Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MotheroftheKid
    • By MotheroftheKid 16th Oct 12, 3:50 PM
    • 153Posts
    • 169Thanks
    MotheroftheKid
    0 WOW
    Peel Hotel Gold Voucher is Back
    • 16th Oct 12, 3:50 PM
    0 WOW
    Peel Hotel Gold Voucher is Back 16th Oct 12 at 3:50 PM
    Just got an email from the Peel Hotel group, 2 nights, 2 people, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts from £99. A good offer I think.

Apologies if this has already been posted.

http://www.peelhotels.co.uk/emails/christmas-2012/index.shtml
Page 1
  • Fifer73
    • 16th Oct 12, 4:03 PM
    • 16th Oct 12, 4:03 PM
    You got there before me, lol, I just got this in my email today and was away to post
  • kolibri
    • 16th Oct 12, 4:21 PM
    • 16th Oct 12, 4:21 PM
    Perfect! Just booked a romantic getaway with DH in Wallingford for 4th and 5th of Jan for £99! The reviews of the hotel are very good too, can't believe the price!
    Thank you very very much, OP!! x
    • weenireeni
    • By weenireeni 16th Oct 12, 7:19 PM
    • 1,444 Posts
    • 24,336 Thanks
    weenireeni
    • 16th Oct 12, 7:19 PM
    • 16th Oct 12, 7:19 PM
    thanks for this, i know it says for 2 adults, would they let our 1 year old stay with us too??? x
    2011 biggies: £1000 holiday,£100 all saints voucher, £200 ticketmaster, Links London bracelet, Ted Baker watch, £50 Oliver Bonas
    2011 aim - win enough to save up for baby items!
    2009 wins total £2623 inc break in Iceland!
    2010 wins total £6430 inc break in Dubai!
    • MotheroftheKid
    • By MotheroftheKid 16th Oct 12, 7:37 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    MotheroftheKid
    • 16th Oct 12, 7:37 PM
    • 16th Oct 12, 7:37 PM
    thanks for this, i know it says for 2 adults, would they let our 1 year old stay with us too??? x
    Originally posted by weenireeni
    I would phone them and ask - you can only get this offer via phone anyway.

I used this offer the year before last for the Peterborough hotel. It was an executive room (double bed) but there were other rooms. I do remember seeing children certainly at breakfast. I'm sure they would be accommodating if they can.
    • wortblossom
    • By wortblossom 16th Oct 12, 7:44 PM
    • 334 Posts
    • 166 Thanks
    wortblossom
    • 16th Oct 12, 7:44 PM
    • 16th Oct 12, 7:44 PM
    Anyone know which is the best hotel of the lot to go for, as id like to treat my mum and would like it to be really nice. location doesnt really matter.
    • cabbage
    • By cabbage 17th Oct 12, 1:06 PM
    • 1,143 Posts
    • 974 Thanks
    cabbage
    • 17th Oct 12, 1:06 PM
    • 17th Oct 12, 1:06 PM
    My son has had this for Christmas for the last 2 years. He really liked the Newcastle one and found it was very luxurious. He also liked Peterborough. Newcastle might be a bit lively. Peterborough is in the city centre but not too near other clubs and very close to Queensgate shopping centre. Its excellent value for money.

The first year he used the voucher he was concerned as he found out one night would cost £200 and he had a 2 nighter. He rang me to double check I hadn't gone mad that year and shelled out a fortune for his present.

Its nicely presented too on heavy gold card and there is no mention of the price paid on the voucher.

Its a shame they haven't got more locations throughout the country otherwise he would be getting another voucher this year!
    The Cabbage
    Its Advice - Take it or Leave it
    • Slats
    • By Slats 18th Oct 12, 9:50 AM
    • 293 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    Slats
    • 18th Oct 12, 9:50 AM
    • 18th Oct 12, 9:50 AM
    We took our 1.5 year old last year and they were fine. breakfast was included for her but we paid for kids meals in the evening.
  • funnyguy
    • 18th Oct 12, 4:43 PM
    • 18th Oct 12, 4:43 PM
    am I right in assuming you can only use the £99 for the first week in January?
  • kolibri
    am I right in assuming you can only use the £99 for the first week in January?
    Originally posted by funnyguy
    Yes, you are!
  • cats whiskers
    Just booked for Feb for partners birthday, 2 nights, 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts for £129. Great Deal especially as the meals in the restaurant will cost around £25 each per person each night.
  • cagan
    Anyone know which is the best hotel of the lot to go for, as id like to treat my mum and would like it to be really nice. location doesnt really matter.
    Originally posted by wortblossom
    I bought one last year for my parents and they went to The George near Oxford. They really enjoyed it and said it was a very charming hotel.
  • kolibri
    I bought one last year for my parents and they went to The George near Oxford. They really enjoyed it and said it was a very charming hotel.
    Originally posted by cagan
    It's nice to know, thanks! I am staying there with my husband in Jan!
  • lally666young
    The one in the lakes is lovely, I stayed there on a course. If I had the money I would be there like a shot!!
    Has anyone seen my last marble
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.LZ member Soylent Green Supervisor
    • anj67
    • By anj67 23rd Oct 12, 3:16 PM
    • 225 Posts
    • 220 Thanks
    anj67
    Carlisle
    I went to the one in Carlisle with my husband and daughter who was 7 at the time in February half term last year and it was very good value. I gave the gold voucher to my husband for his birthday. I paid an extra £20 per night for my daughter so it came to a total of £159 which was great for 2 breakfasts, 2 evening meals and 2 night's accommodation. We also got a free upgrade to a family room which meant my daughter was in an adjoining room. The hotel had a swimming pool so we made use of that too! I would definitely recommend it for a cheap weekend away
    • melb
    • By melb 23rd Oct 12, 6:07 PM
    • 2,436 Posts
    • 934 Thanks
    melb
    is the carlisle one classed as the Lakes
  • Sally22
    Hmm might show my partner this, as an early birthday present, my birthday is mid Jan
    Slimming World Member - Started 05/02/15

• littleoldme
    I went to the one in Carlisle with my husband and daughter who was 7 at the time in February half term last year and it was very good value. I gave the gold voucher to my husband for his birthday. I paid an extra £20 per night for my daughter so it came to a total of £159 which was great for 2 breakfasts, 2 evening meals and 2 night's accommodation. We also got a free upgrade to a family room which meant my daughter was in an adjoining room. The hotel had a swimming pool so we made use of that too! I would definitely recommend it for a cheap weekend away
    Originally posted by anj67
    we went to this one last jan for my birthday . the room was the smallest i have ever stayed in . our window wouldnt close , the bathroom was so small you had to go down the side of the toilet to shut the door . there was stains on the carpet and a feeling of a bit run down.
    there was broken windows along the hall way.

when we went to breakfast we stood to be seated (there was a please wait sign) and the staff totally ignored us . after 10 mins we end up just finding a clean table for ourselves. its a buffet breakfast so you just help yourself , which im glad it was , as most of the time there was no-one about .

the good points about the hotel is its bang in the middle of town, walk out the front doors and your in the high street.
    i did really enjoy the food and the prices for drinks werent that bad.

if i had paid the going rate for the hotel i would of been so disappointed .

for £99 for 2 with dinner it is a bargain but i dont think i would go back to this one again.
    • MotheroftheKid
    • By MotheroftheKid 24th Oct 12, 11:53 PM
    • 153 Posts
    • 169 Thanks
    MotheroftheKid
    I stayed at the Peterborough Hotel, The Bull - it was lovely, we had an executive room. The breakfast was good, half and half, half you helped yourself to the other half you ordered (cooked breakfast). The dinner on both nights was gorgeous - I would recommend this hotel. Really would love to take this offer up again but not much fun on your own!!!!
    • Finch7
    • By Finch7 25th Oct 12, 7:43 AM
    • 1,415 Posts
    • 2,745 Thanks
    Finch7
    I have used this deal quite a few times (multiple times a year!) I have stayed in Leeds and Newcastle which were both great but the Nottingham one I wasn't overjoyed with but that was because the room stunk of smoke and it was full of stag/hens.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,802Posts Today

7,418Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @hugorifkind: Arguing that Hitler was a Zionist is like arguing that the slave trade was pro-immigration. Get a grip.

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Morning! In this week's email: Loads of ways to save inc. Urgent Sky £30/mth, M&S 50%, £36off Tesco & Hotpoint wins: ht?

• RT @GMB: Fancy coming on GMB to learn how to save loads on your car insurance with @MartinSLewis? Find out more: https://t.co/B9vQfOliPA

• Follow Martin