Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    bokkie7975
    Ikea head office address?
    • 5th Apr 05, 1:45 AM
    Ikea head office address? 5th Apr 05 at 1:45 AM
    Does anyone know Ikea's head office address, please?

I bought a loft bed from Ikea 04/03/05 and after getting it 90% assembled found that the last of the fasteners ( bolt like thingys) were not in the pack.
    Phoned the helpdesk - staff apologised for the inconvenience, offered to order replacement parts to be sent or I could go back to the store & pick some up.
    We go for option 2, as the old bed had to be removed to get the new bed into the room and they are about 5 minutes away.
    Get to the store, get a stroppy assistant who tells me that she will have to order them for me as they don't have any in stock, will take maximum 7 days...
    anyway, I explain that I now have a bed that is not fit for the purpose, she says "there is nothing else I can do, I have ordered the parts......."
    I go to customer service desk and ask for complaints department - "there isn't 1, but you can fill in the feedback form and someone will contact you" ha ha ha
    Fast ( well not actually ) forward to 2 weeks later - still no contact regarding complaint form, still no fasteners, therefore still no useable bed.
    25/03/05 - I go to the "howtocomplain" website & write a letter.....
    Phone the helpdesk again, and get more apologies, lovely chaps there, agreed that the service had been unsatisfactory , couldn't check system to see progress of ordered parts but offered to re-order and advised 7-10 days delivery. Sent me a 10 gift voucher. When I asked for address to send letter of complaint, was told that I could email from their website - would get to customer service helpdesk.
    Received email next day apologising and explaining that as the store had none of the parts, they had to be sent from Sweden, 7 - 10 days maximum waiting time.
    well, here we are, now almost 5 weeks from day of purchase , with no fasteners..... and no useable bed
    Should I complain to head office? If so, how? (Can't find a physical address)
    Should I be happy with the 10 gift voucher?
    Any tips?

Thanks in advance.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,050Posts Today

6,482Users online

Martin's Twitter