Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking > Highview Parking - Charge Notice for a purchased ... (Page 4)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Highview Parking - Charge Notice for a purchased ticket
Views: 4,741
# 61
lucyamw
Old 10-01-2013, 8:25 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi,

I too was issued with a Charge Notice from Highview for Edward Street car park dated the 18/11/12 which like many people received on Xmas Eve after a long day at work. Obviously I threw my ticket away after all that time but I do have my bank statements. I've no intention of paying.
After looking on the lots of different forums, hundreds of people have been affected in the last couple of months - but the Yorkshire Evening Post is running a story on this in the next couple of weeks. I contacted a journalist who is ringing tomorrow and I would urge all those in the same situation to do the same - hopefully the word will spread and innocent paying customers will see what a bunch of cowboys they are and park elsewhere!
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucyamw For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 62
Esmahtron
Old 11-01-2013, 2:41 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default High View Parking Company Scam

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO STAY IN SCOTLAND
This law is apparently only applicable in England and Wales as of 1/10/12 but as its a private company I do not think they have the ability to enforce this law anywhere in the UK.

Don't ignore your letter though - complain!!
Email highviewparking@appealpcn.co.uk highlighting that it is outrageous that they send these letters for car parks with EH post codes such as Almondvale ( Scotland ) whilst stating on the letter an enforced law in England/Wales. Scottish Car Parks should be removed from thier system of automated scare mongering letters. England and Wales have my sympathy.

Last edited by Esmahtron; 11-01-2013 at 2:46 PM.
# 63
Stroma
Old 11-01-2013, 4:29 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esmahtron View Post
FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO STAY IN SCOTLAND
This law is apparently only applicable in England and Wales as of 1/10/12 but as its a private company I do not think they have the ability to enforce this law anywhere in the UK.

Don't ignore your letter though - complain!!
Email highviewparking@appealpcn.co.uk highlighting that it is outrageous that they send these letters for car parks with EH post codes such as Almondvale ( Scotland ) whilst stating on the letter an enforced law in England/Wales. Scottish Car Parks should be removed from thier system of automated scare mongering letters. England and Wales have my sympathy.
The advice to ignore if its your own vehicle applies to all of the UK, the change in law doesn't make these fake tickets suddenly enforceable. They are still an illegal penalty in as I said the whole UK. Complaining to highview or any parking company is pointless in this regard, you will have them in stitches and they will send you letter rejecting your appeal

If you are to complain, do it to the right people. Here is who to complain to

1) Retailers or service providers such as hospitals etc
2) Landlords or management agents
3) DVLA / ICO
4) Trading Standards
5) The press
6) MCOL if issuing a claim

Who not to complain to as its pointless, unless you intend to use popla

1) Parking companies
2) bpa
3) debt collectors / parking company agents
When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
We don't need the following to help you.
Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member
The Following User Says Thank You to Stroma For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 64
muckybutt
Old 11-01-2013, 4:50 PM

I know the car park well, was taken over twice if not three times last year, then up went the cameras without PP for starters.

Was there today paid for two hrs but was there longer than anticipated, so with it being anpr controlled just cover your number plate up as you exit the car park - they then have no record of you leaving the car park so cannot chase you same goes for all other anpr controlled car parks, as you exit cover the number plate up - remembering to uncover it again once back on the public highway.
You may click thanks if you found my advice useful
The Following User Says Thank You to muckybutt For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 65
lucyamw
Old 20-01-2013, 9:01 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Highview Parking Charges Exposed!

I wrote earlier regarding my Charge Notice that I received on Christmas Eve - well the whole debacle has been covered in the Yorkshire Evening Post!

Because I'm a newbie I can't add links but if you go the the Yorkshire Evening Post website and search for the journalist Sophie Hazan, it's the most recent story she's written.

They're obviously trying to cover their tracks in my opinion, but worth a read!
The Following User Says Thank You to lucyamw For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 66
Stroma
Old 20-01-2013, 9:15 PM

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.u...arks-1-5312082
When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
We don't need the following to help you.
Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member
The Following User Says Thank You to Stroma For This Useful Post: Show me >>