IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Time to start again
Views: 34,188
# 21
JoeyGrey
Old 21-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Hope your shift goes well - it's so depressing to go to work in the dark and come home in the dark isn't it. It's great that your parents are helping you so much.
OS Weight Loss - 2/8
MFIT Challenge #16
Paid - 7383/19,581 (12,198 officially owed)
Offset Savings - 12637 (439 in credit)

I shall call him Squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my Squishy.
Reply With Quote Report Post
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoeyGrey For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 22
happy daddy
Old 22-11-2012, 10:01 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Had a really down day at work today certain pressures you find working in the care sector i have worked another 12 hour shift 8am-8pm i am tired i have done some work on swagbucks and worked on my application form this evening, i am soon going to go to bed i suppose on a plus side i havent spent any money :O) tomorrow will be a better day i will have my daughter with me x
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to happy daddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 23
happy daddy
Old 23-11-2012, 11:24 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Well today i was up from 7am to start my shift at work today finishing at two o clock, I have now got my daughter for the weekend which i am really looking forward to i love my time with my daughter my evening has been focused around enjoying each others company playing games having fun, its priceless love and devotion leaves many a happy memory for a child

spend wise
two pound for my daughters youth club
nothing else thank you mum and dad for cooking my tea :O)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to happy daddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 24
StressedSteph
Old 24-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

You seem like such a great guy. I wish I could always be as positive as you. Its great to read about you having such a fab relationship with your daughter.

She will reap the benefits when she is older, as girls always marry a guy like their daddy.

Hope you are having a great day. Keep going xxx
Argos 395 Barclaycard 850/ Next (1972) - 1307.63 /
Co-op cc (1852)- 1526 / / Littlewoods (2479) - 2019 / OD (3264) - 2934 /
Tesco CC (5336) - 4886 / Virgin CC (4371)-4057
Nov 2013 Total (20505) - 16717 YNAB Fanatic
April Mini Goals -Get under 16.5k
April Payments 724.43/1,000

Pay off 10k in 2014 - 37% paid
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to StressedSteph For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 25
happy daddy
Old 24-11-2012, 11:55 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Well GoodMorning ermmm well nearly afternoon isnt it, i am really having fun with my daughter shame i cant say the same about the weather here in the North East freezing fog cold and terribly, agen uine a miserable day so far. This morning we have been snuggled up watching a family movie colouring in, and just chilling out Happy daddy will be watching his beloved football Sunderland Fc later on (i know, some one has to support them ) I have already done my saturday morning shopping been to Tesco and Aldi for my parents and collected the clubcard points thanks mum and dad x so thats out of there way After dinner we are planning to Go to the locomotion railway museum its a great place to take the kids they have lots of different events on throughout the year and its free after this i will be going to a indoor play area i feel sorry for these guys there business is failing but i make it to my advantage one pound fifty and half the time they just let you stay in longer than a normal two hour slot. its perfect for an energetic 9 year old, whatever you up to have a great weekend and i will talk more later i have lots to say X Happy daddy X
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to happy daddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 26
happy daddy
Old 24-11-2012, 7:06 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Aww Thanks stressed Steph I adolise my daughter i Love my time with my daughter i believe that its not toys or items that buy love love buys love i just want to be the best possible parent for her and have happy memories of me to keep in her heart forevermore . My positivity is based on passed experiences i suffered with depression badly in 2011 but now i try and look at what i have achieved over the day if its a small thing its simply a bonus and even trying to help someone i simply love it with the work that i do working within mental health/drugs and alcohol i see many a sad site both of my parents have declined in health especially this year, so when i look at myself i think yeah i maybe in debt buy hey i am doing something about it and to be honest my life isnt to bad x happydaddyx will write later about what i have been up to
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to happy daddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 27
rising from the ashes
Old 24-11-2012, 9:50 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy daddy View Post
Happy daddy will be watching his beloved football Sunderland Fc later on (i know, some one has to support them )
This made me chuckle my BFF from when I was younger is a Sunderland supporter and I grew up a fully fledged member of the Toon Army!

There was the occasional falling out but we've been friends for nearly 30 years now

Sounds like you're having a lovely weekend with your DD ..... made me feel all happy, so thanks for sharing.
Starting again - back on the frugal MSE journey
Groceries & Toiletries: Annual 2080
Coin jars ..... starting again having paid for my car tax!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rising from the ashes For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 28
happy daddy
Old 25-11-2012, 11:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi gutted that i havent posted anything on my diary for the past 24 hours i had some really sad news, that a good friend past away i have known him for 26 years and truly gutted and will definately will miss him Rip friend. Anyway yesterday i had a lovely afternoon initially i made plans to go to an indoor play area i had a bit of a weird moment as my ex girlfriend was there i decided not to go in, it was to much for me to see her children and i didnt want them to be upset and i didnt want my daughter to be upset so i travelled a little further, and had a fun packed afternoon with my darling daughter emma louise x once back from activities i put my 20ps into my saving pot and sorted out clothes that i am going to recycle aswell this week, Yesterday evening was spent with my best friend it was great, and its very important to have friend time he is also my daughters god tfather so i love it when they meet up.

Saturdays Spends
four pound twenty= indoor play area
one pound twenty= soft drink at the play area
two pound seven = goodies for my night with my best friend

Today
Well i have started my day off with my lovely daughter today has been quite a short day for us with me been off midweek i had to pick up some overtime this is my last pay before christmas you see i have been given a magical opportunity i am going to see my daughter this christmas she is going to stay with me christmas eve till christmas day i have never had this before in nine years but truth fully although i am gutted that i cut short my access time by 3 hours i am going to use my imagination and give her a magical christmas so a little bit of overtime today has been perfect for me. This morning i took my daughter to Darlington's reindeer parade with santa it was perfect it was just like watching santa claus the movie it was perfect. I did have initial plans to watch the Durham christmas light switch on for this afternoon with Joe Mcelderry Xfactor winner switching the lights on but with the weather been how it is i decided not to go instead i grabbed this bit of overtime i have only 6 hours more to find of overtime and then i have caught up so Durham i will definately go next year feel gutted that i have missed today first time in a few years. I have also started this morning dejunking my car wow i didnt realise i was driving a portable skip i have even put air into my tires i will makes sure i keep a check on this on a regular basis, so i worked an 2-8 today and once i came back from work i have been on swagbucks doing surveys i have sorted a load of dvds which i am going to sell.

During my first week of money saving i have done the following

Started recycling clothes for cash but not to the extreme where i have to wear a fig leaf

Preparing things to sell on ebay and amazon my father is going to help me with posting items Thanks dad i do appreciate it

Daily logins with Swagbucks

Joined the two pound savers club and 20p savers club here on Money saving expert and i put a pound away a day for the next 365 days in a sealed pot

I joined cokezone

And i save aluminium cans and putting them in my garage i have a local scrap yard that will buy them off me

i have started applying for jobs closer to home

I have started a spending diary today to make notes of what i am spending and what i am getting up to i keep forgetting things when it
comes to posting on here and i will continue to look on here for great tips on moneysaving

So the weather is terrible and floods are everywhere and more rain forcast over the next 24 hours i hope everyone simply stays safe hope every has had a nice weekend have a great Monday folks Happydaddyx
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to happy daddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 29
heartbreak_star
Old 26-11-2012, 10:17 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

You're tackling this really positively and how you talk about your daughter is so sweet

The floods are ridiculous - I'm rarely thankful for living on top of a hill but today is one of those times!

HBS x
"Never give a sword to a man who cannot dance."
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to heartbreak_star For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 30
HeadAboveWater
Old 26-11-2012, 10:48 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy daddy View Post
i had some really sad news, that a good friend past away i have known him for 26 years and truly gutted and will definately will miss him Rip friend.
So sorry to hear your sad news

Quote:
i have been given a magical opportunity i am going to see my daughter this christmas she is going to stay with me christmas eve till christmas day i have never had this before in nine years but truth fully although i am gutted that i cut short my access time by 3 hours i am going to use my imagination and give her a magical christmas
Aw she is such a lucky girl to have a daddy who absolutely adores her! She's spoilt rotten, but with love, not money. That's the best way

Quote:
I have also started this morning dejunking my car wow i didnt realise i was driving a portable skip

Quote:
Started recycling clothes for cash but not to the extreme where i have to wear a fig leaf
Wealth is what you're left with when all your money runs out

FD Target take 2: 1750/3600
ebay sales 2014: 106.64
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to HeadAboveWater For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 31
happy daddy
Old 26-11-2012, 10:53 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Day 9 of money saving and really starting to get into the swing of things, my day started with getting up at 7am this morning for work working a 8-2 today i couldnt believe how bad the weather is water everywhere, i am sure i saw a shark swim past my heart goes out to everyone that has been affected its been dreadful and it feels its going to be a while until Mr Sunshine makes an appearance this afternoon i have had the pleasure of my daughter i love it, i love picking her up from school and love hanging out with her, My daughter has an interest in singing and i have managed to find a choir for her to join the nice thing is shes doing something she loves and it costs nothing for me so there is a bonus for me. It feels really weird when i take her back to her mums, even after nine years i miss her deeply i was pleasantly suprised tonight as her mum gave me a tub of broth this should cover my dinner and tea tomorrow thank you it means a lot x. But with the time that i have without my daughter Emma i dedicate my spare time in saving money and clearing debt i still dont know how much i have saved so far, i am feeling so tired this evening i havent done much i have done swagbucks surveys and sorting out more things to sell I have made money today aswell four pound for selling four jigsaws and i am going to make a rabbit hutch out of the spare wood in the garage for my daughters mum i havent decided how much i am going to charge her yet! Keep safe everyone i am off to bed HappyDaddyx

>Todays spends 0.95 for my tea
>
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to happy daddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 32
StressedSteph
Old 27-11-2012, 8:48 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Morning HappyDaddy,

Well done so far in your MSE journey. .95p spend yesterday, well done .

I like your idea about putting 1 away every day. That 365 next November would go a long way towards Christmas. Good Idea.

Are you working today? Hope it goes well.

Great news about getting access to your daughter on Christmas day. That must be the worst part of being separated. Someone is always going to feel miserable on Christmas day. But glad its not you this year.

Just make sure you don't go crazy and over-spend just because you have her home. she wants her Daddy not lots of junk toys xxxx

Have a great day, the rain has stopped here and is forecast dry and cold for the rest of the week, so hopfully that will give the flood waters time to go.

Take care
StressedSteph

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StressedSteph For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 33
happy daddy
Old 27-11-2012, 10:24 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Well good morning everyone The sun is shining here in the North East, Well i have a day off today and Christmas is starting to be on my mind i am going to head off into the Darlington to start Shopping i am going to make two box hampers for her, she loves Girly pampering stuff, and she loves to draw and create stuff so, i am going to hit the pound shops for a couple of hours and see what happens Have a great day talk later X happy daddy x
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to happy daddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 34
happy daddy
Old 27-11-2012, 11:05 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Well the end of Day Ten of moneysaving reality has hit that i am going to have to start my Christmas shopping i went shopping with a close friend I got my dinner bought for me and she even paid for the carpark x thankyou it means a lot its been good to have a bit of me time for a couple of hours, once back to my mum and dads i ate the soup that was kindly made for me by my daughters mum once again i really appreciate what has been done for me today, work wise i have registered on Amazon sorted more clothes for the big clothes dejunk , I have advertised on freecycle I know now what i am going to be selling now so amazon and ebay i am going to be start ebaying and amazoning things over this next couple of days I have done my daily swagbucks reached my daily goal My loose change has gone into my savings pot and I have put a pound into my sealed pot Phew right going to get of to bed theres a 12 hour shift ahead of tomorrow.

Spends for today

five pounds worth of sweets from the pound Shop

Night everyone x
# 35
StressedSteph
Old 28-11-2012, 9:18 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Morning HD,

Sounds like you had a very good day yesterday and a cheap one .

I expect by the time you read this you will have finished you 12 hour shift, so hope it went fast, thats one hell of a days work. But think of the money .

Good idea about the hampers, sounds like you could make a big present and it not cost too much.

The ladies in your life are being very kind to you, although you DO DESERVE IT .

Speak soon
Steph

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to StressedSteph For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 36
MrsDL
Old 28-11-2012, 3:09 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hi Happy daddy!
You sound like a great guy and you are doing such a great job! Well done and keep it up.
I have subscribed to your post and looking forward to your updates
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrsDL For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 37
happy daddy
Old 28-11-2012, 11:43 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Hi a quick update before i go to bed i have been up and since 7am this morning and i have done a 12 hour shift 8am-8pm i havent really done much in looking for deals although i have been on swagbucks and done a yougov survey got another 12 hours shift to do tomorrow, feeling tired but i will be fine just keep myself going keep motivated and keep smiling, i am feeling lucky to be honest reading your comments Steph i am blessed to have good people around me and i have been totally upfront with my friends explaining my situation and i will forever be thankful and help them wherever i can.

My Spends for Today
0.88p for my Dinner
Three pound donation at work my work colleague has cancer she is undertaking chemotherapy we are buying her some artificial flowers to cheer her up
0.94 for my tea i passed two tescos on the way home and bought a lot of salad and fruit from the reduced stall and made a lovely turkey salad with fruit salad yum
my loose coinage has gone into my pot- one pound has gone into my other savings pot and a two pound coin has gone into my other pot Right going to get some sleep night everyone x
# 38
happy daddy
Old 30-11-2012, 11:51 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I tried to post something yesterday but my heart wasnt in it to be honest, I was attacked quite severely at work and its shook me up quite badly to be honest to be honest i am proud of the job i do working as a carer but i am finding more increased levels of not much support its frustrating although the press focus on the badness of care there are good places that provide good support , yesterday days spends were 2.50 i bought a wee bit of alcohol after work just to really try and chill a bit. Today i worked 8-2 and yesterday 8am-8pm I have so looked forward to seeing my daughter today i have hugged her to death, i cannot wait for the adventures with her this weekend bring it on, My spends for the day 67.00 for petrol i havent eaten much to day just not feeling up to it Well, i am off to bed its freezing keep safe one and all keep warm x Happy Daddy x
# 39
happy daddy
Old 02-12-2012, 1:41 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Well i have been feeling just so low in mood over the last couple of days due to a situation at work, but i am fighting back and determined to get back on track, I have my daughter for the weekend so i will worry about the next day when it happens, so i will focus and contue with my journey and pick myself up and get motivated will give a proper update later on with things once i have enjoyed the rest of the day with my daughter and shes has gone back to her mums enjoy the rest of your day folks x Happydaddyx
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to happy daddy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 40
harrys dad
Old 02-12-2012, 2:01 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Sorry to hear you were assaulted at work, make sure you report it properly in writing using the appropriate procedures so there is an official record. This will be important later if it leads to you having to have time off work. I hope you are having a great day with your daughter. Chin up and keep going, we are all here to support you.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harrys dad For This Useful Post: Show me >>