Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Essential Money > Debt-Free Wannabe > Newlyn plc.....are working illegally!!!!! (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Newlyn plc.....are working illegally!!!!!
Views: 3,867
# 1
kelzberna
Old 26-10-2012, 11:57 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Exclamation Newlyn plc.....are working illegally!!!!!

Hi everyone,

Today I received a letter from the Office of fair trading stating that

Consumer Credit Act 1974 (the Act)
Complaint against: Newlyn Plc
Licence No: 0585311 lapsed on 22 February 2012

They are trading ILLEGALLY!!!!!

I have emailed them stating that they are trading illegally as well as sending off a form4 (bailiffs hate these forms)to my local courts who issued Newlyn to my council tax bill.

I am having troubles with Newlyn Plc due to Dagenham council making a !!!! up with my 2009 council tax bill...at the time I was pregnant with my youngest and on state benefits yet they still say I was in £600 arrears which is now £998 due to newlyn charges.

After doing some research...under the council tax regualtions anyone on state benefits are not to be harrased by bailiffs as payments can be deducted from your benefit. Also I have removed right of access to my property. A letter was sent to Newlyn PLC stating that all rights to access my property have been removed as well as a fee schedule with all my fees present. I also have a notice to remove rights of access at my window with a video camera in plain sight so if they breach/violate the notice I can charge them up to £5,000 per violation. This is all above board LAWFULLY

So Newlyn PLC are due to come to my house this saturday to levy goods. Bare in mind they have not established if Im the person they are looking for, neither have they been in my property to take note of what I have and neither have I signed anything that puts me in contract with these guys.

Previously they tried to take my neighbours car for my debt which didnt happen, when i called newlyn they said they could remove a car if it seemed to be mine. They didnt check with DVLA if the car was mine or if I even owned a car or a licence.

Do not let these guys try and rip you off know your rights

Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
Bedsit Bob
Old 26-10-2012, 12:39 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Isn't this a criminal offence?
I donít object to the concept of a deity, but Iím baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

ISA Deposits: £600

Amount I have so far denied the BBC - £724-50
# 3
Boris Allen
Old 26-10-2012, 12:45 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedsit Bob View Post
Isn't this a criminal offence?
Yup. Good luck getting pleb- oops I mean plod - to do anything about it though.
B.A - Shut up fool!
# 4
Bedsit Bob
Old 26-10-2012, 1:09 PM

I'd say it was still worth reporting it to the police, preferably by email.

That way, if something serious happens in the future, you can prove they had been made made aware of if it, and didn't act on it.
I donít object to the concept of a deity, but Iím baffled by the notion of one that takes attendance.

# 5
kelzberna
Old 26-10-2012, 1:10 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

isnt what a criminal offence?

police have already written a statement that they will assist me with any trespassers on my property
# 6
kelzberna
Old 26-10-2012, 1:11 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

the police have a copy of the letter sent from the office of fair trade and trading standards
# 7
Bedsit Bob
Old 26-10-2012, 1:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelzberna View Post
isn't what a criminal offence?
Operating a bailiff company, without being licensed.

# 8
kelzberna
Old 26-10-2012, 1:43 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Yup its also an offence for a judge to issue an unlicensed bailiff knowing their license is out of date
# 9
Enforcement Officer
Old 26-10-2012, 4:55 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

It would be beneficial if you understood the facts before you complain.

Firstly, Newlyn does not need a Consumer Credit License to operate as certificated bailiffs. The CCL is only relevant when working as a DCA against consumers. In this instance they are enforcing a warrant/liability order under a Bailiff's general certificate (Distress for Rent 88).

Secondly, your letter removing rights of access is not worth the paper it is written on nor is the ridiculous charges you claim to be able to make. A Certificated Bailiff has every right to enter your property lawfully and seize your goods.

However, I agree that everybody should take a little time to understand their rights but that your comments are less than helpful and may start causing more harm than good.

There is plenty of help out there for troubled debtors. Use it.
# 10
scarletmoon101
Old 26-10-2012, 5:11 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Yes, a Certificated Baliliff has every right to enter your property lawfully and seize your goods....providing they have previously gained 'peaceful entry' and have done walking possession order first...

They can't just enter your property and seize your goods without it.

Correct??
# 11
kelzberna
Old 26-10-2012, 5:29 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletmoon101 View Post
Yes, a Certificated Baliliff has every right to enter your property lawfully and seize your goods....providing they have previously gained 'peaceful entry' and have done walking possession order first...

They can't just enter your property and seize your goods without it.

Correct??
thats correct they havent even established who I am yet! They have never gained entry into my home therefore they do not know what i own.

And to the person who said the notice isnt worth the paper its written on THE POLICE WHO HAVE SIGNED AND HAVE GAVE PERMISSION to assist me with these criminals

Funny enough since NEWLYN now know of this I have receievd an email stating they will not be coming to my address tomorrow lol

peaceful entry is if the windows and doors are open and what person in their right mind leaves these open.

Oh well theres a bat and a few BIGGER guys awaiting them when they turn up!
# 12
kelzberna
Old 26-10-2012, 5:33 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcement Officer View Post
It would be beneficial if you understood the facts before you complain.

Firstly, Newlyn does not need a Consumer Credit License to operate as certificated bailiffs. The CCL is only relevant when working as a DCA against consumers. In this instance they are enforcing a warrant/liability order under a Bailiff's general certificate (Distress for Rent 88).

Secondly, your letter removing rights of access is not worth the paper it is written on nor is the ridiculous charges you claim to be able to make. A Certificated Bailiff has every right to enter your property lawfully and seize your goods.

However, I agree that everybody should take a little time to understand their rights but that your comments are less than helpful and may start causing more harm than good.

There is plenty of help out there for troubled debtors. Use it.

I HAVE USED THIS NOTICE FOR THE PAST 2 YEARS AND HAVE TAKEN IN TOTAL £5,743.77 OFF THE TV LICENSE FOR VIOLATING THE NOTICE SO YES IT IS WORTH THE PAPER ITS PRINTED ON .... GOT THIS MONEY THRIUGH SMALL CLAIMS COURT.
But then your a THUG too by your name of course you will stick up for your BOYS.

A form4 has also been sent to the issuing court in regards to these bailiffs

who knows you may be next
# 13
assj
Old 26-10-2012, 7:20 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I don't mean to be rude, but why do you need "a bat and a few bigger guys"?

If you are such an expert at this, surely you wouldn't need the bat or the bigger guys?

And in fact why on earth do you have any debt if indeed you can make so much money using your knowledge of the system. Surely it's not the "TV License situation again"?

I don't understand what you mean by "you may be next"?

When I called 999 last week it took 50 minutes for the Police to arrive, I doubt that they have any time for you!

Oh and who would want to live a life with these people after you and to fight all of their life, that's not a life, very very sad
Halifax Overdraft 0% charges - £2000
Barclaycard 0% - £675
Mother - Halifax 0% - £2113
Halifax One Card 0% - £1527
# 14
Herbie21
Old 28-10-2012, 10:04 AM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Enforcement Officer.

Extraordinary posts concerning your interpretation of the requirement for a bailiff company to have a CCL.

It is a well known fact that all bailiffs companies will "claim" that they do not need to have a CCL but strangely, with the exception of Newlyn Plc EVERY other bailiff company has a CCL !!!

Also, if your claim is correct, (in that Newlyn Plc do not require a CCL) then please explain WHY Newlyn had a CCL in the first place !!! Surely, if they had not needed one in the past....why did they have it?

Also, from FOI requests it would seem that almost all local authority clients make it a requirement in their contract that their bailiff providers have a CCL

I await your answer with interest.