Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    free4440273
    convector room heater - safe to run?
    • 31st Mar 07, 12:46 PM
    convector room heater - safe to run? 31st Mar 07 at 12:46 PM
    hi folks, wondering if you can give me some advice. i have just bought a house; house is warm but one of the upstairs bedroom does bot have a radiator. because of the layout of the house (it's a chalet type house with underfloor heating in all the rooms; bathrooms have normal radiators) i do not want to start ripping up floorboards just to install a single radiator in this only upstairs bedroom (not at the moment anyway). the room is very cold as you can imagine and it just needs some tender loving care. just to get me through would a convector heater be safe and (reasonably) economical to run in your opinion (such as link below). i am not just wanting to keep the room superficially warm (for the person living in there) but because, longer term, if it is left without warmth then this will cause more problems. i don't anticipate leaving the heater on all day by any means - just for short runs etc. sorry for the long post: would really appreciate your advice. also argos also sell oil-filled radiators: is there a major difference; i just want something convenient and which warms the room up. thanks as always folk

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0521383/Trail/C%24cip%3D50160.Kitchen%2Band%2Blaundry%3EC%24cip% 3D50170.Heaters%2Band%2Bcoolers%3EC%24cip%3D50177. Convector%2Bheaters.htm
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS

THE PUNISHER MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,906Posts Today

8,637Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Solar panels are they worth it? Full analysis http://t.co/opA6XcsCgC

• Morning. I'm on my way to @itvthismorning for my Mon slot (on at 11:45) exploring solar panels and if they're worth it.

• On train home from Birmingham. Had dinner by the canal there this evening. Lovely area, very sunny and picturesque.

• Follow Martin