down to £25742.36. So I have paid back 20% in about a year which would mean my DFD would be dec 2016 but I want it to be dec 2015 instead! So once Xmas is over and done with I need to up the anti. Looking forward to a bit of chat for support,encouragement and motivation.
    LBM Jan 2012 £32355 now £23984.01
    GC Feb£289.64/300 Mar £284.92/300Apr £215.53/300
    £2 Savers £124/100
    NSDs Jan 9/8 Feb 6/9mar 8/9 Apr 5/9
  • Me me me!!

I'm 27 and getting married in July 2015 and would absolutely love all the debt to be gone by the wedding. What a fantastic fresh slate it would be!

We have approximately £12000 between the 2 of us - most of the debt is my boyfriend credit cards whilst at uni but he has asked me to take control of all the household finance and not to let him near anything!

We CAN do this!
    * Be happy, be heart shaped, sparkle and shine *
  • Ooohh me me! :hello:

I had my LBM in March, original debt free date of August 2016, now currently sits at Nov 2015 but would love to get this down to earlier in 2015! :D
  • Me,me I'll join you :j I'm 32,married with 2 kids. I had my LBM jan 2012 and have been lurking for a while but decided to join today for extra motivation,feel I need all I can get at this time of the year. My debts in January stood at £32355.67 :eek: and I've been plodding along getting them down to £25742.36. So I have paid back 20% in about a year which would mean my DFD would be dec 2016 but I want it to be dec 2015 instead! So once Xmas is over and done with I need to up the anti. Looking forward to a bit of chat for support,encouragement and motivation.

Wow you've already done amazing!!!

I am gonna tally up everything in January & start the debt busting from then!

Probably looking at about £13k there or there abouts.

Dxxx
  • 6Penguins wrote: »
    Me me me!!

I'm 27 and getting married in July 2015 and would absolutely love all the debt to be gone by the wedding. What a fantastic fresh slate it would be!

We have approximately £12000 between the 2 of us - most of the debt is my boyfriend credit cards whilst at uni but he has asked me to take control of all the household finance and not to let him near anything!

We CAN do this!

Ooooooh lucky you I got married in 2011 & just wish I could do it alllllllllllllllllll over again it was AMAZING!!!

Your round about the same as me I have about £13k right now will tally it all up in January & get a plan together!

Dxxx
  • Loubell83 wrote: »
    Ooohh me me! :hello:

I had my LBM in March, original debt free date of August 2016, now currently sits at Nov 2015 but would love to get this down to earlier in 2015! :D

Yayyyyy any time in 2015 would be great but I think I would be pushing it by saying I could do it any quicker than December 2015.

Thats me already knocking about 18 months off my original DFD.

I have a plan & I am going to do it this time!

Dxxx
  • Is it bad that I am willing away the whole of December 2012 just so that I can get an action plan together?!?!?

Dxxx
  • I'm in! Current debt is just sub £40K and DFD is mid-2016, but would like to shave a few months off, so Dec 2015 seems like a plan!
    Long haul supporter #290
    POAYDBX2014 #043
    LBM Dec 2011 Debt £51K Debt Nov 2014 £42K
  • Is it bad that I am willing away the whole of December 2012 just so that I can get an action plan together?!?!?

Dxxx

Let's just say that you're showing your commitment to the cause!
    * Be happy, be heart shaped, sparkle and shine *
  • I'm in! Current debt is just sub £40K and DFD is mid-2016, but would like to shave a few months off, so Dec 2015 seems like a plan!

Yay we will be debt free at the same timeeeeeeeeeeeeee

This is very exciting indeed!

Dxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills