Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sally
    • By MSE Sally 31st Oct 12, 3:23 PM
    • 70Posts
    • 27Thanks
    MSE Sally
    Best Premier Current Accounts Article Discussion Area
    • 31st Oct 12, 3:23 PM
    Best Premier Current Accounts Article Discussion Area 31st Oct 12 at 3:23 PM
    This discussion relates to the new

Last edited by MSE Sally; 22-11-2012 at 3:26 PM.
Page 6
    • bigadaj
    • By bigadaj 6th Feb 17, 9:11 PM
    • 10,708 Posts
    • 6,997 Thanks
    bigadaj
    The Smile More account includes lounge access (selectable) through Dragon Pass - as well as Travel insurance and breakdown cover. Includes both of you if joint account. Costs about 15 pcm
    Originally posted by snowcat53
    Though not available anymore.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 7th Feb 17, 1:50 AM
    • 37,823 Posts
    • 34,216 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    The Smile More account includes lounge access (selectable) through Dragon Pass - as well as Travel insurance and breakdown cover. Includes both of you if joint account. Costs about 15 pcm
    Originally posted by snowcat53
    No longer available to new customers. We're hanging on to ours primarily for the travel insurance: every now and again I do the medical screening for the other accounts which offer it and are available to new customers, but they all want to charge an additional £1-200 per year for DH's interesting collection of conditions ... and Smile don't!
    Still knitting!
    Completed: 1 adult cardigan, 3 baby jumpers, 2 shawls, 3 pairs baby bootees,
    1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 1 seaman's hat ...
    Current projects: 1 shawl, another seaman's hat
    • craftyash
    • By craftyash 6th Jul 17, 7:07 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    craftyash
    I have the Nationwide Flex Plus account and recently made a claim on the mobile insurance. In the email the instructions described how to send the phone to the company that deals with the claims.

It stated "We recommend using an insured service such as Royal Mail Special Delivery".

I found it strange that I must arrange and pay to send the phone away. I checked the T&C's of the policy, there's no mention of the policy holder arranging and paying for the postage.

Thinking it was a mistake I phoned Nationwide who stated that it's the correct process.

It should be written in the policy and a cost you should be made aware of, just as much as the excess as it's a cost incurred through making a claim.

I wrote a complaint about it to which they said they'd inform the appropriate department to look at including it in the policy.

Just a potential cost to consider when comparing these types of accounts.
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 6th Jul 17, 10:47 PM
    • 37,823 Posts
    • 34,216 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    I have the Nationwide Flex Plus account and recently made a claim on the mobile insurance. In the email the instructions described how to send the phone to the company that deals with the claims.

It stated "We recommend using an insured service such as Royal Mail Special Delivery".

I found it strange that I must arrange and pay to send the phone away. I checked the T&C's of the policy, there's no mention of the policy holder arranging and paying for the postage.

Thinking it was a mistake I phoned Nationwide who stated that it's the correct process.

It should be written in the policy and a cost you should be made aware of, just as much as the excess as it's a cost incurred through making a claim.

I wrote a complaint about it to which they said they'd inform the appropriate department to look at including it in the policy.

Just a potential cost to consider when comparing these types of accounts.
    Originally posted by craftyash
    It wouldn't surprise me if that was entirely normal with any sort of phone insurance / repair.
    Still knitting!
    • Savvy_Sue
    • By Savvy_Sue 6th Jul 17, 10:49 PM
    • 37,823 Posts
    • 34,216 Thanks
    Savvy_Sue
    No longer available to new customers. We're hanging on to ours primarily for the travel insurance: every now and again I do the medical screening for the other accounts which offer it and are available to new customers, but they all want to charge an additional £1-200 per year for DH's interesting collection of conditions ... and Smile don't!
    Originally posted by Savvy_Sue
    And once again I've done medical screening with Halifax, and they want an additional £67 for DH. Renewed the screening with Smile (have to do it each year and it was free) and once more it's free with Smile.

What I find even more bizarre is that the screening is with the same company, AXA, and they ask the exact same questions, and I give the exact same answers.
    Still knitting!
    • duncansby
    • By duncansby 15th Sep 17, 12:10 PM
    • 280 Posts
    • 119 Thanks
    duncansby
    Hi - can I open a Nationwide Flex Plus joint account and use it solely for the insurance and just set up a standing order from my Halifax to Nationwide for £12 per month?
    • craftyash
    • By craftyash 15th Sep 17, 2:29 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    craftyash
    Don't see why you can't. The fee is actually going to be £13 per month. You also get 3% interest on balances up to £2500. If you can, it might be worth considering using that to offset the fee slightly.

Also get someone who has a qualifying Nationwide current account to refer you and you both get £100.
    • poida
    • By poida 9th Oct 17, 4:02 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    poida
    Hi, so I have a joint Nationwide Flex Plus account, we use it for the iphone cover and car breakdown insurance. We also have a joint Halifax reward account. With the changes, we are looking at downgrading the nationwide account and upgrading the Halifax account as it appears we'll get a few extras (home emergency and card cover) with Halifax for £1 less per month.

Am I right in thinking this or is there something I'm missing. We keep our savings separate so interest is moot. We don't travel overseas much as we have small kids.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

148Posts Today

1,908Users online

Martin's Twitter