Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dormouse
    • By Dormouse 18th Sep 12, 7:34 PM
    • 5,573Posts
    • 13,301Thanks
    Dormouse
    0 WOW
    Try Me Free Hunt
    • 18th Sep 12, 7:34 PM
    0 WOW
    Try Me Free Hunt 18th Sep 12 at 7:34 PM
    Introduction by Martin

This thread is all about products which let you try me for free. A huge amount of work goes into it by a range of volunteers, led and collated by Dormouse. Thanks to all for all the hard work. Enough from me... onto Dormouse for the real info.

What is a try me free product?

The products listed on this thread have short lived a Try Me Free (TMF) or Money Back Guarantee promotion, meaning you pay for the product but later receive the money back (usually as a cheque, Postal Orders or cash). Sometimes you get postage paid for as well.

It is essential that you buy the product and send off your claim before the closing date. TMF products usually have a bright flash on the packaging, something along the lines of "Try me free" (very imaginative ). Sometimes you'll see them on the shelf with TMF-less products and you have to make sure you pick up the flashed product in order to enter.

Read the Terms and Conditions PROPERLY!!

Each TMF promotion has its own terms & conditions, which are always printed on the packaging (in annoyingly small print). Follow it to the letter - they are usually very strict!

You almost always have to send them the original receipt, and very often a brief statement of what you liked/disliked about the product.

TMFs are always (or maybe 99.999999% - anyone remember the cheese one a couple of years ago?) one per household, so you can only get money back for one product. If you've another address (parents, in-laws, friends, even work maybe) you can often legitimately buy more than one, just buy them separately and with separate receipts (and make sure no-one at the other address is a compulsive TMFer too ).

Sometimes, companies think of completely bizarre things to ask... you might have to cut bits off the packaging, send a certain-sized bit of paper, only in black ink, whatever, follow it closely!

How long does it take to get paid?

You are supposed to receive your refund within 28 days usually, but this varies a tremendous amount. Anything between 4 days and 2 months is normal.

Here is a list of all the current TMFs:
    Please report any new ones you find by clicking reply

Most offers require a special pack; for ones that don't, let's attempt to post the address here (just click reply)

All offers are one per household. Only 2nd class postage will be refunded, where mentioned. Remember to circle your purchase on the receipt.

I'll keep updating this post as new offers appear.

Happy hunting!

ON-GOING TMF/MBG PROMOTIONS (no closing date):

O'Keeffe's hand or feet creams - MBG - no closing date
    details HERE (click on 100% Money Back Guarantee)

The Breath Company products -
    100% Money-Back Guarantee - no closing date
    If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us for a prompt and courteous refund or replacement.

Details HERE

Stocked by Boots/Superdrug and Amazon etc.

If you purchased a "The Breath Company" product, simply return the unused portion to us by mail to the address below. Please make sure you include your full name, order date, and copy of the UK store receipt with your order to receive full credit. The purchase price of the products will be refunded or replacement products will be sent.

Hill's Ideal Balance
    Dog or Cat food - MBG - no closing date (?)
    You can also get a £5 money-off voucher by registering on their website HERE

Note: not a postal promotion - you have to take the actual product back to the store:

"We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, which is a guarantee of quality, consistency and taste. If a pet refuses to eat one of our products or it does not meet our usual high quality standards, the opened bag (or unused cans) and remaining food may be returned to the retailer for replacement (or refund)."

Miracle Gro Patch Magic
    - MBG - no closing date
    details here
    Dulux Once paint: money back guarantee.
    If the paint doesn't do what it says on the tin i.e. cover in one coat, then they give you your money back.
    You have to ring the number on the side of the paint and then the people ask you what colour you bought and what colour you were painting over, you then get a reference number which you have to write on the top of your receipt and send it to Dulux (they give you the address on the phone).

Colgate® ProClinical®electric toothbrush - 30 Day Challenge - no closing date?
    Try the Colgate® ProClinical® electric toothbrush for 30 days from date of purchase. If you are not satisfied with this product, return the product within 45 days of purchase for a refund of the purchase price (shipping and handling excluded). You must return the product in its original box with all contents: handle, refill brush heads, charger, travel case (if applicable), together with the original cash register receipt showing this product was purchased in the United Kingdom. Please allow 6-8 weeks for handling. Please contact Colgate Consumer Affairs Centre, 00-800-321-321-32.
    Pai Skincare - 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee - no closing date

details HERE

CURRENT TMF/MBG PROMOTIONS

Fol Epi cheese - TMF - closes 15/06/17
    Waitrose only

Claim within 28 days

Heinz [Seriously] Good Mayonnaise - MBG - closes 30/06/17

Claim online or via post

All details HERE

Aveeno After Shower Mist -
    "Love it or your money back!" - closes30/06/17 but buy before 31/12/16
    See www.aveeno.co.uk/moneyback for claim form and full T&C
    Lights by Tena - "Feel Fresh or It's Free" - closes 28/07/2017
    details HERE

Listerine® Total Care and Listerine® Total Care Zero;
    250ml, 500ml and 1L variants - "21 day challenge" - closes 31/07/17 but buy before 30/06/17
    Details here

Coupon here

One bottle cap required
    Canespro Fungal Nail Treatment Set - MBG - closes 31/07/2017 but buy between 20/07/2016 and 20/06/2017
    1. Purchase one promotional pack of Canespro Fungal Nail Treatment Set between 20/07/2016 and 20/06/2017 - Packs can be purchased in Tesco, Asda, Waitrose, Boots, Superdrug, Lloyds Pharmacy, Rowlands, Co-Op, Day Lewis, Sainsbury's ,Wilko, Morrisons, Ocado, Amazon and Independent Pharmacies while stock lasts.
    2. Within 7 days of purchase date shown on the till receipt, participants must visit www.canespromoneyback.co.uk to register their participation in the Money Back Guarantee offer and watch the instructional video. All details requested on the Register page must be completed and a photo of their till receipt and their fungal nail must be uploaded at the same time.

Birds Eye Hello Morning! products
    (frozen pancakes and waffles) - TMF - closes 31/08/17
    Promotional pack needed
    Kingsmill Super Toasty - "Best Ever Toast or Your Money Back" - closes 30/09/2017 but buy before 23/09/2017
    promotional pack needed

details HERE

Hedrin
    products - MBG - buy between 01/06/2016 and 31/12/19. Claim by 31/12/19
    Products included: Once Spray Gel (60ml or 100ml), Hedrin Once Liquid Gel (100ml or 250ml), Hedrin Treat & Go Mousse (100ml), Hedrin Treat & Go Spray (60ml) or Hedrin Treat & Go Lotion (250ml)

Details HERE
    Thanks to all the contributors

This is a continuation of the earlier incarnations of the thread here and here
    Last edited by Dormouse; 14-06-2017 at 11:10 AM.
Page 201
    • lemony_7
    • By lemony_7 28th Mar 17, 10:25 AM
    • 166 Posts
    • 318 Thanks
    lemony_7
    Looks like Olia is back: http://http://www.garnier.co.uk/hair-colour/beauty/garnier/olia/try-on-us
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 28th Mar 17, 11:12 AM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 2,177 Thanks
    m1kjm
    I don't think so, the ts and cs haven't been updated:

Purchase period for refunds is from 18th January 2017 to 7th February 2017.
    To obtain your refund take a photo of or scan in your original receipt showing the retailer and date of your purchase of Olia and upload to: www.try-olia.co.uk and complete the online form, including entering your 9 digit Unique Reference Code which is provided at point of purchase. Any requests for refunds that do not feature the Unique Reference Code will not be reimbursed.
    Submissions for refunds which do not include the items listed in point 4 above will be rejected.
    Submissions must be received on or before 7th April 2017 and forms received after this date will be rejected.
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 31st Mar 17, 4:01 PM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 2,177 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Iams
    Iams has paid out today They said the delay was due to a problem with their post.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 2nd Apr 17, 12:29 PM
    • 4,518 Posts
    • 14,753 Thanks
    redagila
    Just went on to claim my pizza refund but I bought it in Iceland and that is not one of the shop options. Has anyone else managed to claim when bought from a different shop?
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 2nd Apr 17, 3:43 PM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 2,177 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Just went on to claim my pizza refund but I bought it in Iceland and that is not one of the shop options. Has anyone else managed to claim when bought from a different shop?
    Originally posted by redagila
    I haven't tried a different shop but I can't get the claim form to submit today in 2 different browsers.
    • Freebie_Freak
    • By Freebie_Freak 2nd Apr 17, 11:53 PM
    • 546 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    Freebie_Freak
    Chicago Take-Away Pizza
    I haven't tried a different shop but I can't get the claim form to submit today in 2 different browsers.
    Originally posted by m1kjm
    I'm still getting nowhere with this. Emailed them on Friday, they replied to try a different browser, I said that I had already tried 3 with no luck. That was late on Friday, have heard nothing since. Get the feeling that they have washed their hands of it! Sorry others are having problems, but glad it isn't just me!
    • redagila
    • By redagila 5th Apr 17, 9:48 AM
    • 4,518 Posts
    • 14,753 Thanks
    redagila
    Fol Epi cheese refund in bank today.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 5th Apr 17, 9:51 AM
    • 4,518 Posts
    • 14,753 Thanks
    redagila

Had no reply to my first message so have now sent them a reminder - there is no mention in T&Cs of particular shops as far as I remember so don't see why it shouldn't be accepted that's if I can get the form to work!
    • Freebie_Freak
    • By Freebie_Freak 8th Apr 17, 8:35 PM
    • 546 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    Freebie_Freak
    Chicago Take-Away Pizza
    Have you got any further with this? Found a way around it?
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 8th Apr 17, 9:08 PM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 2,177 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Have you got any further with this? Found a way around it?
    Originally posted by Freebie_Freak
    I haven't tried again yet. Have you?
    • Pemberton01
    • By Pemberton01 9th Apr 17, 9:00 AM
    • 242 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    Pemberton01
    I had no trouble in submitting my Chicago Take-Away Pizza claim through Google Chrome on Friday so hopefully it's working for everyone now.
    • Freebie_Freak
    • By Freebie_Freak 10th Apr 17, 11:59 PM
    • 546 Posts
    • 740 Thanks
    Freebie_Freak
    Chicago Take-Away Pizza
    I had no trouble in submitting my Chicago Take-Away Pizza claim through Google Chrome on Friday so hopefully it's working for everyone now.
    Originally posted by Pemberton01
    I tried again this morning, still not working for me.
    • katiedog
    • By katiedog 12th Apr 17, 9:07 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 237 Thanks
    katiedog
    1001 CARPET FRESH

CLAIM YOUR MONEY BACK

need sticker from front of pack. Seen in Tescos.

See 1001carpetcare.co.uk

Hope you find this useful.
    • dugsie
    • By dugsie 20th Apr 17, 2:06 PM
    • 314 Posts
    • 6,169 Thanks
    dugsie
    B FRESH VEGETABLE JUICE

found in sains with the sandwiches etc.

http://bfresh.yousay.org/index.asp

closes 29/04/17
    • redagila
    • By redagila 20th Apr 17, 4:18 PM
    • 4,518 Posts
    • 14,753 Thanks
    redagila

Now had a reply saying just to select one of the listed stores.
    Have sent my claim off (use IE) now wait to see if the refund comes back without any problem.
    • steve6363
    • By steve6363 20th Apr 17, 4:49 PM
    • 123 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    steve6363
    Now had a reply saying just to select one of the listed stores.
    Have sent my claim off (use IE) now wait to see if the refund comes back without any problem.
    i printed mine off took it to asda and the coupon was rejected saying it had already been used.i emailed them still waiting for a response.
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 20th Apr 17, 5:11 PM
    • 1,138 Posts
    • 2,177 Thanks
    m1kjm
    i printed mine off took it to asda and the coupon was rejected saying it had already been used.i emailed them still waiting for a response.
    Originally posted by steve6363
    I think maybe redagila is talking about Chicago Town and steve6363 is talking about Oetkers?

With regards to the Oetkers did you tell the Asda staff to follow the specific instructions on the coupon?
    • redagila
    • By redagila 20th Apr 17, 5:59 PM
    • 4,518 Posts
    • 14,753 Thanks
    redagila
    I think maybe redagila is talking about Chicago Town and steve6363 is talking about Oetkers?

With regards to the Oetkers did you tell the Asda staff to follow the specific instructions on the coupon?

You are correct -I was talking about Chicago Town - sorry if it caused some confusion.
    • Busylizzie
    • By Busylizzie 24th Apr 17, 5:37 PM
    • 2,809 Posts
    • 40,586 Thanks
    Busylizzie
    Free Lee Kum Kee Oriental Sesame Dressing:

Terms and Conditions
    Refunds are only eligible for Lee Kum Kee Oriental Sesame Dressing purchased in the UK at participating Tesco and ends on 7 May 2017.
    Participators must be a UK resident , and 18 years old or above.
    Each Participator can only redeem once.
    Photocopies of receipts are not accepted.
    Participators must post the receipts along with their full name, postal addressand code ‘TryMeFreeStore’ to: Lee Kum Kee, 88 Beaufort Court, London E14 9XL.
    Successful participators will recieve a £3 Tesco gift card by end of May 2017 to cover product refund and postage.
    Upon disputes, Lee Kum Kee (Europe) Ltd. has the final decisions.
    • redagila
    • By redagila 2nd May 17, 5:09 PM
    • 4,518 Posts
    • 14,753 Thanks
    redagila
    Just received a cheque for the Chicago Town pizza offer but they have only paid me £1.80 - Pizza cost £2 and there should also have been 55p postage returned.
    Has anyone else had a similar issue?
    Unfortunately I didn't make a note of my claim no. or keep a copy of the till receipt!

I contacted them on Facebook & have now received a further cheque - well pleased.
    Last edited by redagila; 27-05-2017 at 2:08 PM.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

323Posts Today

3,029Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @LordsEconCom: On Tuesday Martin Lewis, Hannah Morrish & Shakira Martin gave evidence to the Cttee. Read the full transcript here: https?

• Ta ta for now. Half term's starting, so I'm exchanging my MoneySavingExpert hat for one that says Daddy in big letters. See you in a week.

• RT @thismorning: Can @MartinSLewis' deals save YOU cash? ???? https://t.co/igbHCwzeiN

• Follow Martin