Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Paul Varjak
    • By Paul Varjak 7th Sep 12, 12:48 PM
    • 4,315Posts
    • 2,772Thanks
    Paul Varjak
    BEWARE - Corgi HomePlan
    • 7th Sep 12, 12:48 PM
    BEWARE - Corgi HomePlan 7th Sep 12 at 12:48 PM
    I have previously commented positively about Corgi's Homeplan on this forum. My view about CORGI changed less than 1 hour ago.

I received a call from CORGI stating that the cost of my HomePlan would be rising £2 from £16.99 to £18.99 this month. As Corgi gave a 2 year fixed priced I knew that could not be true - I took out my plan in March 2011.

The salesman then went on to offer me another (more expensive) plan that included drainage cover but said he could offer this plan at a reduced price of £19.98/month (instead of £22+)

The fact is that £19.98 is the price of the plan with drainage cover anyway; there is no reduction.

The salesman gave no price guarantee on the new plan he offered, saying it would be on a month-to-month basis. No doubt, the price could increase at any time and probably would!

I called Corgi and, failing to get a straight answer from anyone, I immediately cancelled my cover. I will simply not do business with a company using such sales tactics.
Page 3
    • Loanranger
    • By Loanranger 16th Mar 17, 5:09 PM
    • 1,963 Posts
    • 5,117 Thanks
    Loanranger
    The dirty water you mention is sludge in the system and CORGI will use this to avoid paying for work to be done.
    Just find a local qualified engineer who you can trust to tell you the truth and stick with him/her .
    • emanas
    • By emanas 8th Apr 17, 10:26 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    emanas
    Stay away from these cowboys
    From my personal experience they are one of the worst company I have dealt with. I have been paying them for years with their highest costing plan, three weeks ago we noticed our boiler was leaking, I called them and was told an engineer would contact me within 24 hours, no one contacted me for next 5 days, I then called back and was again promised I will receive a call in 24 hours, this time I did get a call. The engineer came and said one of the thing need changing, it would take 3 days for the parts to come, he came back and replaced the part, the leak stopped but the whole boiler stopped working, we had no hot water or heating, the engineer said the sister board is damaged( believe me that's what he said) and he can order a new one if Corgi approves, for days I kept chasing and Corgi said they are looking in to the case and they will contact me which never happened, after a week I called back and now they said the parts are not available and they can't do anything. Basically this was a blatant lie as the engineer had already ordered it. After all this nightmare I ended up replacing my boiler.

They took over £250 for years but when I needed them to fix they never did.

Never ever again I will go near this company or the rude staff they have. The best thing to do is look for a local reliable guy and use them to service your boiler.
    • KENNY G
    • By KENNY G 19th Aug 17, 4:15 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KENNY G
    Pathetic service response
    Reported a boiler fault to these cowboys and told to re pressurise it myself ! completed this task and call again to be told engineer will be in touch soon. 6 hours later engineers called to say it would be next day. All this despite them being mad aware 85 yr old living at my house.
    They couldn't care less and appear to randomly expect to maintain their service commitments by ringing ind engineers when they need them rather than employ enough. AVOID AVAOID AVOID
    • IAmWales
    • By IAmWales 19th Aug 17, 6:44 PM
    • 1,232 Posts
    • 2,596 Thanks
    IAmWales
    Reported a boiler fault to these cowboys and told to re pressurise it myself ! completed this task and call again to be told engineer will be in touch soon. 6 hours later engineers called to say it would be next day. All this despite them being mad aware 85 yr old living at my house.
    They couldn't care less and appear to randomly expect to maintain their service commitments by ringing ind engineers when they need them rather than employ enough. AVOID AVAOID AVOID
    Originally posted by KENNY G
    Even an 85 year old should be able to manage without a boiler for 24 hours in August.

There's nothing simpler than re pressurising a boiler. Far better to do it yourself to see if it solves the problem, then you wouldn't need to wait for a call out.

The service is useless and poor value, but this is a non complaint.
    • KENNY G
    • By KENNY G 20th Aug 17, 7:53 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    KENNY G
    Nonsense
    Of course I had re pressurised the boiler myself, why do you think I subsequently called them back? This didn't fix the fault !! Do you think no hot water for over 24 hours in August is any less inconvenient then other months then? This point is entirely irrelevant anyway as it demonstrates their complete inability to attend promptly
    • The-Truth
    • By The-Truth 20th Aug 17, 12:21 PM
    • 462 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    The-Truth
    Even an 85 year old should be able to manage without a boiler for 24 hours in August.

There's nothing simpler than re pressurising a boiler. Far better to do it yourself to see if it solves the problem, then you wouldn't need to wait for a call out.

The service is useless and poor value, but this is a non complaint.
    Originally posted by IAmWales
    I've found it more and more annoying over time when reading review/compliant sites that basically you've got to read the whole lot because half the time the negative reviews are just from completely incompetent people.

From what I've read so far the latter replies are from exactly this sort of person.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,452Posts Today

6,351Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin