Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Dormouse
    • By Dormouse 18th Sep 12, 7:34 PM
    • 5,566Posts
    • 13,270Thanks
    Dormouse
    0 WOW
    Try Me Free Hunt
    • 18th Sep 12, 7:34 PM
    0 WOW
    Try Me Free Hunt 18th Sep 12 at 7:34 PM
    Introduction by Martin

This thread is all about products which let you try me for free. A huge amount of work goes into it by a range of volunteers, led and collated by Dormouse. Thanks to all for all the hard work. Enough from me... onto Dormouse for the real info.

What is a try me free product?

The products listed on this thread have short lived a Try Me Free (TMF) or Money Back Guarantee promotion, meaning you pay for the product but later receive the money back (usually as a cheque, Postal Orders or cash). Sometimes you get postage paid for as well.

It is essential that you buy the product and send off your claim before the closing date. TMF products usually have a bright flash on the packaging, something along the lines of "Try me free" (very imaginative ). Sometimes you'll see them on the shelf with TMF-less products and you have to make sure you pick up the flashed product in order to enter.

Read the Terms and Conditions PROPERLY!!

Each TMF promotion has its own terms & conditions, which are always printed on the packaging (in annoyingly small print). Follow it to the letter - they are usually very strict!

You almost always have to send them the original receipt, and very often a brief statement of what you liked/disliked about the product.

TMFs are always (or maybe 99.999999% - anyone remember the cheese one a couple of years ago?) one per household, so you can only get money back for one product. If you've another address (parents, in-laws, friends, even work maybe) you can often legitimately buy more than one, just buy them separately and with separate receipts (and make sure no-one at the other address is a compulsive TMFer too ).

Sometimes, companies think of completely bizarre things to ask... you might have to cut bits off the packaging, send a certain-sized bit of paper, only in black ink, whatever, follow it closely!

How long does it take to get paid?

You are supposed to receive your refund within 28 days usually, but this varies a tremendous amount. Anything between 4 days and 2 months is normal.

Here is a list of all the current TMFs:
    Please report any new ones you find by clicking reply

Most offers require a special pack; for ones that don't, let's attempt to post the address here (just click reply)

All offers are one per household. Only 2nd class postage will be refunded, where mentioned. Remember to circle your purchase on the receipt.

I'll keep updating this post as new offers appear.

Happy hunting!

ON-GOING TMF/MBG PROMOTIONS (no closing date):

O'Keeffe's hand or feet creams - MBG - no closing date
    details HERE (click on 100% Money Back Guarantee)
    Lovejoys dog food - MBG - no closing date
    Note: you have to phone them!

Details HERE

The Breath Company products -
    100% Money-Back Guarantee - no closing date
    If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return it to us for a prompt and courteous refund or replacement.

Details HERE

Stocked by Boots/Superdrug and Amazon etc.

If you purchased a "The Breath Company" product, simply return the unused portion to us by mail to the address below. Please make sure you include your full name, order date, and copy of the UK store receipt with your order to receive full credit. The purchase price of the products will be refunded or replacement products will be sent.

Arm & Hammer Truly Radiant toothpaste
    - MBG - closing date unknown
    T&Cs unknown

application form: http://www.armandhammer.co.uk/download/truly-radiant-claim-form
    3D Lifting Cream - 100% Money Back 30 Day Guarantee - no closing date (?)
    Details HERE

Hill's Ideal Balance
    Dog or Cat food - MBG - no closing date (?)
    You can also get a £5 money-off voucher by registering on their website HERE

Note: not a postal promotion - you have to take the actual product back to the store:

"We offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, which is a guarantee of quality, consistency and taste. If a pet refuses to eat one of our products or it does not meet our usual high quality standards, the opened bag (or unused cans) and remaining food may be returned to the retailer for replacement (or refund)."

Miracle Gro Patch Magic
    - MBG - no closing date
    details here

PEDIGREE® JOINT CARE™+ -
    MBG - no closing date?

Details and form HERE

Apply after 6 weeks but within 3 months of purchase!
    Ozkleen 500ml trigger pack (Bath, Kitchen or Carpet Power 500ml Trigger) - MBG - no closing date
    Details HERE
    Dulux Once paint: money back guarantee.
    If the paint doesn't do what it says on the tin i.e. cover in one coat, then they give you your money back.
    You have to ring the number on the side of the paint and then the people ask you what colour you bought and what colour you were painting over, you then get a reference number which you have to write on the top of your receipt and send it to Dulux (they give you the address on the phone).

Colgate® ProClinical®electric toothbrush - 30 Day Challenge - no closing date?
    Try the Colgate® ProClinical® electric toothbrush for 30 days from date of purchase. If you are not satisfied with this product, return the product within 45 days of purchase for a refund of the purchase price (shipping and handling excluded). You must return the product in its original box with all contents: handle, refill brush heads, charger, travel case (if applicable), together with the original cash register receipt showing this product was purchased in the United Kingdom. Please allow 6-8 weeks for handling. Please contact Colgate Consumer Affairs Centre, 00-800-321-321-32.
    Pai Skincare - 30-day Satisfaction Guarantee - no closing date

details HERE

Murad skincare products - 30-day Money back guarantee - no closing date
    details in their Returns Policy HERE
    SHANA GARLIC AND CORIANDER NAAN - MBG - no closing date
    found in Asda, frozen World Foods

looks like this

UltraDex
    toothpaste - MBG - no closing date
    If you are not 100% satisfied with the performance of UltraDEX, just send the product back in its original packaging, together with your till receipt and a letter of explanation within 28 days of purchase.

Details HERE

CURRENT TMF/MBG PROMOTIONS

Wilkinson Sword Hydro 3 or Hydro 5 razor - "your closest shave ever or your money back" - closes 29/10/16
    details HERE

promotional pack needed

need to send back razor handle!
    Listerine Advanced White 500ml - MBG - closes 31/12/16 but buy before 30/11/16

Till receipt and 1 neck-hanger required. Max refund £5.60 or €6.49 plus postage. This promotion applies only to LISTERINE® Advanced White 500ml, excludes 1L variant. Requires 500ml to complete challenge. Internet access required.

See listerine.co.uk/advancedwhitechallenge for full terms and conditions
    Scan Swedish Meatballs - TMF - closes 31/12/16
    Sainsburys only!!!

Need special pack & sticker

T&Cs HERE

Clipper Green Tea -
    MBG - closes 31/12/16
    promotional pack needed

details and form HERE

Blue Diamond Almond Milk -
    Taste Guarantee - closes 31/12/16
    details HERE and form HERE

Dr Beckmann Stain Devils Survival Kit
    - MBG -closes 31/12/16
    Details HERE

Buster Bathroom Plughole Unblocker - TMF - closes 31/01/17 but buy before 31/12/16!!
    Details and apply HERE
    Birds Eye Inspirations Chicken Escalopes - TMF - closes 29/02/17
    Send your opinion in 15 words or more with the receipt and front of pack flash to receive a refund by cheque within 28 days.

Birds Eye Hello Morning! products
    (frozen pancakes and waffles) - TMF - closes 31/08/17
    Promotional pack needed

Thanks to all the contributors

This is a continuation of the earlier incarnations of the thread here and here
    Last edited by Dormouse; 01-09-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Page 188
    • Africat
    • By Africat 18th Sep 16, 1:02 PM
    • 592 Posts
    • 853 Thanks
    Africat
    More cheques arrived today - don't give up hope!
    Originally posted by m1kjm

Still waiting for mine, been about 8 weeks now...
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 18th Sep 16, 2:01 PM
    • 999 Posts
    • 1,978 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Still waiting for mine, been about 8 weeks now...
    Originally posted by Africat
    Oh dear, mine have all come back from July and August. I hate to say it but I think something's gone wrong.
    • 20400keith
    • By 20400keith 21st Sep 16, 2:24 PM
    • 204 Posts
    • 688 Thanks
    20400keith
    City Kitchen
    Re City Kitchen mbg - they ran this a year or so back and I can honestly say it's the only time a company has not reimbursed me following a try me free or money back guarantee, nor did they reply to any of my emails chasing up the refund.
    Originally posted by Pemberton01

Just to confirm this MBG is operating okay. I applied on line 10 days ago and the cheque arrived this morning.
    • Pemberton01
    • By Pemberton01 21st Sep 16, 2:35 PM
    • 237 Posts
    • 500 Thanks
    Pemberton01
    Well I've not been deterred by not getting my money from City Kitchen last time and applied also around 10 days ago so fingers crossed it will be okay this time!
    • Freebie_Freak
    • By Freebie_Freak 21st Sep 16, 10:26 PM
    • 537 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    Freebie_Freak
    City Kitchen
    Re City Kitchen mbg - they ran this a year or so back and I can honestly say it's the only time a company has not reimbursed me following a try me free or money back guarantee, nor did they reply to any of my emails chasing up the refund.
    Originally posted by Pemberton01
    Have to say, also my worst experience. Applied last year with 6 different names and addresses. Not one came. I contacted them re 4 of them, emails after long delays, went back and forth and they eventually paid 2 of them, nothing more happened re the other 2. Once bitten, twice shy.
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 21st Sep 16, 10:42 PM
    • 999 Posts
    • 1,978 Thanks
    m1kjm
    City Kitchen
    Just to confirm this MBG is operating okay. I applied on line 10 days ago and the cheque arrived this morning.
    Originally posted by 20400keith
    Me too. So good so far. I applied online on Sunday and the first cheque arrived today.
    • mhoc
    • By mhoc 22nd Sep 16, 9:37 AM
    • 13,579 Posts
    • 164,773 Thanks
    mhoc
    Yesterday I spotted leaflets in Superdrug

http://www.garnier.co.uk/hair-colour/beauty/garnier/olia/try-on-us

You need to have a leaflet with the unique number and buy your Olia in Superdrug by December 21st - I think it must be instore and not an online purchase???

http://www.garnier.co.uk/terms

This offer was on previously so I am not sure if you can apply again if you got your refund last time ????
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
    • lemony_7
    • By lemony_7 22nd Sep 16, 11:42 AM
    • 160 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    lemony_7
    Yesterday I spotted leaflets in Superdrug

http://www.garnier.co.uk/hair-colour/beauty/garnier/olia/try-on-us

You need to have a leaflet with the unique number and buy your Olia in Superdrug by December 21st - I think it must be instore and not an online purchase???

http://www.garnier.co.uk/terms

This offer was on previously so I am not sure if you can apply again if you got your refund last time ????
    Originally posted by mhoc
    It's a new one; the expiry date for the last one was Feb '16.

I had such trouble getting the codes for this though!!
    • m1kjm
    • By m1kjm 25th Sep 16, 1:49 PM
    • 999 Posts
    • 1,978 Thanks
    m1kjm
    Superdrug Olia
    Last time, one of my Superdrug stores had the leaflets and the other didn't, and it's the same again this time.

Please let me know if you can't find the leaflets because I took 'a few'.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,544Posts Today

8,018Users online

Martin's Twitter