Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 61
  • jamesd
    I don't know, maybe an anticipated sale fell through? (shrug) Agree that an extension seems like a better move for the borrower, though since I don't know what was happening, maybe not.
    • shoi
    • By shoi 16th Oct 17, 12:45 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 33 Thanks
    shoi
    The p2pif keep touting the possibility of getting sued by some borrower who feels libelled, and for that reason they have insisted that borrowers names are hidden like this b******r, which makes it extremely hard to follow or find other people's opinions.

Does anyone know if this is a realistic hazard?
    • Flobberchops
    • By Flobberchops 16th Oct 17, 2:16 PM
    • 571 Posts
    • 399 Thanks
    Flobberchops
    Shoi - the convention of censoring out borrower identity seems a bit ridiculous to me, especially as many platforms will openly show loan information on their public sites. Lenders are at greater risk than borrowers so surely we should have the prerogative of more transparency. When it comes to P2PIF though; their house, their rules, even if I don't fully understand/approve.
    I work for a UK bank, but any comments made on this forum are solely my personal opinion. Caveat Emptor!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

179Posts Today

1,402Users online

Martin's Twitter