Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dormouse
    • By Dormouse 18th Sep 12, 7:34 PM
    • 5,567Posts
    • 13,282Thanks
    Dormouse
    0 WOW
    Try Me Free Hunt
    • 18th Sep 12, 7:34 PM
    0 WOW
    Try Me Free Hunt 18th Sep 12 at 7:34 PM
    Introduction by Martin

This thread is all about products which let you try me for free. A huge amount of work goes into it by a range of volunteers, led and collated by Dormouse. Thanks to all for all the hard work. Enough from me... onto Dormouse for the real info.

What is a try me free product?

The products listed on this thread have short lived a Try Me Free (TMF) or Money Back Guarantee promotion, meaning you pay for the product but later receive the money back (usually as a cheque, Postal Orders or cash). Sometimes you get postage paid for as well.

It is essential that you buy the product and send off your claim before the closing date. TMF products usually have a bright flash on the packaging, something along the lines of "Try me free" (very imaginative ). Sometimes you'll see them on the shelf with TMF-less products and you have to make sure you pick up the flashed product in order to enter.

Read the Terms and Conditions PROPERLY!!

Each TMF promotion has its own terms & conditions, which are always printed on the packaging (in annoyingly small print). Follow it to the letter - they are usually very strict!

You almost always have to send them the original receipt, and very often a brief statement of what you liked/disliked about the product.

TMFs are always (or maybe 99.999999% - anyone remember the cheese one a couple of years ago?) one per household, so you can only get money back for one product. If you've another address (parents, in-laws, friends, even work maybe) you can often legitimately buy more than one, just buy them separately and with separate receipts (and make sure no-one at the other address is a compulsive TMFer too ).

Sometimes, companies think of completely bizarre things to ask... you might have to cut bits off the packaging, send a certain-sized bit of paper, only in black ink, whatever, follow it closely!

How long does it take to get paid?

You are supposed to receive your refund within 28 days usually, but this varies a tremendous amount. Anything between 4 days and 2 months is normal.

Here is a list of all the current TMFs:
    Please report any new ones you find by clicking reply

Most offers require a special pack; for ones that don't, let's attempt to post the address here (just click reply)

All offers are one per household. Only 2nd class postage will be refunded, where mentioned. Remember to circle your purchase on the receipt.

I'll keep updating this post as new offers appear.

Happy hunting!

ON-GOING TMF/MBG PROMOTIONS (no closing date):

O'Keeffe's hand or feet creams - MBG - no closing date
    details HERE (click on 100% Money Back Guarantee)
    Lovejoys dog food - MBG - no closing date
    Note: you have to phone them!

Details HERE

The Breath Company products -
    100% Money-Back Guarantee - no closing date
    If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us for a prompt and courteous refund or replacement.

Details HERE

Stocked by Boots/Superdrug and Amazon etc.

If you purchased a "The Breath Company" product, simply return the unused portion to us by mail to the address below. Please make sure you include your full name, order date, and copy of the UK store receipt with your order to receive full credit. The purchase price of the products will be refunded or replacement products will be sent.

Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant toothpaste
    - MBG - closing date unknown
    T&Cs unknown

application form: http://www.armandhammer.co.uk/download/truly-radiant-claim-form
    3D Lifting Cream - 100% Money Back 30 Day Guarantee - no closing date (?)
    Details HERE

Hill's Ideal Balance
    Dog or Cat food - MBG - no closing date (?)
    You can also get a £5 money-off voucher by registering on their website HERE

Note: not a postal promotion - you have to take the actual product back to the store:

"We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, which is a guarantee of quality, consistency and taste. If a pet refuses to eat one of our products or it does not meet our usual high quality standards, the opened bag (or unused cans) and remaining food may be returned to the retailer for replacement (or refund)."

Miracle Gro Patch Magic
    - MBG - no closing date
    details here

PEDIGREE® JOINT CARE™+ -
    MBG - no closing date?

Details and form HERE

Apply after 6 weeks but within 3 months of purchase!
    Ozkleen 500ml trigger pack (Bath, Kitchen or Carpet Power 500ml Trigger) - MBG - no closing date
    Details HERE
    Dulux Once paint: money back guarantee.
    If the paint doesn't do what it says on the tin i.e. cover in one coat, then they give you your money back.
    You have to ring the number on the side of the paint and then the people ask you what colour you bought and what colour you were painting over, you then get a reference number which you have to write on the top of your receipt and send it to Dulux (they give you the address on the phone).

Colgate® ProClinical®electric toothbrush - 30 Day Challenge - no closing date?
    Try the Colgate® ProClinical® electric toothbrush for 30 days from date of purchase. If you are not satisfied with this product, return the product within 45 days of purchase for a refund of the purchase price (shipping and handling excluded). You must return the product in its original box with all contents: handle, refill brush heads, charger, travel case (if applicable), together with the original cash register receipt showing this product was purchased in the United Kingdom. Please allow 6-8 weeks for handling. Please contact Colgate Consumer Affairs Centre, 00-800-321-321-32.
    Pai Skincare - 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee - no closing date

details HERE

Murad skincare products - 30-day Money back guarantee - no closing date
    details in their Returns Policy HERE
    SHANA GARLIC AND CORIANDER NAAN - MBG - no closing date
    found in Asda, frozen World Foods

looks like this

UltraDex
    toothpaste - MBG - no closing date
    If you are not 100% satisfied with the performance of UltraDEX, just send the product back in its original packaging, together with your till receipt and a letter of explanation within 28 days of purchase.

Details HERE

CURRENT TMF/MBG PROMOTIONS

Benecol Butterly / Light / Olive Spread
    (500g) - Love the Taste or your money back - closes 9/12/16 but buy before 30/11/16!
    Details at: http://www.benecol.co.uk/lovethetaste

Max. refund value £3.64/€6.79 + 2nd class postage.
    Listerine Advanced White 500ml - MBG - closes 31/12/16 but buy before 30/11/16

Till receipt and 1 neck-hanger required. Max refund £5.60 or €6.49 plus postage. This promotion applies only to LISTERINE® Advanced White 500ml, excludes 1L variant. Requires 500ml to complete challenge. Internet access required.

See listerine.co.uk/advancedwhitechallenge for full terms and conditions
    Scan Swedish Meatballs - TMF - closes 31/12/16
    Sainsburys only!!!

Need special pack & sticker

T&Cs HERE

Clipper Green Tea -
    MBG - closes 31/12/16
    promotional pack needed

details and form HERE

Blue Diamond Almond Milk -
    Taste Guarantee - closes 31/12/16
    details HERE and form HERE

Dr Beckmann Stain Devils Survival Kit
    - MBG -closes 31/12/16
    Details HERE

Buster Bathroom Plughole Unblocker - TMF - closes 31/01/17 but buy before 31/12/16!!
    Details and apply HERE
    Birds Eye Inspirations Chicken Escalopes - TMF - closes 29/02/17
    Send your opinion in 15 words or more with the receipt and front of pack flash to receive a refund by cheque within 28 days.
    Bacofoil - "Non-Stick Guaranteed or your money back" - closes 31/03/17
    promo pack needed

details HERE

Aveeno After Shower Mist - "Love it or your money back!" - closes30/06/17 but buy before 31/12/16
    See www.aveeno.co.uk/moneyback for claim form and full T&C
    Birds Eye Hello Morning! products (frozen pancakes and waffles) - TMF - closes 31/08/17
    Promotional pack needed
    Hedrin products - MBG - buy between 01/06/2016 and 31/12/19. Claim by 31/12/19
    Products included: Once Spray Gel (60ml or 100ml), Hedrin Once Liquid Gel (100ml or 250ml), Hedrin Treat & Go Mousse (100ml), Hedrin Treat & Go Spray (60ml) or Hedrin Treat & Go Lotion (250ml)

Details HERE
    Thanks to all the contributors

This is a continuation of the earlier incarnations of the thread here and here
    Last edited by Dormouse; 22-11-2016 at 9:13 PM.
Page 188
    • Africat
    • By Africat 18th Sep 16, 1:02 PM
    • 603 Posts
    • 865 Thanks
    Africat
    More cheques arrived today - don't give up hope!
    Originally posted by m1kjm

Still waiting for mine, been about 8 weeks now...
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 18th Sep 16, 2:01 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 2,019 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Still waiting for mine, been about 8 weeks now...
    Originally posted by Africat
    Oh dear, mine have all come back from July and August. I hate to say it but I think something's gone wrong.
    • 20400keith
    • By 20400keith 21st Sep 16, 2:24 PM
    • 205 Posts
    • 690 Thanks
    20400keith
    City Kitchen
    Re City Kitchen mbg - they ran this a year or so back and I can honestly say it's the only time a company has not reimbursed me following a try me free or money back guarantee, nor did they reply to any of my emails chasing up the refund.
    Originally posted by Pemberton01

Just to confirm this MBG is operating okay. I applied on line 10 days ago and the cheque arrived this morning.
    • Pemberton01
    • By Pemberton01 21st Sep 16, 2:35 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 503 Thanks
    Pemberton01
    Well I've not been deterred by not getting my money from City Kitchen last time and applied also around 10 days ago so fingers crossed it will be okay this time!
    • Freebie_Freak
    • By Freebie_Freak 21st Sep 16, 10:26 PM
    • 537 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    Freebie_Freak
    City Kitchen
    Re City Kitchen mbg - they ran this a year or so back and I can honestly say it's the only time a company has not reimbursed me following a try me free or money back guarantee, nor did they reply to any of my emails chasing up the refund.
    Originally posted by Pemberton01
    Have to say, also my worst experience. Applied last year with 6 different names and addresses. Not one came. I contacted them re 4 of them, emails after long delays, went back and forth and they eventually paid 2 of them, nothing more happened re the other 2. Once bitten, twice shy.
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 21st Sep 16, 10:42 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 2,019 Thanks
    m1kjm
    City Kitchen
    Just to confirm this MBG is operating okay. I applied on line 10 days ago and the cheque arrived this morning.
    Originally posted by 20400keith
    Me too. So good so far. I applied online on Sunday and the first cheque arrived today.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 9:37 AM
    • 14,307 Posts
    • 171,855 Thanks
    mhoc
    Yesterday I spotted leaflets in Superdrug

http://www.garnier.co.uk/hair-colour/beauty/garnier/olia/try-on-us

You need to have a leaflet with the unique number and buy your Olia in Superdrug by December 21st - I think it must be instore and not an online purchase???

http://www.garnier.co.uk/terms

This offer was on previously so I am not sure if you can apply again if you got your refund last time ????
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • lemony_7
    • By lemony_7 22nd Sep 16, 11:42 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    lemony_7
    Yesterday I spotted leaflets in Superdrug

http://www.garnier.co.uk/hair-colour/beauty/garnier/olia/try-on-us

You need to have a leaflet with the unique number and buy your Olia in Superdrug by December 21st - I think it must be instore and not an online purchase???

http://www.garnier.co.uk/terms

This offer was on previously so I am not sure if you can apply again if you got your refund last time ????
    Originally posted by mhoc
    It's a new one; the expiry date for the last one was Feb '16.

I had such trouble getting the codes for this though!!
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 25th Sep 16, 1:49 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 2,019 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Superdrug Olia
    Last time, one of my Superdrug stores had the leaflets and the other didn't, and it's the same again this time.

Please let me know if you can't find the leaflets because I took 'a few'.
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 29th Sep 16, 12:43 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 2,019 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Listerine, Benecol and Hedrin have all started arriving back today.
    • antdebju
    • By antdebju 29th Sep 16, 8:20 PM
    • 19 Posts
    • 81 Thanks
    antdebju
    try me free with blue nun
    saw this promo collar on blue nun last night in Tesco but can't get onto the web site to confirm?
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 30th Sep 16, 8:34 AM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 2,019 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Buster refunds are landing in bank accounts today.
    • rabjoshu
    • By rabjoshu 30th Sep 16, 8:40 AM
    • 59 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    rabjoshu
    saw this promo collar on blue nun last night in Tesco but can't get onto the web site to confirm?
    Originally posted by antdebju
    Buy before 18 October 2016
    http://www.trymefree.promo/bluenun/
    Love that url
    • fatboy77
    • By fatboy77 2nd Oct 16, 2:55 AM
    • 228 Posts
    • 1,873 Thanks
    fatboy77
    Bacofoil Non-Stick Guaranteed or your money back

https://www.bacofoilmbg.co.uk/
    promo pack required

Terms & Conditions

These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry/claim instructions are deemed to form part of the terms and conditions and by participating all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
    1. The Bacofoil Non-Stick Kitchen Foil Money Back Guarantee opens from 30th August 2016. The last date for receipt of applications is 31st March 2017. Any applications received after this date will not be valid.
    2. Internet access and printer required.
    3. Refund available to United Kingdom, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Republic of Ireland residents aged 18 or over. Offer is not open to employees of Bacofoil or Wrap Film Systems Ltd and their families, its agents or anyone else professionally connected with this promotion.
    4. Refunds will be given based on the price shown on the itemised till receipt. Where packs are sold as part of a multi-pack or price promotion offer, refunds will be given for the cost of a single pack purchase. This offer does not affect your statutory rights.
    5. Claimants will receive a full refund to the maximum purchase price of €4.00/£4.00. Products included in this offer are promotional packs of: Bacofoil Non-Stick 30cm x 10m, Bacofoil Non-Stick 30cm x 5m, Bacofoil Non-Stick 45cm x 5m, and Bacofoil Non-Stick 30cm x 20m.
      For ROI customers, the offer relates to promotional packs of Bacofoil Non-Stick 30cm x 10m only.
      The Promoter will refund postage up to 53p [€0.72 for ROI customers].
    6. The Bacofoil Non-Stick Kitchen Foil Money Back Guarantee is limited to one application per household over the promotional period. No bulk or third party applications will be accepted.
    7. To claim your money back:
      1. Purchase a promotional Bacofoil Non-Stick Kitchen Foil and retain the till receipt.
      2. Complete the application form found online at www.bacofoil.co.uk/MBG and tell us in 15 words or more why you don’t think Bacofoil Non-Stick Kitchen Foil delivers on its claim of offering non-stick results when used correctly.
      3. Print out the completed application form from the website.
      4. Send your completed application form along with the original itemised till receipt and cut-out promotional area of the packaging to the following address:
        Bacofoil Guarantee
        PO Box 1080
        Hemel Hempstead
        HP1 1GW
    8. Applicants that do not have a printer need to:
      1. Complete step 7a above.
      2. On a plain piece of paper, write clearly in block capitals your name, address, postcode, telephone number, reference number from screen and tell us in 15 words or more why you don’t think Bacofoil Non-Stick Kitchen Foil delivers on its claim of offering non-stick results when used correctly.
      3. Send this information along with the original itemised till receipt and cut-out promotional area of the packaging to the following address:
        Bacofoil Guarantee
        PO Box 1080
        Hemel Hempstead
        HP1 1GW
    9. If you have purchased your Bacofoil Non-Stick Kitchen Foil from an online retailer, please follow the steps in point 7 above and include your delivery receipt when sending in your application form and cut-out promotional area of the packaging.
    10. Failure to complete all the relevant steps detailed above will result in your application being invalid.
    11. Receipts cannot be returned and photocopies will not be accepted. No responsibility can be accepted for applications lost, delayed or damaged in the post. Proof of posting is not proof of receipt. Illegible applications will not be processed.
    12. Full refunds will be made as a cheque to the name of the person given on the application form. Please allow 28 days for delivery of your cheque.
    13. Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party (other than to service this promotion) without the individual’s prior consent.
    14. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all applications including but not limited to asking for address and identity details (which they must provide within 14 days) and to disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion. The Promoter will be the final arbiter in any decisions and these will be binding and no correspondence will be entered into in relation this clause.
    15. In the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the promoter, or otherwise where fraud, abuse, and/or an error (human or computer) affects or could affect the proper operation of this promotion, and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these terms and conditions, at any stage, but will always endeavour to minimize the effect to participants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
    PROMOTER: Bacofoil, Wrap Film Systems Ltd, Hortonwood 45, Telford, Shropshire, TF1 7FA, United Kingdom
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 3rd Oct 16, 4:17 PM
    • 1,032 Posts
    • 2,019 Thanks
    m1kjm
    My City Kitchen refunds aren't coming back in order which I find disconcerting. I think I'm going to have to chase up a couple of them.
    • lemony_7
    • By lemony_7 6th Oct 16, 7:21 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    lemony_7
    Oh man I forgot how rubbish Olia is! Can still see my greys and the gloves broke in several places.
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 7th Oct 16, 12:38 AM
    • 12,018 Posts
    • 11,407 Thanks
    jenniewb
    Oh man I forgot how rubbish Olia is! Can still see my greys and the gloves broke in several places.
    Originally posted by lemony_7

Just don't try removing the colour (eg using a B4U colour or even professionally) they had to admit defeat with my hair when I dyed mine very dark brown (think it was a 4 or something) after just wanting it a shade or two paler- the only boxed dye I'd used was Olia- the stylist later told me a lot of the natural dyes are actually more harmful to scalps than the well known (and well tried and tested) non "natural" dyes. Just because things say they are natural does not always mean they are not as harmful and in some cases more harsh than man made types!
    • lemony_7
    • By lemony_7 7th Oct 16, 6:42 AM
    • 163 Posts
    • 309 Thanks
    lemony_7
    Thanks Jennie. I'm naturally about a 4 anyway so it was just grey coverage. It just means I'll have to dye it in a few weeks instead!

That's really rubbish about your hair though. I hope it didn't kill the condition of it.
    • jenniewb
    • By jenniewb 8th Oct 16, 4:52 AM
    • 12,018 Posts
    • 11,407 Thanks
    jenniewb
    Thanks Jennie. I'm naturally about a 4 anyway so it was just grey coverage. It just means I'll have to dye it in a few weeks instead!

That's really rubbish about your hair though. I hope it didn't kill the condition of it.
    Originally posted by lemony_7

It wasn't the Olia which messed up the condition- it was trying to get the Olia out again which did! I was so shocked as I've dyed and lightened my hair for many years (around 20) and not had any sort of a dye which took so much to get out (and then didn't even come out properly anyway). I had to go very short to get rid of what looked like a reverse of ombre hair!
    • some time soon
    • By some time soon 9th Oct 16, 10:41 PM
    • 439 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    some time soon
    Imedeen try me free Closes 15th October
    Hi this is back on again. My mother did this successfully last year.

http://www.imedeen.co.uk/moneybackguarantee

90 Day Challenge

Better looking skin in 90 days or your money back – you’ve nothing to lose but some of the tell-tale signs of ageing!

All you need to do is purchase a 3 month supply of IMEDEEN Derma One, Time Perfection or Prime Renewal skincare tablets from an approved retailer between 1st September and 15th October 2016. Take the tablets daily for 90 days and if you are not satisfied apply for a refund*

What to expect?

All over smoother, softer and more radiant looking skin in as little as 90 Days when you add IMEDEEN skincare tablets to your daily beauty routine.

Why not book a skin scan with one of our consultants to help track your progress?

*Click here for full terms and conditions
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

993Posts Today

5,027Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • PPI deadline decision's just been delayed until first quarter of 2017, it was due this year. For free help now go to https://t.co/EqDQvgRZ2K

• RT @juliegroves49: @GMB @MartinSLewis thanks got my soap & glory glam sets which was half price at boots today thanks or all the tips xmas?

• RT @ckrd: @MartinSLewis Just bagged my Soap and Glory Set £30.00 instead of £60, thanks for the reminder in your email. Another one off the?

• Follow Martin