Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Tazni
    Field Agent - IPhone app
    • 23rd Oct 12, 10:35 AM
    Field Agent - IPhone app 23rd Oct 12 at 10:35 AM
    I've recently downloaded an app called 'Field Agent' from the app store on my Iphone. The basic principle is people put up small jobs to do, such as grovery store checks, you do it and you get paid for it.... Quite like mystery shopping but less hassle.

I myself have not done any jobs with it yet but there seems to be a fair number available, and if I was to do them all within my nearby area I'd be £65 richer for such a simple job. I recommend people have a look at the app, it's had really good reviews and could be good for earning a bit of extra money on the side
    2012-2013 Deposit target £2663.05/ £3876.74

Holiday Saving Target £400 / £1000
Page 2
  • PlumLuck
    Do you need to be self-employed to use this app? I'm a bit confused and don't want to start using it if I'm not supposed to. Thanks.
    • BlueCow1975
    • By BlueCow1975 15th Feb 14, 7:27 PM
    • 1,398 Posts
    • 4,867 Thanks
    BlueCow1975
    Anybody can use the app, but if you are going to be earning "extra" income then you are liable for tax on that. So, given that is the case you should register with HMRC as being self employed and complete an annual tax return. You can be employed and in self employment as well. Look at the mystery shopping thread and it gives you all the info you need.

• PlumLuck
    But if it's 'petty cash' does it matter? I'm not eligible to be paying tax or NI.
    Sorry, I don't know much about these things
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 18th May 17, 3:18 PM
    • 105 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    Thanks for all your feedback so far. Please keep adding to this thread if you have any comments about using Field Agent.

MSE Sarah
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
    • tykesi
    • By tykesi 18th May 17, 4:16 PM
    • 1,854 Posts
    • 2,569 Thanks
    tykesi
    Thanks for all your feedback so far. Please keep adding to this thread if you have any comments about using Field Agent.

MSE Sarah
    Originally posted by MSE Sarah
    Field agent has recently changed hands (not sure exactly what happened) and has really dropped off now, I used to make a decent amount with them but the jobs are few and far between recently.

They still pay OK but speed of acceptance of jobs can be a bit hit and miss and I've had to chase up a couple of times since the change over. Hopefully the new people will get more jobs on the app but Task 360 (run by the old Field Agent crew) is now the place to be.
    £2017 in 2017 - £6362.49
    • MetalLaLa
    • By MetalLaLa 21st May 17, 1:53 PM
    • 56 Posts
    • 90 Thanks
    MetalLaLa
    I definitely agree since it changed hands it's not been the same, however just this weekend I completed two tasks that earned me £10 and they got approved instantly so as something that isn't to be guaranteed regular money, it's okay. They have however improved PayPal payouts (no longer needed to log in via a web browser) and having notifications enabled helps.
    • vegasvisitor
    • By vegasvisitor 27th May 17, 10:22 PM
    • 2,115 Posts
    • 1,314 Thanks
    vegasvisitor
    These apps are both mystery shopping apps. I've got an android phone so can't use either, but you do need to be registered as self employed and do a self assessment tax return if you're going to use these.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,147Posts Today

6,015Users online

Martin's Twitter