Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    sleepali
    House alarm keeps going off...help!
    • 13th Apr 07, 8:55 PM
    House alarm keeps going off...help! 13th Apr 07 at 8:55 PM
    I've had my house alarm fitted for nearly ten years now. About 6 months ago, it started going off of it's own accord (even when not set), the noise was not the full sonic alarm but more of a tamper panel noise.

At first I thought it was the battery so I replaced this which seemed to solve the problem but only for a short while. It did go off a couple of times after but then settled down.

It recently started going off again so I again replaced the battery but to no avail. It goes off (still unset & when I'm in the house & just nipped out) at any given time.

I have taken the battery off, checked all the screws on the wires are tight and done the same with the push button panel but this has not stopped it from going off.

I have cleaned all the PIR sensors as well.

My sister has the same alarm system and exactly the same thing has been happening to hers as well!

The system is made by Veritas.

Can anyone shed any light on what the problem may be and how to fix it please?

Thank you
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,857Posts Today

7,145Users online

Martin's Twitter