Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Darklymoon
    Mobile contract dispute
    • 6th Apr 07, 9:54 AM
    Mobile contract dispute 6th Apr 07 at 9:54 AM
    Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice please?
    I signed up for an 18 month contract with vodafone in August 2005, i have paid it every month and i paid a lump sum payment to complete the contract before Christmas. I assumed in doing this that in February when it was finished the contract would be finished and the phone would become pay as you go. but they are still taking payments for my line rental out and when i rang them they said i needed to give 30 days written notice to cancel the contract. I don't see how i can cancel a contract which has already ended?
    They said the T&Cs state that you give 30 days written notice to cancel the contract, which i took to mean if i wished to cancel early i would have to write and pay the early cancellation costs.
    I have had a new and better contract with T-Mobile since September 2006 and haven't used my vodafone since then. I can't understand why i have to pay for another moths line rental to vodafone (since it takes them 30 days apparently to cancel an account) for a phone i haven't used in 6 months!
    Where do i stand? :confused:

D xx
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,097Posts Today

8,341Users online

Martin's Twitter