Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Natty68
    Capital One
    • 14th Nov 06, 5:56 PM
    Capital One 14th Nov 06 at 5:56 PM
    I have been ignoring the continually building up letters from Capital One regarding my debt, plus also the debt collectors letters on behalf of Capital One too, mainly because I have been ill with my health. Ok I know its no excuse and I really shouldn't have but I was in the mind that if I threw it away and buried my head in the sand it would all disappear. Now I can say that I have decided its now time to face up to my debt.

After reading a few things on here, and seeing one particular post about claiming a debt of bank charges I have decided to do this with Capital One.

I had a limit of 200 but the actual debt is now way over 650.00 which is all charges and late payment charges. What I wanted to know is it actually possible to get ALL the charges paid back, although I would actually like the whole debt written off but I know that won't happen.. Now technically they won't be giving me the money back myself as I haven't actually paid them this back yet, so they would be giving it back to themselves if you see what I mean.

I did manage to get something like this sorted out with Nationwide when basically one of my accounts was actually all bank charges for bounced direct debits and with just one email to them they happily refunded the money out of the account and cleared the balance.

Is it possible to do the same with Capital One. I don't have any copies of their statements and as this has now been sold to debt collectors who do I contact to get the copies.

Any help would be appreciated, sorry for the long waffle..

Debt free as of 3rd May 2012
    But still struggling financially
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

887Posts Today

5,899Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @Kezvic: @MartinSLewis @GMB Martin Lewis is a legend! Just booked return tickets to London for me and my dad for £20! Don't mind if I do?

• On my way to @GMB for my 7:40 Deals of the Week, incl rebuild your credit, ee power bar issues?, virgin train sale, Eurostar summer & more

• M'weekly email: Cheap stolen goods, 32mth0%, EE powerbar con? £17 HiTec, is solar worth it?, Virgin train sale.. http://t.co/jMBs9QbagJ RT

• Follow Martin