Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

0 WOW
    Guide: Get a discount from EVERY online purchase - Flubit Review
    • 29th Sep 12, 6:27 PM
    0 WOW
    Guide: Get a discount from EVERY online purchase - Flubit Review 29th Sep 12 at 6:27 PM
    Some serious money saving here:

I've been using a UK company called Flubit for the last few online purchases I've made, and they managed to get me 10-30% discounts from prices I found online and sent to them.

All of the items arrived on time and there are no hidden costs (paid safely with PayPal).

Here's how you do it:

1. Find something you wanna buy on any site, copy the URL link

2. Go to

3. Paste that URL in on their site, and wait

4. In a few hours, they email you with a custom 10-20% discount that you can buy (or not) by following the link to their website

5. Pay with PayPal

I purchased my stuff immediately on all occasions, and the items arrived with the usual UK shipping times: 2-4 days.

How does it work? I think they have affiliate schemes. (I initially signed up for their services last year — it was very different then back then, you would get deals based on how many other people buy it. They took their site down and now relaunched and I was emailed. No more group-buying from what I can tell, but last time the discounts were only 8-12%. Now it's way more.)

All I care is that for any online purchase I've gotten a good discount. I've bought jeans, an iPhone case, ski jacket, books, Apple TV, etc. — got discounts between 10-25%, weird decimals like 23.45%.

Thinking also about getting my TV there. (I've been thinking of starting to do my Christmas shopping now.)

As for negatives, nothing major yet. Haven't contacted customer support, so can't say. But one thing, while the site is very easy to use on my PC (cool design), however, on my iPhone, it takes me to a screen that says they're still making their mobile site:

But it's misleading, because if you scroll down and click the blue link then it takes you to the normal site and that works pretty well:

Don't know if you can buy, but I was able to check my account and order status. It's a bit weird when zooming — maybe it's because I'm on iOS 6:

Has anyone else used it?

I find that the only thing that don't seem to work are eBay listings — but I think it also said 'coming soon' when I tried (don't quote me on that one).
Page 2
  • alansimms
    Further to my previous post on these goons, I had 2 more orders fall through after going through their support requests through the help clinic & their fireworks merchant their own , I have reported them twice to pay pal for reach because they offred something saying "purchase before 13.00 to be dispatched today" but 10 days later they still hadn't dispatched it , and no contact to my support requests they only made a serious effort to communicate after i contacted pay pal.
    then they sent me an email saying its been refunded, guess what after 5 days no refund appeared!! it was pay pal who forced them to do so, even then according to pay pal flubit never even tried to contact them on the case!! i wouldn't be suprised if paypal suspended these jokers!!!
    I have one proof from a different(not fireworks!!) merchant that flubit sent them the order 3 days late flubit lied to me by telling me that the supplier let them down by not dispatching it -utter lies!!! the reputed merchant sent me proof of when they received the order (minus some details of course)
    my guess is these guys don't have time for their customers because they keep trolling the internet to write fake reviews & posts .
    I can believe I am just the unlucky customer , but 11 orders had problems 4 orders cancelled !! what more proof do i need , if you go to their own blog or even their Facebook page you'll know this to be true.
    they lost a good customer in me
  • The Wise One
    Flubit and Fireworks Merchant Ltd
    Having just received a recommendation to use Flubit from, I read through this thread (thanks for all the input) and did a bit of digging:
    Flubit Ltd, Company No.07431943, was incorporated on 8.11.10 and Fireworks Merchant Ltd, Company No.08025018 on 11.4.12.

Flubit answers the connection question in their FAQ:
    "Flubitís service is to create you a better offer for almost anything you want to buy online. We do this by partnering with a growing number of retailers who sell through our site. However, there are occasions when a product you demand isnít available from one of our retailer partners. So to ensure we nearly always come back to you with a better offer, we set up our own retailer brand. This is called Fireworks Merchant Limited and it sells through flubit in exactly the same way as our other retailer partners."

For me, I don't intend to complete the mandatory questionnaire about my age, gender and reasons for buying so, coupled with these forum comments, I won't be using them.

• 1jim
    • By 1jim 24th Oct 13, 11:51 AM
    • 2,583 Posts
    • 1,178 Thanks
    I've just used these for 3 purchases

Am pleased to report that I found the experience easy to use and saved me money!

They are essentially a broker type of affair, you decide what you want that's listed on amazon, put on the URL and they aim to find cheaper price, if you accept that price, you pay them, they order it from wherever and get the item dispatched to you, the supplier may or may not be amazon. See below

Order 1
    Sonicare replacement toothbrush heads x2
    Amazon price £14.99
    Flubit price £13.28
    Was delivered from Argos direct, on looking at Argos the price they charge by going direct is £19.99!

Order 2
    Brabantia bin liners. Pack of 20
    Amazon price £2.49 but would need to pay delivery unless ordered something else to qualify super saver
    Flubit price £2.34 including delivery
    Was delivered from John Lewis, but was delivered a 40 pack of bin liners and couldn't see this online at john Lewis

Order 3
    Lightening McQueen toy car,
    Amazon price £5.34 but then needed to pay delivery as not over £10 for supersaver
    Flubit price £5.02 including delivery, delivered from Amazon!

Placed these orders over the weekend and all had arrived by yesterday morning!
    I understand they work on commission, but to be honest I don't care. They must get bulk discounts for sales...especially from Argos! Anyway my experience has been topclass and will be using again!
    • 1jim
    • By 1jim 27th Oct 13, 2:05 PM
    • 2,583 Posts
    • 1,178 Thanks
    Just saved another £2.50 on a pre release box set of DVDs which equalled 6%,
    Also had an offer of £10 off a pre-release Sonos Play 1 (multiroom speaker streamer thing) when all retailers are selling for the same price of £169

Am really very happy with the service so far and can't really see any downsides to this from my point of view
  • kegrad
    Try this
    Originally posted by cxxr
    Thanks cxxr, that link worked for me, even with an email address I'd just used to sign up to the invite list.
    • alex21
    • By alex21 8th Jan 14, 7:41 PM
    • 529 Posts
    • 932 Thanks
    I have been really happy with my savings through Flubit. But beware if you have a problem with an item. Amazon cannot help you as you do not have an Amazon order number. Flubit pass you to Fireworks Trading who refer you to the manufacturer (with whom you did not make the contract) Need I go on?
    I personally would just pay the Amazon price and know that if there is a problem, customer service (imo and experience) takes priority over Fireworks "hanging onto your cash no matter what policy"
  • me cynical?
    I run an online retailer that Flubit use, they pay standard prices so they are paying what you would pay. They don't have a deal with us, we don't pay them commission, they are making a loss on every transaction with us where I am aware of what their customer has paid. Emperor's new clothes anyone?
  • PandaUK86
    I ordered an official xbox controller (wired one for my pc) on the 13/03. The money has left my account under the name 'Flubit' but i'm still yet to receive anything. I logged a support ticket yesterday but haven't had any reply. My order status on their website says 'preparing for dispatch' still but i was given a delivery time frame of 18/03-20/03

A little disappointing to say the least. Not sure if i'll use them again
  • GrahamT0104
    Flubit approached us
    As a small (very small, just me in fact) retailer on Amazon we were recently approached by flubit to sell through their site. Essentially what happens is that we sign up to sell through flubit but they don't charge the normal monthly fee or commission that Amazon do, this amounts to roughly 21% of the price paid by the customer when ordered through Amazon. What we then do is to provide them with a discounted price for the items we sell which, it was suggested, should be about 20% less than we sell them for on Amazon meaning we make the same as we already do. From that 20% difference flubit then create their offer by adding roughly 6% to the price we have given them which allows a discount to the customer of roughly 14%. Essentially this seems like a great approach but a couple of things worry me about it. From my conversation with them they are trying to build a big customer base by making sure they provide an offer even if none of their merchants provide that particular item. That means they have to fund the discount which could mean big losses for them down the line. Secondly they are relying on other sellers to provide the service they need in terms of deliveries but without the pressure of feedback and the metrics we work under for Amazon orders so I can well imagine that some sellers service standards could well slip for flubit orders. For our business I'm not sure the thing is worthwhile. Most of the things we sell we make ourselves and don't supply elsewhere, most are under £3 to £4 so I'm not sure anyone would be that fussed about going through the rigmarole of asking for and waiting for a price at that sort of price point. I will be keeping an eye on it but not joining up as yet.
    • MrUnderhill99
    • By MrUnderhill99 4th Jun 14, 1:59 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Waste of time.
    Here's my experience with Flubit
    I placed a demand on 1st May, an offer of £21.69 was created on the same day saving me 12% saving me £2.89. I accepted this offer. Flubit took the £21.69 immediatly.

1 week later I received the item (poorly packaged) and it was faulty.
    After toing and froing between Fireworks Merchant (and Kikatek) I was asked to return it via royal mail 2nd class large letter.
    I did and it cost me £1.83 in postage (plus a jiffy envelope).

A week later I received a replacement, I took a couple of days to get round to testing it, but when I did this still didn't work. More toing and froing between Fireworks Merchant (and Kikatek) after which I was asked to send it back.
    I took it to the post office who weighed and measured it and it cost £3.90 to send 2nd class signed for.

It took 3 working days to process the refund. The refund was for £21.69 but will not reach my account for a few days.
    So after a month I'm now out of pocket £5.73 plus packaging costs.

What a waste of time.
    • glentoran99
    • By glentoran99 8th Jul 15, 5:36 PM
    • 3,490 Posts
    • 2,401 Thanks
    anyone any more experience with this crowd?
    • afly
    • By afly 16th Oct 15, 11:13 AM
    • 94 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    anyone any more experience with this crowd?
    Originally posted by glentoran99
    Don't know if this always existed but lifts the veil somewhat on the supplier side of things

If they really are making a loss on items their registered suppliers can't provide then they're absolutely bonkers but they've been going 3 years now... :/
    • afly
    • By afly 16th Oct 15, 12:30 PM
    • 94 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    Right then, I just tried to flubit a product and got an email just a few minutes later to say they can't find it cheaper anywhere else e_1&smid=A18KYVK0HGQ4A9

What i find striking about this particular item is that it has no additional marketplace sellers. So the process seems to be...

-> Receive demand for item on amazon
    -> Contact each marketplace seller trying to cut a deal for the selling price minus amazon fee (20%) + a little something for the seller
    -> Add a little % on for themselves
    -> Respond to demand with the discounted price

Clearly they have other methods too such as directly registered suppliers but this helps explain it a little.

This is backed up by the fact I can get the item in question cheaper with just a simple search o

Hilariously it appears to be the amazon seller (fulfilled by amazon so no use contacting directly) who is also the ebay seller!
    • wdah
    • By wdah 16th Oct 15, 1:13 PM
    • 833 Posts
    • 1,092 Thanks
    I always assumed it worked via affiliate deals - i.e., Flubit getting a % for referring your sale, and passing some of their commission back.
    • shezzone
    • By shezzone 8th Nov 15, 10:13 AM
    • 34 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    I used Flubit before to get a discount with no problems. On this occasion I used them to get an offer on a smart watch from John Lewis. I was given the initial discount and waited for a better offer then went ahead with the purchase. Within about 2 minutes of purchase I recieved an email saying it had been cancelled because the item was 'out of stock' and that my money would be refunded within 2-3 days. Still not showing on my account, my refund is now hanging in the ether and I have no access to the £124 taken. I finally bought direct from John Lewis (who had plenty in stock by the way). Still waiting for the refund.
    • colsten
    • By colsten 8th Nov 15, 9:50 PM
    • 8,035 Posts
    • 6,530 Thanks
    As a Flubit newbie, I was a bit sceptical but I have now ordered 5 different bits, all for less than £40, via Flubit. I saved on average 10%, and the items were delivered very promptly. A potential downside is that you might have to wait for a few hours, or even until the next working day, before you get an offer. That's not a problem if you are not in a hurry. I will definitely use them again.
    • jeffo489
    • By jeffo489 30th Dec 15, 3:28 PM
    • 60 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    Dont use flubit
    I saw a printer on amazon that I wanted. It was a brother MFC-8650 colour laser printer. It was available on Amazon, however having heard about Flubit I put the url in and was offered a cheaper price saving me £3.00. Assuming I had nothing to lose, I accepted the offer and paid for the printer. 2 days later, no printer is delivered, however I receive a refund saying the printer is out of stock. Now the original url on amazon has increased the price by £30.

NEVER use Flubit!
    • soosiemm
    • By soosiemm 13th May 16, 11:40 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    I've used Flubit several times in 2016 for things like gardening tools, saucepans, electric toothbrush and replacement heads etc.. They were all items found on Amazon. I received some worthwhile savings and nothing has gone wrong. I did try their customer service and it was faultless. The company is probably getting into its stride now and appears to have ironed out its teething issues. You can also rate their performance, the merchant's performance and the purchase itself so they are following a tried and tested model now which should keep them squeaky clean with good service. I will definitely use them again but maybe not for large electrical items. It's also hardly worth the extra faff to use them for low value items under say a tenner but if every penny counts then go for it.
    • aderussell
    • By aderussell 16th Oct 16, 12:11 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 27 Thanks
    Not Sure About Flubit
    I have just tried using Flubit. I wanted to buy a phone. they came back with a saving of £4.99 - not enormous, but a saving is a saving. I Started the process of buying but at no point did I know WHO I was buying from. Ok- the site is called Flubit, but when you read into some details it mentions a company called Fireworks. Anyway, still being wary I carried on- I get to the page asking for my credit card details. Nowhere on the site could I find an address or phone number of anyone. So I was being asked to hand over my card details to buy something without knowing who Flubit were or who would eventually be sending the phone. I am not saying that Flubit are not above board, but if they hit problems they could vanish and I would have no idea who had my money. If you are willing to go down that line, it's up to you, but I am not going to risk buying from a company who are just acting as middle man. (actually just found an address and number on their email - just to be accurate). Also, Amazon say the item I wanted was exclusive to Amazon so the Flubit offer could not have been exactly the same. Not knowing who it was actually coming from I could not compare items.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

343Posts Today

3,726Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • BBC weather just told us clocks going back means "everyone gets an extra hour's sleep". Hmmm not if you've young children or on nightshift.

• Pension cold callers and misselling ruins lives. This petition is trying to stop them sign if u agree.

• Thank you Microsoft (Tom)

• Follow Martin