IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Ikea head office address?
Closed Thread
Views: 61,323
# 1
bokkie7975
Old 05-04-2005, 1:45 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Ikea head office address?

Does anyone know Ikea's head office address, please?

I bought a loft bed from Ikea 04/03/05 and after getting it 90% assembled found that the last of the fasteners ( bolt like thingys) were not in the pack.
Phoned the helpdesk - staff apologised for the inconvenience, offered to order replacement parts to be sent or I could go back to the store & pick some up.
We go for option 2, as the old bed had to be removed to get the new bed into the room and they are about 5 minutes away.
Get to the store, get a stroppy assistant who tells me that she will have to order them for me as they don't have any in stock, will take maximum 7 days...
anyway, I explain that I now have a bed that is not fit for the purpose, she says "there is nothing else I can do, I have ordered the parts......."
I go to customer service desk and ask for complaints department - "there isn't 1, but you can fill in the feedback form and someone will contact you" ha ha ha
Fast ( well not actually ) forward to 2 weeks later - still no contact regarding complaint form, still no fasteners, therefore still no useable bed.
25/03/05 - I go to the "howtocomplain" website & write a letter.....
Phone the helpdesk again, and get more apologies, lovely chaps there, agreed that the service had been unsatisfactory , couldn't check system to see progress of ordered parts but offered to re-order and advised 7-10 days delivery. Sent me a £10 gift voucher. When I asked for address to send letter of complaint, was told that I could email from their website - would get to customer service helpdesk.
Received email next day apologising and explaining that as the store had none of the parts, they had to be sent from Sweden, 7 - 10 days maximum waiting time.
well, here we are, now almost 5 weeks from day of purchase , with no fasteners..... and no useable bed
Should I complain to head office? If so, how? (Can't find a physical address)
Should I be happy with the £10 gift voucher?
Any tips?

Thanks in advance.
# 2
mrcow
Old 05-04-2005, 9:04 AM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

When they say they've "none in stock" do they mean any more beds? or just the spare fasteners?

If they have any more beds in stock, then insist that they open a box and remove the correct fittings that you require. They can then wait 7-10 days themselves for their own replacement.....

£10 for this runaround doesn't sound great, tell me it wasn't an Ikea voucher was it??!
The Following User Says Thank You to mrcow For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
tomh
Old 05-04-2005, 9:39 AM
MoneySaving Convert

UK details are:

-----------

Ikea Ltd.
Ikea Tower
255 North Circular Road
London NW10 0JQ
England
Phone: 020-8233-2300
Fax: 020-8451-2813

PrintKey Information
D&B D-U-N-S Number 296600554
Company Registration Number 1986283
Line Of Business Furniture Retailers
Location Type Headquarters

Key Numbers
Annual Sales £882,330,000
Annual Profit £132,775,000
Total Employees 6,000
Employees At This Location 140

Key Person
Director Peter H Nielsen

Primary UK SIC Code
52.440 Retail sale of furniture, lighting equipment and household articles not elsewhere classified

Primary US SIC Code
5712 Furniture stores

---------

If you want the Swedish details let me know and I can dig them out for you.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tomh For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 4
bokkie7975
Old 05-04-2005, 1:32 PM
MoneySaving Convert

mrcow - they have no beds at the Glasgow store, only the display model, but I have just checked the Edinburgh store and they have stock, will give it a try, thanks. Yes, it is an Ikea voucher.
tomh - thank you very much for the info, will be sending them a letter and see what happens.
# 5
mrcow
Old 05-04-2005, 5:39 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

Good luck

IMO, £10 of store credit is a bit miserley. Good luck with your letter.
# 6
Jimibeee2
Old 17-09-2008, 8:03 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Ikea is a joke when it comes to treating the customer with any level of respect. the most disgustingly low levels of consumer help, I am pretty sure they only hire people who have previously been fired for giving low levels of customer service.

A REAL WARNING, DO NOT GO TO THE COVENTRY IKEA UNLESS YOU WANT VERY VERY POOR SERVICE, EVEN FROM THE MANAGERS!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimibeee2 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
golden07
Old 27-10-2008, 7:46 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default IKEA Head Office

Hi There

If you could find for me IKEA Group Head Office contact details I will be really appericeated.I think they based in Holland but when you seach on their website its not coming up.

Thank you for your help

Regards

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomh View Post
UK details are:

-----------

Ikea Ltd.
Ikea Tower
255 North Circular Road
London NW10 0JQ
England
Phone: 020-8233-2300
Fax: 020-8451-2813

PrintKey Information
D&B D-U-N-S Number 296600554
Company Registration Number 1986283
Line Of Business Furniture Retailers
Location Type Headquarters

Key Numbers
Annual Sales £882,330,000
Annual Profit £132,775,000
Total Employees 6,000
Employees At This Location 140

Key Person
Director Peter H Nielsen

Primary UK SIC Code
52.440 Retail sale of furniture, lighting equipment and household articles not elsewhere classified

Primary US SIC Code
5712 Furniture stores

---------

If you want the Swedish details let me know and I can dig them out for you.
# 8
uktim29
Old 27-10-2008, 7:56 PM
PPR
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden07 View Post
Hi There

If you could find for me IKEA Group Head Office contact details I will be really appericeated.I think they based in Holland but when you seach on their website its not coming up.

Thank you for your help

Regards
Aren't they Swedish? You'll probably have to write in Swedish!
The Following User Says Thank You to uktim29 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 9
__TJ__
Old 19-02-2009, 6:31 PM
MoneySaving Convert

thank you, been searching the web for 15 mins for that address, should have come here first
# 10
ChrisCobra
Old 19-02-2009, 6:40 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

My mrs is swedish if u need help with a letter.
# 11
Takoda
Old 20-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCobra View Post
My mrs is swedish if u need help with a letter.

The OP has probably got it sorted now as the thread was originally posted in April 2005!!!

Kind offer though mate.
# 12
bonajona
Old 22-08-2009, 12:38 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Thumbs down Ikea a disgrace to the retail business & disregard to loyal customers or ser

I have inbedded this letter to share with you the total disregard IKEA has for their customers, their customer service and to demonstrate they are a disgrace to the retail business. this letter was sent to the IKEA UK - COUNTRY MANAGER for which no reply has been received to date
22 August 2009
Dear Mr Hanssom
I am a small business I opened this shop two years ago and have amongst other awards won the New Forest District Council Award for Outstanding Customer Service in 2008.

I am writing to complain to the highest authority the total dissatisfaction and anger I have experienced with your Southampton Shop. I am trying to open another shop, using all IKEA – “Traby” range products to install into a prestigious Department store group on the 15th of September.

Two years ago I held a business account, but when I tried to use it today I was informed it was closed as were all accounts, although I have never been informed of this.

I then wanted to pay by company business cheque for a forward order / delivery. This option was refused.

I wanted to place a £2000 order today for the new shop fit, but the shop would not take an order.

I tried to order from The Central distribution delivery service, but Traby can't be ordered. I can not pay for or arrange a future delivery as Ikea will not store for a future dispatch longer than three days.

I can not reserve the stock, Ikea can not guarantee the stock will be available, I can not get help to pick the stock, I have to go around the shop collect all the stock assuming it's available, load 5 trolleys pay for it and take it to the delivery area myself but can only do this if I have an immediate delivery.

The only option left is to go to the shop a week before my new business is due to open and fingers crossed hope that the shop has all the stock I need to pick, collate, pay and arrange delivery with a week to go before the shop opens and the £20,000 of stock arrives. Not forgetting I have to also build it all of course!.

Are you and your Company totally mad? How can any business small or large, be expected to operate under these terms and conduct business with you.

I am totally frustrated, appalled and disgusted with the negative, obstructive and unhelpful attitude of everyone I ever come into contact with in your business.

Ikea may be inexpensive but your Customer Service is a total disgrace to the retail business and if I hadn't created a brand that relied on your goods I would march with my feet.

At this stage I have 4 weeks before opening day and no shop fit assured.

I have nowhere to store the shop fit until the 7th of September with a shop opening on the 17th so the only way through is to come and get car load after car load myself and take it to several different addresses for storage. It is totally absurd Ikea and your customer service is a disgrace.

Having tried to negotiate with your Customer Service Department over the last week, the final outcome thus so far is, that I can go to the branch a week before I open the new shop, pick the stock myself etc, and their extra efforts will be to try and deliver it on time. But they are very keen to point out they can not guarantee they will have all the stock items I need.

I want to know from your office what you are going to do to resolve this matter in order that my new shop opens fully operational.

Yours truly,

# 13
moonwalkermoon
Old 28-08-2009, 10:05 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Ikea head office mailing address

If you want to complain (remember to keep your complaint unemotional and constructive or they might just not read it)

The Ikea Holding (head of Ikea concern) is this:

Ingka Holding BV
Bargelaan 20
NL-2333 CT Leiden

CEO: Hans-Göran Stennert

CEO as from 1 September, 2009: Anders Dahlvig
The Following User Says Thank You to moonwalkermoon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 14
payless
Old 28-08-2009, 10:24 AM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Bonajona- frustrating as it may be, Ikea have always had a particular policy for odering / collecting goods ..and have no obligation to meet individual requests .. if its a business venture I suggest you use a provider more suited to your needs.
Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
# 15
moonwalkermoon
Old 29-08-2009, 5:45 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonwalkermoon View Post
If you want to complain (remember to keep your complaint unemotional and constructive or they might just not read it)

The Ikea Holding (head of Ikea concern) is this:

Ingka Holding BV
Bargelaan 20
NL-2333 CT Leiden

CEO: Hans-Göran Stennert

CEO as from 1 September, 2009: Anders Dahlvig

Sorry, Anders Dahlvig is the current chief of the concern. The new one will be Mikael Ohlsson.
The Following User Says Thank You to moonwalkermoon For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 16
Magdalena D
Old 09-09-2009, 12:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Ikea for producers

Hi Everyone
I found your forum when I was looking for Ikea central in Europe and I'm not sure actually if this is the righ question for this forum but I'll try ;-)
I have question to you .Do you know any contact person and address to central of Ikea where I can send my offer.I'm producer of metal items and I would like to cooperate with Ikea .I can't find the right person and e mail address .I'm fre east europe .Thank you in advance for your help .Magdalena
# 17
ribenagirl
Old 25-09-2009, 2:47 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimibeee2 View Post
Ikea is a joke when it comes to treating the customer with any level of respect. the most disgustingly low levels of consumer help, I am pretty sure they only hire people who have previously been fired for giving low levels of customer service.

A REAL WARNING, DO NOT GO TO THE COVENTRY IKEA UNLESS YOU WANT VERY VERY POOR SERVICE, EVEN FROM THE MANAGERS!
I'm afraid I have to second this. Coventry customer service is very poor and the managers quite disrespectful even to polite calm customers. I have also tried to call them today and so far wasted 30 minutes in a queue on the phone, and 45 minutes in 'live chat' on the Ikea website. I've just written a letter to their head office FWIW.
I Boots
# 18
ggantija
Old 17-11-2009, 7:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I have just suffered appalling service from IKEA Online. Wasted one week of my life trying to get a chairbed first delivered, then, when only half the order was delivered on the designated day, collected for return. They will only use Parcelforce which is as bad as IKEA for customer service and they are basically saying that unless I am prepared to take another day off work and wait on the off chance that Parcelforce might eventually show up they cannot help anymore. I have spent about £15 on phone calls so far over the past 5 days.
# 19
rl290
Old 17-11-2009, 11:04 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

I've actually found the customer service amazingly good... it was all through central office, not a local store mind you. I have 2 tales:

1) Bought a table leg in store (well, 4 of them and a desk top) and the holes were drilled incorrectly. Went onto livechat online, and was told that I would have to go back to the store. Said I lived too far away, and they said they'd pop a replacement in the post - it was with me within a week.

2) Bought a dining table that had no instructions. Got a phoneback within half a day of speaking to central office. They had taken it off sale (the item has never gone back on sale... maybe I am the only person in the country with this piece of furniture!) and they told me I could have a go at assembling it, but could return it if it went badly. As it was, I was able to put it together, and I now believe I have a piece of UNIQUE Ikea furniture
The Following User Says Thank You to rl290 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 20
ChrisCobra
Old 18-11-2009, 1:00 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Dear god stop bumping a 4 and a half year old post!
Closed Thread