Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search

Results: Can you complain about freebies/low spends?

Yes - You still have rights

30.12% • 25 votes

Maybe (please explain below)

8.43% • 7 votes

No - Can't complain, you didn't pay

61.45% • 51 votes

You may not vote on this poll

83 votes in total.

• FIRST POST
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 12th Nov 12, 1:13 PM
    • 12,699Posts
    • 40,256Thanks
    sarah1972
    0 WOW
    Freebies board chat thread
    • 12th Nov 12, 1:13 PM
    0 WOW
    Freebies board chat thread 12th Nov 12 at 1:13 PM
    New shiny chat thread, Thanks to Lorweld for posting the original 2008 thread.

Hi to all new forum members you can use this thread to ask any questions about the freebie board.

And all forum members can use this to chat with each other.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
Page 17
    • Laura_Scotland
    • By Laura_Scotland 13th Apr 16, 9:22 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 245 Thanks
    Laura_Scotland
    I wasn't sure whether to start a thread or not, so hopefully it's ok to post on this one. Apologies if this has been asked before, I searched but didn't find anything!

I've noticed a lot of foundation sample freebies mentioned on here and other sites, where you go to the brand's counter in a department store etc and ask for one. I would like some samples, but I've never wanted to go up to the counters to ask! I'm quite shy and would be a bit awkward saying no if the sales assistant was pushy and tried to talk me into buying something.

I just wondered if anyone here had went to counters to ask for samples and how was the experience?
    • shell_belle
    • By shell_belle 21st Apr 16, 1:01 PM
    • 608 Posts
    • 1,569 Thanks
    shell_belle
    Birthday freebies
    Apologises, if someone has posted this before but couldn't find anything. Just thought it might be handy to have it all in one place...

Was just wondering what freebies people have received on their birthdays?

So far I've had:

1 x milkshake voucher from Ed's Easy Diner
    1 x app voucher for a cupcake or donut from Greggs
    1 x £5 voucher for Matalan

and various other emails offering me a birthday discount of between 10-25% off products.
    Survey Queen/Poundland Fanatic

• anilambadan
    • By anilambadan 26th Apr 16, 9:52 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    anilambadan
    Is it really freebies and why freebies
    Hi

While searching on google I have seen lot of freebie sites like Latestfreestuff, Gofreestuff etc. Is these sites really giving away free stuff and why they doing it?

Some of the sites collecting email id and is it safe to provide them email id?

thanks
    Anil
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 26th Apr 16, 9:54 AM
    • 12,699 Posts
    • 40,256 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Hi

While searching on google I have seen lot of freebie sites like Latestfreestuff, Gofreestuff etc. Is these sites really giving away free stuff and why they doing it?

Some of the sites collecting email id and is it safe to provide them email id?

thanks
    Anil
    Originally posted by anilambadan
    You will find the freebies that are posted on the above sites will generally have already been posted on here.

Also you don't have to give them your email address to browse the freebies.
    Last edited by sarah1972; 26-04-2016 at 9:56 AM.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Haffiana
    • By Haffiana 5th Oct 16, 9:27 AM
    • 733 Posts
    • 763 Thanks
    Haffiana
    Amazon stop all reviews for free or discounted products
    Amazon is cracking down on the practice of companies offering free products to customers in exchange for a review.In future, such reviews can only come via the online store's own program, Amazon Vine.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-37551069

Personally I am really pleased about this. It has become impossible on Amazon to find real reviews amongst the pages of repetitive rubbish written by reviewers trying to keep their word count up. I wanted to buy some halogen g9 capsule bulbs recently, and one brand had 90-odd positive reviews, most of which either admitted that they hadn't even used the bulb they had received 'in exchange for an honest review', or reported at length that it looked quite bright when they plugged it in for 5 minutes. This sort of reviewing has tarnished the whole Amazon review system.
    • wiorika
    • By wiorika 5th Oct 16, 1:52 PM
    • 372 Posts
    • 437 Thanks
    wiorika
    Apologises, if someone has posted this before but couldn't find anything. Just thought it might be handy to have it all in one place...

So far I've had:

and various other emails offering me a birthday discount of between 10-25% off products.
    Originally posted by shell_belle
    I just got a birthday treat on Greg's app not sure whwhat it is as haven't claimed it yet
    • Hollie_
    • By Hollie_ 5th Oct 16, 3:29 PM
    • 87 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    Hollie_

So far I've had:

Originally posted by shell_belle
    Off the top of my head I've had:
    Greggs sweet treat
    £5 Ikea voucher
    Sundae from Harvester

I think the biggest restaurant discount I've had on my birthday is a free meal from Frankie & Benny's (when 1 other meal is purchased,) which can work out at over 50% off your food bill if there's just 2 of you eating!
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 18th Nov 16, 6:19 PM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 921 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    Noticed that no postings for free calendars this year ? & with regs Tagatose posts ?
    As above and where is Tagatose ?

Post will probably be deleted but hey ho.....
    • crunchie96
    • By crunchie96 19th Nov 16, 12:17 AM
    • 173 Posts
    • 225 Thanks
    crunchie96
    tagatose
    we miss your posts !!!
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 19th Nov 16, 9:13 AM
    • 12,699 Posts
    • 40,256 Thanks
    sarah1972
    we miss your posts !!!
    Originally posted by crunchie96
    He/she posts on the Amazon codes thread regularly
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 6th Jan 17, 12:31 PM
    • 1,176 Posts
    • 921 Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    Phoned Trex who advised me that they will not be supplying free calendars this year. I responded by advising that I would not buy anything from Trex this year because of that.
    • savingisimportant
    • By savingisimportant 8th Jan 17, 5:45 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    savingisimportant
    Is this freebie legit?
    I've started this thread for people who want advice on whether the freebies they've found are actually that. Post your freebie question below and someone else might have already tried it out and can tell you whether it's worth it...
    Last edited by savingisimportant; 08-01-2017 at 6:26 PM.
    • DealMop
    • By DealMop 25th Jul 17, 1:30 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    DealMop
    Are there really Freebies with no spend?
    In was wondering if there are really Freebie offers with no spend?

I would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 25th Jul 17, 2:06 PM
    • 12,699 Posts
    • 40,256 Thanks
    sarah1972
    In was wondering if there are really Freebie offers with no spend?

I would love to hear some feedback.

Thanks
    Originally posted by DealMop
    Yes, thats what this whole board of for.
    • faerielight
    • By faerielight 25th Jul 17, 6:50 PM
    • 1,661 Posts
    • 3,085 Thanks
    faerielight
    I've found a significant drop in freebies this year, compared to the last few, especially beauty stuff from Sopost.., has anyone else found this?
    Many thanks to all who contribute on MSE
    • surfsister
    • By surfsister 5th Oct 17, 3:24 PM
    • 7,234 Posts
    • 10,694 Thanks
    surfsister
    Ideal Home tickets impossible to get
    Ideal Home tickets impossible to get

I've wasted so much work time trying
    • pawlala
    • By pawlala 5th Oct 17, 3:26 PM
    • 1,225 Posts
    • 3,275 Thanks
    pawlala
    why dont you just go to the (working) seetickets website and put the code in there?
    Mortgage free I: 8th December 2009!
    Mortgage free II: New Year's Eve 2013!
    Mortgage free III: Est. Dec 2019...
    • StephenR
    • By StephenR 5th Oct 17, 3:37 PM
    • 22 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    StephenR
    Just go to https://www.seetickets.com/tour/ideal-home-show-at-christmas directly.

Worked for me!
    • itm2
    • By itm2 5th Oct 17, 3:53 PM
    • 666 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    itm2
    That seemed to work for me but I never got an email confirmation - did you get an email?
    • pawlala
    • By pawlala 5th Oct 17, 3:56 PM
    • 1,225 Posts
    • 3,275 Thanks
    pawlala
    give it half an hour or so, then check again
    Mortgage free I: 8th December 2009!
    Mortgage free II: New Year's Eve 2013!
    Mortgage free III: Est. Dec 2019...
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,407Posts Today

8,243Users online

Martin's Twitter