Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 54
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Jun 17, 9:22 PM
    • 10,464 Posts
    • 7,029 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Thank you. Your input is really appreciated.

When I cost up RM this is what I get at 1.9kg

Parcel, 1.9kg, worth up to £2000

Parcelforce Worldwide
    globalexpress
    More details
    Guaranteed from 2 days Up to £2000 for loss or damage Tracked
    £160.85
    Originally posted by MsCrow
    When you do the price finder, click on SMALL PARCEL - actually I'm looking at my business account, apologies, it may be less size/less value for over the counter for RM.

http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder
    • MsCrow
    • By MsCrow 13th Jun 17, 9:27 PM
    • 518 Posts
    • 392 Thanks
    MsCrow
    I think that must be it as I had selected small parcel. Bah humbug!
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 13th Jun 17, 9:28 PM
    • 10,464 Posts
    • 7,029 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    I think that must be it as I had selected small parcel. Bah humbug!
    I think it is the value. Apols, as I said above, I was looking from our RM business account, not the over-the-counter rate.

Is it 2k retail or wholesale? Can you reduce the value? It may be a carrier is the best value unless you can split the shipment (difficult with one length of fabric).
    • MsCrow
    • By MsCrow 14th Jun 17, 1:45 PM
    • 518 Posts
    • 392 Thanks
    MsCrow
    I couldn't reduce it unfortunately. I'm returning it to its owner and it's one of two made so I need to insure to full value. Ho hum. It's going not to the Netherlands for the maker to clean and send it on so the quote is £55 now. That's via transglobal DPD. Which is ok.
    • martindow
    • By martindow 15th Jun 17, 11:19 AM
    • 7,037 Posts
    • 3,882 Thanks
    martindow
    That's via transglobal DPD. Which is ok.
    Have you checked that it is covered? Carriers have lots of exclusions but will happily accept the premium for insuring it. Have a read through here

http://www.dpd.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.jsp

If, for example, your item was considered as antique it would not be covered.
    • custardy
    • By custardy 15th Jun 17, 2:44 PM
    • 32,206 Posts
    • 26,957 Thanks
    custardy
    Have you checked that it is covered? Carriers have lots of exclusions but will happily accept the premium for insuring it. Have a read through here

http://www.dpd.co.uk/terms-and-conditions.jsp

If, for example, your item was considered as antique it would not be covered.
    Originally posted by martindow
    Also better to ensure the op checks transglobals T&Cs.
    Often differ from the carrier direct.
    • strawberries1
    • By strawberries1 16th Jun 17, 2:31 PM
    • 579 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    strawberries1
    What's the cheapest way to post from the US to the UK please? 14cm x 14cm x 10cm weight 1kg.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,951Posts Today

8,267Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @kcbelsham: @MartinSLewis . This Account would have to pay at least 12% to achieve £1 million in 35 years . Any ideas ( think it is impo?

• Really? The highest interest rate amount for that volume of cash currently is 2%? You'd need an interest rate explo? https://t.co/6YRk1wLdTl

• Today's Twitter poll: Is it acceptable to take your shirt off and go topless in the street when it's scorching in the UK?

• Follow Martin