Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    robk87
    Legal advice - Letting agents contact details.
    • 9th Nov 12, 8:36 PM
    Legal advice - Letting agents contact details. 9th Nov 12 at 8:36 PM
    I posted recently about trying to get our deposit back from our letting agent: (apparently I can't post a link, but you could access this through my profile).

To summarise:

Our letting agents still hasn't returned our deposit after 2 months and we have discovered that it was not protected.

As suggested we sent a 'letter before action' but have not heard anything back. The problem is we have found out that the company has ceased trading. Although we have an email address that we know works we no longer have phone contact with the letting agent. We have the Landlady's number and she is trying to help us but we don't have any other details.

It seems that the address we have for the letting agent is no longer valid (due to the company ceasing trading). We don't have an address for the landlady either.

My question is:

How can we get an address to serve legal papers to in order to pursue a claim?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,429Posts Today

7,631Users online

Martin's Twitter