Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Dustykitten
    Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012
    • 2nd Dec 12, 7:08 PM
    Weekly Flylady Thread 2nd December 2012 2nd Dec 12 at 7:08 PM
    Welcome to the weekly Flylady thread. If you need help organising your week or getting motivated when it comes to housework then come and join us.

Link to last week's thread

There are 3 levels per day with Level 1 being very basic, level 2 in the middle, up to 3 which is more advanced and time consuming. Feel free to mix and match to suit your own personal circumstances.

Every room comes back around next week so please dont stress about catching up

These lists are only suggestions and not a must do list; you are more than welcome to post and follow your own lists.

Also adding a declutter mission each day will help to gradually clear the clutter and make flying easier.

A few of the basics before we start the week

Hotspots are areas where if one thing gets put there, loads of other things follow!

Daily routines are anything you need to do on a daily basis like washing, swish and swipe kitchen and bathroom, ironing, making beds, vacuuming high traffic areas, making meals etc.

Night-time routines are all things which make getting ready in the morning easier, preparing clothes for the next day, making lunches, swish & swipes of the kitchen and tidying the living room before you go to bed plus personals like shower/brush teeth etc.

Fling Boogie - stick on some loud music, grab a bin bag and whiz around the house finding items that can go out with the rubbish, recycling, for charity shop, basically anything that will stop it cluttering your home.

Swish and swipe/S&S means have a quick wipe over an area such as a sink or toilet to prevent the build up of dirt. This is usually done on a daily basis

HHE/HHC/HHI Half Hour exercise/challenge/ironing ... run around for 30 minutes to the Benny Hill music frantically cleaning exercising or ironing.. other music may be used if you prefer!

Click here to read Toots wonderful welcome guide

Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One

Clear the floor of clutter
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Wipe the paintwork in the hallway and up the stairs

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week
    International Airmail
    Wednesday 5 December Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
    Friday 7 December Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America
    Monday 10 December Canada, Eastern Europe and USA
    Wednesday 12 December Western Europe

Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

Tuesday - Kitchen and Dining Room
    Level One

Declutter and mop/vacuum the floors
    Find and wipe the worksurfaces
    Level Two
    Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards!
    Clean WM and DW filters and top up rinse aid/salt
    Sort the cupboard under the sink
    Level Three
    Wipe the table, including the legs
    Sort through tea towels, table cloths etc and find the Chirstmas ones

Extras
    Right a list to stock up on Washing powder/liquid, pet food, kitchen roll, foil etc to see you through into the new year

Wednesday - Master bedroom and landing
    Level One

Strip the bedding and get it washed
    30 minutes floordrobe/junk clearing!!
    Level Two
    vacuum the landing and floor
    Clear and dust one flat surface
    Clean the windows
    Level Three
    HHI
    Collect all the dirty laundry from upstairs

Extras
    Sort out any extra bedding you will need for overnight guests. Check you have spare tights for any parties.
    Does your 'special occasion' watch need a new battery?
    Clean any jewellery to make it sparkle

Thursday - Rooms of Doom or just neglected spaces
    Level One

Make half an hour for yourself
    HH sorting, filing, flinging, putting away
    Level Two
    Vacuum through the rooms that need it
    Wash any soft furnishings that require freshening (cushion covers)
    Level Three
    Sort out your handbag - I had 15 pencils in mine
    Clean out any bins.. and do a binbag dance!!
    Wipe keyboards, phones, games controllers etc

Extras
    Write a list of all store cupboard items you need to top up, sauces, salt and pepper, pasta, rice, cereals, Tbags etc plus anything you need for Festive baking
    Update remaining present lists

Friday - bathroom, study/desk
    Level One

Clean the loo and the bath and the shower and the basins!
    Defragment PC and run spyware scans while scrubbing
    Level Two
    Wash windows
    HH in your ROD
    Level Three
    Wash bathmats/shower curtain
    HHPaperwork
    Extras
    Replace any sponges/flannels/toothbrushes etc that need it
    throw out any empty bottles.. decant dribbles into fuller bottles - make sure your have enough stock of everything to last the month, including tissues and cold relief, don't forget the cream for the Rudolf nose - festive but sore
    Last edited by Dustykitten; 06-12-2012 at 9:46 PM.

The birds of sadness may fly overhead but don't let them nest in your hair
Page 2
  • juliejim
    Morning All

Well I may have a smidgin of extra time to get stuff done this week but we'll have to see as I keep thinking of more things I need to do!

I suppose getting out of bed would be a good start!

Have a good day all

Hugs

Jue
    April GC 250/306.40 May GC 250/90.07
    2 Savers Club - 100 banked 03/07, 100 banked 28/08/07, 140 banked 28/04/08
    20p Savers Club - 20 banked 03/07, 60 banked 28/08/07, 60 banked 28/04/08
    21 in 5p,2p & 1p banked 03/07, 9 banked 28/08/07, 26 banked 28/04/08
  • Mumto5
    Good morning ladies,

How can I wake up tired?

This week I am going to really try hard. The house is more than respectable following the 21st celebrations. Really it should be a case of maintenance.

I have a pile of ironing to tackle. I will give downstairs a flutter when I'm back from the morning school run. I will try to wrap a few presents when I get back from work at 2pm. Ironing will be started after dinner tonight.

I hope everyone has a successful week.
  • Dustykitten
    Morning all

Dank day here, all the pretty frost has gone.

Welcome newbies.

HH in the kitchen now for me whist makng packed lunch and polishing shoes.
    Last edited by Dustykitten; 03-12-2012 at 9:57 AM.

• Jazee
    Morning all. Thanks Dusty for the list. I'm in again and think I may actually get through my list for today even if the paid stuff is busy as I have a bit of a head start on the LR from yesterday.

I got a second wind last night, so the tree and most decorations have gone up, and I've wrapped all the presents which have arrived so far. I just have some tinsel wreaths to make - gosh that sounds tacky, but they will be pretty.

Anyway my list for today:

Walk dogs
    Hoover/clean floors in LR and HSL
    Wipe paintwork in HSL
    Wash windows
    Water plants

Have a great day everyone.
    Crazy clothes challenge
    269.95/360

• kazwookie
    • By kazwookie 3rd Dec 12, 8:08 AM
    • 8,110 Posts
    • 104,940 Thanks
    kazwookie
    Morning all

Thankyou for the lists xxx

I'm in for the 1st part of the week, then off to else where in the world, having only had 4 days off this whole year, I am now ready for a break.

So far yesterday and today
    Daily type stuff done
    Floors done
    Cards all written and stamped ready to post.
    All presents delivered, just got to sort something for the person feeding the cat.
    Cat food sorted.
    Passport back with a visa in it, I missed counted the days by 1 sothat has cost me an extra 35, thank goodness I doubled checked last week, if I had got to the airport with no visa, = No flight and I would have been well p&&&&ed off.

Off to work

Take care hugs all round xxx
    35 to go. 35 already gone
    (5 stone to get rid off in total)
  • ClaireT13
    Morning

I'm in again this week. Flew mostly off list last week but it was a success. This week though I'm back to work as normal so need to remember to keep motivated and maintain my efforts of last week.

We bought our tree at the weekend and DH broke the stand So have to get a new one today and get it up ready to decorate so todays list will be useful!

This morning I have already done more than I nornally would so I'm off to a good start!

Level One
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up)
    Level Two
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows
    Extras
    Write some cards, buy any remaining 'special family ones' before the shops sell out

See you all later!
    Claire
  • mineallmine
    Level One
    Originally posted by Dustykitten
    I'm in!

I've been decluttering so that I can begin to flylady
    So 5 mins in living room and 10 mins in hallway and stairs
    The stairs are very cluttered
    Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • bossymoo
    Ooh more newbies getting clean and tidy for the festivities! Welcome! Good to have you on board!

Well I've been packing up some eBay sales before starting work this morning. Just done six and its popped up that a 7th has checked out too everyone paying nice and quick!

So for today, I shall:

Level One
    Clear the floor of clutter (done last night)
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (done last night)
    Level Two
    Wipe and water plants (don't have any)
    Level Three
    Wash the windows

Extras
    Get yours overseas cards in the post last dates are this week (done last week)

Lovely! So just need to Hoover round, do a couple of windows, wipe the woodwork and write my Xmas cards! Hurrah!

Happy Mondays to you all x
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 8 - #91 - 500 so far
  • welshdreamer71
    I'm in also this week, going to add my extras later this evening but I know my bedroom is like a Chinese laundry at the mo so that's my main bug bare to sort thru this week !

Thanks for those running thread its fab ! X
    2 week 5:2=5.5lb off.
  • trulymadlydeeply_indebt!
    Don't you just love it when you type a mahoosive post and then it disappears - not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Try again!

Morning everyone

Thanks for the list again Dusty

DS and DD both off school poorly - DS has a cold with hacking cough and DD has had sickness and diarrhea all weekend. Think I'll be flying in other rooms this morning to steer clear of them both for a while, although getting a fire going and watching a film cuddled up on the sofa may be in order this afternoon, especially with the Brucie Bonus of not having to do school runs and football training runs tonight.

Level One
    Level Two
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows

Extras
    International Airmail
    Wednesday 5 December Asia, Australia, Far East (including Japan), New Zealand
    Friday 7 December Africa, Caribbean, Central America, Middle East and South America

My extras:
    Gather firewood and coal from garage
    Clean the microwave
    Clean the hob - put cleaner on it yesterday afternoon and then forgot about it
    S&S kitchen
    Hoover and mop floor in kitchen

Maybe make a start on Sister's present
    Ring npower re closed account as not impressed at the extra 160 going out of my account this morning, along with the 95 to Scottish Power (my new provider)

Caved into pressure yesterday and have put the Xmas tree up - it looks lovely. Fell asleep on the sofa last night and woke up this morning with the tree lights still on - it was very sparkly and festive.

Having a cuppa now - thanks OH - and then will get cracking at 9.30 - anyone up for HHC?

Have a lovely day everyone

TMD xx
    Last edited by trulymadlydeeply_indebt!; 03-12-2012 at 3:12 PM.
  • toochoosey
    Thanks for the lists I'm in xx

Daily routines
    washing, T W T F S S
    swish and swipe kitchen M T W T F S S
    bathroom, M T W T F S S
    ironing, M T W T F S S
    making beds, M T W T F S S
    vacuuming high traffic areas, M T W T F S S
    making meals M T W T F S S

Night-time routines
    preparing clothes for the next day, M T W T F S S
    making lunches, T W T F S S
    swish & swipes of the kitchen M T W T F S S
    tidying the living room M T W T F S S

Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three
    Wash the windows

Extras
    International Airmail

Cuppa first then on with decorating the tree........
  • Dustykitten
    Been flapping like a good 'ne this morning so all of upstairs tidy and DS1 room dusted. Cleaned the shower room, tidies the LR, emptied bins and recycling.

Replied to one email just need to do another and then check my list before heading out to the shops

I'm in!

I've been decluttering so that I can begin to flylady
    So 5 mins in living room and 10 mins in hallway and stairs
    The stairs are very cluttered
    Originally posted by mineallmine
    Please spend your time doing the stairs we don't want any accidents.

• Dustykitten
    Any spare vibes please ladies for one of my friends. She has found a lump and is getting checked out tonight. A mum in our children's class sadly passed away last week due to breast cancer so my friend is very worried. That is two children in our year group who have lost a mum to cancer and one in the year below all within the last 2 years, so sad.

• bossymoo
    Oh no DK, I hope its nothing sinister.

It's frightening all these little ones losing a parent, so cruel. I don't know how well you know the childrens fathers, but there is the WAY foundation which is for "widowed and young" people, and I've found it to be a lifeline this year. The good thing is, the children are involved too, so they get to meet other kiddies who have suffered the same loss.

HTH xxx
    Bossymoo
    Teetering on the edge...

Sealed Pot Challenge 8 - #91 - 500 so far
    Positive vibes being wished for your friend Dusty. We have a class at our local primary school who have lost 2 parents in the last 2 years, plus another Mum from the same class is also dealing bravely with cancer at the moment. For a small village school, it is a huge percentage, and they are parents to 11 children between them, so it makes for a lot of sad children.

I don't know where my last HH went to - well I do, I sat on here instead - so now I am definitely moving my rump and battering on.
    Anyone in with me?????

TMD xx
  • mineallmine
    [/QUOTE=Dustykitten;57662205]Monday - living room, hallway, stairs
    Level One
    Level Two
    Vacuum the stairs and hallway and living room[/QUOTE]
    I got the vacuum out without realising and before I'd finished clearing the stairs of clutter. That's the non methodical way I work hence an untidy house
    But Living room floor decluttered. Bottom of stairs clutter sorted into piles and put upstairs. I'll attack the rest/top of the stairs bit by bit/next week.
    Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
  • toochoosey
    I'm joing you TMD.......I've done pretty much the same here!!!
  • mineallmine
    Please spend your time doing the stairs we don't want any accidents.
    Originally posted by Dustykitten
    You're absolutely right. It's because the upstairs spare rooms are cluttered that stuff has nowhere to go. But generally it does, it just takes effort. Sending positive vibes your friends way.

Trulymadlydeeply_indebt I'm so out of flylady habits but HH is that half hour? I'll join you for the last 15 mins now. And get some more cr.p off of the stairs!
  • ZCC72
    I'm in & Master List
    Hi All,

I'm in again - and will use this post as my Master List. I'm on a deadline this week, so it will be hit & miss, but I will do all I can......

Level One
    Remove anything now which can give more space for putting the tree up (or tidy your tree if it is up) No tree :-)
    Level Two
    Wipe and water plants
    Level Three
    Wash the windows

p.s. Any knitters out there? Yarnwise magazine are running a competition to win a 6 month subscription (great Christmas pressie!) - hop over to www.facebook.com/Yarnwise, click on the box marked 'WIN!' and follow the instructions. Good luck!
    FLY FIRST, KNIT LATER
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

6,198Posts Today

8,548Users online

Martin's Twitter