Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Moorcroft accessed my ISA and took payment without permission.
    • 4th Dec 12, 9:24 PM
    Moorcroft accessed my ISA and took payment without permission. 4th Dec 12 at 9:24 PM
    Hi there

My girlfriend has just accessed her ISA (RBOS) and seen that 2200 has been taken from her account without permission.

Moorcroft debt recovery bought the debt from her credit card company and she contacted them two weeks ago stating that she had some money to pay them off but not the full amount (4600)
    She offered to pay them 1500 as long as the debt was fully cancelled.

She had 3100 in her ISA but needed the remainder to live on.

As far as I'm aware from looking online this is illegal.
    Surely no one can authorise a payment from your account apart from the account owner.

What can she do about this?

Most info I got is from here:

So once the debt is bought and no longer owned by the bank they have to actually take you to court prior to accessing your account without your permission.

The two issues are:

Why did the bank give the authorisation?
    How can Moorcroft take money without my permission?

Also, is the debt fully wiped now?

Please any help greatly appreciated.

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

892Posts Today

6,228Users online

Martin's Twitter