Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • FreddieM
    • By FreddieM 12th Sep 12, 6:01 PM
    • 941Posts
    • 1,229Thanks
    FreddieM
    Anyone had any success with Buyacar.co.uk
    • 12th Sep 12, 6:01 PM
    Anyone had any success with Buyacar.co.uk 12th Sep 12 at 6:01 PM
    Hi
    I ordered a new car from Buyacar back in June. The usual 8 - 10 weeks went out through the window and I am now expecting to take delivery on Monday 17th.
    My intention is to purchase my vehicle by CC which the company are more than aware of. (0% don't fret)
    My problem is that no matter how many times I have asked the company, Even talking to the operations guy [TEXT DELETED BY FORUM TEAM] they have yet to take the outstanding balance. I have emailed them, even threatened to cancel my order but still no positive response other than a callback last Friday saying it will be ok to pay by CC he will get back to me by last Saturday. Another no call.
    Has anyone any experience of this company good or bad???
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 27-11-2013 at 1:24 PM.
    If youcan lie down at night knowing in your heart that you just made someone’s day just a little bit better,you know you had a good day!!
Page 1
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 13th Sep 12, 12:26 PM
    • 26,034 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 13th Sep 12, 12:26 PM
    • 13th Sep 12, 12:26 PM
    Registered to a UK individual usually enough to put me off for a start. Austin Collins. Also Oliver Collins on the credit licence.

Accounts overdue not a good sign.

Recent changes to the web.

But on the other hand unlike a lot of posts like this they do appear to be a real company not just a webpage and an untraceable email and phone number.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • atrixblue.-MFR-.
    • By atrixblue.-MFR-. 13th Sep 12, 2:30 PM
    • 6,463 Posts
    • 4,488 Thanks
    atrixblue.-MFR-.
    • 13th Sep 12, 2:30 PM
    • 13th Sep 12, 2:30 PM
    some reviews on the interwebnet says that they are lacking in customer service when they have the deposit, often dont take the cash untill a day or two before the delivery date, or sometimes they cant deliver the vehicle at all at the price quoted. more complained about things are lack of ring backs and contacting the same person who is dealing with the transaction.
    I make spelling mistakes, its not intentional, its a condition I have please afford people who have these conditions some respect and not single out their posts for correcting mistakes.
    • FreddieM
    • By FreddieM 10th Oct 12, 4:04 PM
    • 941 Posts
    • 1,229 Thanks
    FreddieM
    • 10th Oct 12, 4:04 PM
    • 10th Oct 12, 4:04 PM
    some reviews on the interwebnet says that they are lacking in customer service when they have the deposit, often dont take the cash untill a day or two before the delivery date, or sometimes they cant deliver the vehicle at all at the price quoted. more complained about things are lack of ring backs and contacting the same person who is dealing with the transaction.
    Originally posted by atrixblue.-MFR-.
    I can concur that their after sales would get a 1/10 from me. I had to wait from the 14th June to the 3rd October to get the car. They were aware I was paying by CC but eventually said they didn't have a CC facility. When they initially did have one, They would only accept £2k??? Now this is 2012. I had to stand my ground but then the car was delayed even further from the 17th Sept to the 3rd October because they didn't have the full CC facility. I eventually paid in full via my CC.
    I asked for some form of compensation or reduction in costs or a waiver of the 3% CC fee as a good will gesture, they were particularly hard nosed about it. I have constantly chased them and found the service to be poor. You may ask why didn't I pull out after all this hassle, believe me I tried, but they refused to give my deposit back, and £500 is a lot to lose. All I can advise is DO NOT PURCHASE A CAR FROM BUYACAR.CO.UK, the reviews speak for themselves and theres now another one.

Statement posted on behalf of Buyacar.co.uk

On behalf of buyacar.co.uk I would like to post a response to this comment. This thread was recently brought to our attention, and we would like to offer our reply.

We are obviously concerned that one of our customers felt so disappointed in our service that they should want to post so scathing a comment. We do try to make the methods of payment that we accept clear at the point of order - all of our customers receive an email when ordering that states the following: -

"Upon receipt of the invoice we request that you contact us to arrange a suitable date for delivery, confirm the delivery address and your chosen method of payment.

Delivery dates can usually be booked a minimum of 5 working days in advance so this will give you time to organise the payment. Our company policy is to have cleared funds 48 hours prior to the delivery date of your new car or the delivery with have to be re-scheduled.

We suggest that the most efficient and secure method of payment is by bank transfer which will take 3 working days to clear into our account. Our bank details can be found at the bottom of your invoice when you receive it. Please be aware that we can only accept credit or debit card payments by telephone for balances of up to £2000.

If you decide to collect from our offices in West London we would be happy to accept the full final balance by debit or credit card (credit card payments will be subject to a 3% handling fee)."

The reason we cannot accept payments of over £2000 over the phone is down to fraud prevention - we are not covered against any loss incurred for larger transactions carried out without the customer present. This policy is not unusual, and we are aware of several instances in which fellow traders have lost significant sums through accepting payments in this fashion. Neither is it unusual to request a fee for a credit card payment, which only reflects the charges we will be subject to ourselves in processing a credit card payment. We have supplied over 20000 cars without complication whilst offering these terms of payment; it is unfortunate that in this instance this has caused an issue.
    Last edited by MSE Investigator; 27-11-2013 at 1:24 PM.
    If youcan lie down at night knowing in your heart that you just made someone’s day just a little bit better,you know you had a good day!!
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 10th Oct 12, 5:31 PM
    • 26,034 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 10th Oct 12, 5:31 PM
    • 10th Oct 12, 5:31 PM
    What does it show on the CC bill? Be surprised if its them.
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

• FreddieM
    • By FreddieM 10th Oct 12, 8:44 PM
    • 941 Posts
    • 1,229 Thanks
    FreddieM
    • 10th Oct 12, 8:44 PM
    • 10th Oct 12, 8:44 PM
    What does it show on the CC bill? Be surprised if its them.
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    Funny you should ask that...... It isn't currently showing on my CC??? Why do you say that?
    Last edited by FreddieM; 10-10-2012 at 8:48 PM.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 10th Oct 12, 10:30 PM
    • 26,034 Posts
    • 10,383 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    • 10th Oct 12, 10:30 PM
    • 10th Oct 12, 10:30 PM
    When i looked online it showed accounts ovedue. Wonder if they actually had CC facilities. Maybe paid a 3rd party?

• FreddieM
    • By FreddieM 10th Oct 12, 11:12 PM
    • 941 Posts
    • 1,229 Thanks
    FreddieM
    • 10th Oct 12, 11:12 PM
    • 10th Oct 12, 11:12 PM
    When i looked online it showed accounts ovedue. Wonder if they actually had CC facilities. Maybe paid a 3rd party?
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    Not sure, but have to admit its unusual that it's not showing on my account some 8 days after it was actioned?
  • scottyab
    • 8th Oct 13, 9:50 AM
    • 8th Oct 13, 9:50 AM
    You got the car in the end??
  • tamer
    My experience with buyacar
    Ordered Nissan Qashqai Tekna CVT, on 18th February 2014. The delivery time was given for April 2014, this changed to May 2014, then to July 2014 and finally September 2014. After 7 months, yesterday I received an email from buyacar, asking me to call them to arrange the delivery of my new car.

Will see and let you know about the process and if I really receive the keys of the car.
  • tamer66
    Ordered Nissan Qashqai Tekna CVT, on 18th February 2014. The delivery time was given for April 2014, this changed to May 2014, then to July 2014 and finally September 2014. After 7 months, yesterday I received an email from buyacar, asking me to call them to arrange the delivery of my new car.

Will see and let you know about the process and if I really receive the keys of the car.
    Originally posted by tamer
    Hi, I received my keys on friday, 3rd October without hassle. Thanks to all at Buyacar. I saved 5K by buying this beatiful car from them. 5K is in my pocket and my car is in the garage now. WowW!!!
    • wayneb7729
    • By wayneb7729 3rd Sep 15, 10:14 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    wayneb7729
    Avoid buyacar
    I saw a used car i wanted to buy on the buyacar website.
    I received an online valuation of my own vehicle which i wanted to part-ex.
    I phoned them and told the representative i wanted to buy the car and part-ex mine.
    I was informed the valuation would have to be agreed by an underwriter but there was not usually a problem.
    I heard nothing for the rest of the day so i phoned them and was advised that the car i wanted was now sold and the underwriter had not yet valued my car.
    POOR customer service
    • pd52
    • By pd52 4th Sep 15, 12:00 AM
    • 465 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    pd52
    Bought my latest car through them in July, no issues at all, fast and hassle free
    • wayneb7729
    • By wayneb7729 4th Sep 15, 9:04 PM
    • 21 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    wayneb7729
    A little more on buyacar
    Further to my recent review, I also placed a similar review on Trustpilot (sorry mods if I am not allowed to name another site).
    Buyacar have objected to the review
    This is what I put...
    Don't bother with buyacar
    I phoned them told them I wanted to buy a certain car and had already had my car valued by them. They then have the valuation rechecked by one of their underwriters, who was so slow in responding that the car i wanted was sold to someone else AND buyacar didn't have the decency to tell me
    They state they have no record of me!
    They are truly not to be trusted
    • ConsumerWarrior
    • By ConsumerWarrior 30th Jun 16, 11:41 AM
    • 56 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    ConsumerWarrior
    Recent Used car purchase with Buyacar
    Not exactly the smooth purchase I was after...

I was buying a relatively cheap,low mileage hatchback used car for £6600 plus delivery and having experienced past internet distance purchases of lower costs that had gone pretty well I had high confidence in my Buyacar event.

All did not go according to plan though, after very carefully selecting my car I used their on-line chat to ask if two sets of keys were with the car....no response, I noticed the car pictured had odd registration plates so I also asked about that....no response. Odd I thought but still liked the car so paid the standard deposit, a phone call call from Sam confirmed the order, he also suggested that the odd reg number was due to private plates but didn't know if the car was being sold like that.

I decided to carry out a Govt vehicle status check, (I should have done this first), this revealed that the car number plate was not the pictured Hyundai but a KIA, I emailed Sam who responded quickly to say the plates were in fact private and had been transferred by the owner to the KIA. Ok, no problem I thought, then Sam called again to inform me that the Hyundai had been sold and they would now offer another identical model/ year but with slightly lower mileage for the same price.

No Brainer I thought, go with it. deposit had been previously paid and a link to the new order was sent to me, however the link would not show any description or pictures of the new car so I contacted Sam again to ask for more info and assurance that all was the same apart from the mileage. Sam called me to confirm the two cars were identical spec & colour.

Later I received email with some pictures of the model but were conveniently cropped to not reveal the registration plates so really it could have been any stock photo.

Again, my trust in Buyacar exceeded itself and I paid the balance for the order by bank transfer as I wanted things to move on.

Delivery date was set for a week later, hours specified any between 7am & 7pm. Delivery day came and time moved on. Our carpet became worn with me pacing up and down for hours. As the time slot end was getting near I contacted Jessica of Sales, (who had sent me the original delivery confirmation), she told me that the delivery driver had been unavoidably delayed earlier in the day and will not be able to make my delivery as planned.

I felt quite upset about this and certainly annoyed as to why I had not been updated earlier but realised that these things happen and as per the conditions of the order there would not be much I could do about it anyway. I was offered an early next day delivery instead but I had to reject that due to my work commitments, instead we asked for a later delivery date, the next day was a Saturday and they wont deliver on those so I asked for a later day to be confirmed.
    As some compensation I secured a £50 refund against the delivery costs which I accepted.

Car was delivered 4 days later, on inspection there was some light damage to the bumper and an alloy wheel, I also found that the car had been registered disabled which was a surprise & Buyacar say they didn't know this either, however the supplying dealer apparently did the change of keeper on-line and would have had the old V5 which was clearly highlighted as being a disabled tax class. I had to visit a Post Office and fill in several forms to have this changed, very annoying. There was also a little matter of an HPI report enclosed with the MOT with an outstanding finance alert I contacted Jessica who has assured me that the small damage will be sorted out to their cost and not to worry about the HPI as their supplying dealer would have made certain it was clear.

A few days into my ownership I had to use the rear window demister and discovered that 80% of the heater elements did not work, on close examination I could see that large areas of the conductors were damaged, possibly by the disabled user carrying a wheelchair in the back? I contacted Buyacar to express my dissatisfaction and was offered a £100 "goodwill gesture" because the 90 day warranty does not include electrical items. I could argue that this was a delivery fault but was starting to give up with Buyacar.

So, as a conclusion. obviously I will never use Buyacar again nor will my husband who was also about to buy a much more costly motor through them. Although they say its the supplying dealer's fault with all the issues I have encountered my contract was with Buyacar not their dealers. I feel that Buyacar should have the responsibility of final delivery inspection not their supplying dealers.

A month after delivery and I was still waiting for the V5 and clearance of the HPI issue.

Buyer beware....
    • takman
    • By takman 30th Jun 16, 11:54 AM
    • 2,821 Posts
    • 2,358 Thanks
    takman

Buyer beware....
    Originally posted by ConsumerWarrior
    Its a shame you didn't remember this when buying the car!.

You paid in full by bank transfer for a car that you had never seen, didn't know the registration number and had no pictures that you could confirm were the actual car!. I think it's lucky that the only problem you had was a few scuffs on the car and a dodgy rear demister!
    • Sleazy
    • By Sleazy 30th Jan 17, 8:09 PM
    • 6,403 Posts
    • 6,205 Thanks
    Sleazy

Originally posted by tamer
    Hi, I received my keys on friday, 3rd October without hassle. Thanks to all at Buyacar. I saved 5K by buying this beatiful car from them. 5K is in my pocket and my car is in the garage now. WowW!!!
    Originally posted by tamer66
    Same user / different name?
    • joseph sanderson
    • By joseph sanderson 11th Sep 17, 12:34 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    joseph sanderson
    Flawless customer service until I started driving the vehicle

I purchased a B-Max from BuyaCar last week, the process was as follows:

1. Found the car I wanted on their website
    2. Paid the £199 deposit
    3. Had a nice chat with Jacob
    4. Organised my finance through them - took minutes
    5. Given a delivery date
    6. Received the car on the correct date and in the condition that was promised.

A painless experience and a very helpful sales / operations team - who ensured that my documents were returned within 24 hours and clearly have their fingers on the pulse.

The only issue faced was with the delivery driver, no phone call 1hr before pick-up and I had to go and find him as he got lost (I don't live in a big town).

Then I started driving the vehicle and the experience turned very sour,

Day 3: Tyre Pressure Warning Light: Stopped at a petrol station, found that all 4 tyres were woefully under inflated (10 PSI), not impressive.

Day 6: Engine Oil Warning Light: Checked the oil reservoir, almost empty, I had to add over 1 litre of oil to get it back to the min level

Day 7: Service warning Light: Vehicle needs a service

Day 7: No Windscreen wash: Had to fill it up

Phoned BuyaCar, was advised to email them with my issues, explained that I was not happy to wait with an engine oil light showing, they promised to get back to me.

Called and emailed them 4 times before finally speaking with someone on Saturday who advised that the selling dealer had carried out all the relevant checks and carried out the relevant service, I pointed out that the document from the dealer said " serviced to Ford standards" which my local Ford dealer said was worthless, I requested that BuyaCar pay for a new service, they refuse to do so.

I cannot believe that with so many service related issues occurring in such a short period of time that they think its acceptable to email me today and try and fob me off, all for the sake of a £250 service.

The fact that the telematics show the sequence of faults and that there was clearly a problem with the vehicle, it beggars belief that I am now having to fight to get a resolution.

I will update this review once the issue is resolved.
    • Car 54
    • By Car 54 11th Sep 17, 1:24 PM
    • 2,406 Posts
    • 1,563 Thanks
    Car 54
    The fact that the telematics show the sequence of faults and that there was clearly a problem with the vehicle, it beggars belief that I am now having to fight to get a resolution.
    Originally posted by joseph sanderson
    Perhaps I'm wrong, but in my view it beggars belief that anyone would buy a used car without seeing it first.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,092Posts Today

8,778Users online

Martin's Twitter