Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Work & Benefits > Boost Your Income > The Swagbucks Challenge - Part 2 (Page 113)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
The Swagbucks Challenge - Part 2
Closed Thread
Views: 421,494
# 2241
paulshorse
Old 23-09-2012, 2:10 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bealer View Post
Which surveys on the different walls do you check regularly? Only the ones on TrialPay and PeanutLabs? Are there any other that regularly give you good effort/reward surveys?
Try the ones on Paymentwall - I've been able to do a few on there, and the Sampling International Survey on SponsorPay
Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
Neobux - joined 15th April 2013 - Earned 2013 $695 PayPal
2014 - Swagbucks £75 Neobux $102 Clixsense $67
2014 goal £180/600
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2242
gemz25
Old 23-09-2012, 2:11 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks paulshorse so if I wanted to give these vouchers out as christmas presents whats the best way of doing that just giving the code i have got or putting them in to my amazon account??
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gemz25 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2243
paulshorse
Old 23-09-2012, 2:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemz25 View Post
Thanks paulshorse so if I wanted to give these vouchers out as christmas presents whats the best way of doing that just giving the code i have got or putting them in to my amazon account??
I think you can give the code to someone else to put into their account. I cannot find anything on Amazon but I have googled and found the question on a couple of other sites and the answer appears to be 'yes'. I'm sure I have seen another post on the old thread where someone said it was OK. Can anyone else confirm this?

Personally, I would not keep the codes on your Swagbucks account. If you don't want to give the codes to someone else right now, I would put them into your own Amazon account, use them yourself and then buy gift certificates as Christmas gifts.
Swagbucks joined 5th July 2012 - Earned 2012: Amazon - £300 - 2013: Amazon - £610
2014 goal £180/600

Last edited by paulshorse; 23-09-2012 at 2:28 PM. Reason: Additional thought
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2244
silverfairy
Old 23-09-2012, 2:30 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Gemz
If you put the codes into your own Amazon account.you can spend them on goods but can't buy any gift certificates with them.You could make your own card/certificate and copy/paste the Amazon code showing in your Swagbucks gift cards onto it,then give these to other people.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to silverfairy For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2245
dolphin19
Old 23-09-2012, 3:05 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

48/40 nice and easy day! But one of the games (my fave on fyoozd) wants me to install flash player, I am nervous about installing something but it's a 1 minute game and quite fun too - what do you think?

Finally got credited for a search after trying all day yesterday, and this morning.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dolphin19 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2246
CathWales
Old 23-09-2012, 3:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemz25 View Post
Hi all just a quick question I just got my first amazon voucher and was wondering is there anytime limit on this I have checked the website and cant find anything??
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulshorse View Post
Gemz, when you add the code to your amazon account it tells you when it expires. If you go into Your Account on amazon, then Gift Certificate balance, at the top right it tells you when they expire (it's around 3 years)
Thanks Paul I was wondering this too as with TCB for example you have 1year to put the code from TCB into your Amazon account and then 2 years from there to spend it with Amazon and I'd been wondering if the date starts from when Swagbucks puts the voucher into my account or from when i chose to transfer it over to tCB....I'll find out when I do it I guess lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CathWales For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2247
Bealer
Old 23-09-2012, 3:24 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin19 View Post
48/40 nice and easy day! But one of the games (my fave on fyoozd) wants me to install flash player, I am nervous about installing something but it's a 1 minute game and quite fun too - what do you think?

Finally got credited for a search after trying all day yesterday, and this morning.
Adobe flash player? This is legitimate, and needed for doing other things on the web, like most surves, anyway. In fact, I thought you had to have flash player installed to play any of the games...

Last edited by Bealer; 23-09-2012 at 3:33 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bealer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2248
paulshorse
Old 23-09-2012, 3:29 PM

Quote:

Mine comes up with that too. I know my flash player is up to date, but updated it again anyway and I am still getting that message on fyzood, so I think it's the game that is broken
2014 goal £180/600
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2249
CathWales
Old 23-09-2012, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfairy View Post
Gemz
If you put the codes into your own Amazon account.you can spend them on goods but can't buy any gift certificates with them.You could make your own card/certificate and copy/paste the Amazon code showing in your Swagbucks gift cards onto it,then give these to other people.
That is a great idea re making gift cards silverfairy (am sure there is a blog or thread on this site and will be sure to check that out) May be a silly question, but have just thought of it If you were to give the code/value as a gift using made GC's, should the code be pasted from where it is in my SB account as I think that when it goes into my amazon account only the account holder can use it. I remember asking on the TCB thread about sending GC's from TCB money and the rep said that once the amount from TCB had been redeemed that it would belong to my account and could not be sent, TCB have a 'send to friend' link for the purpose of giving to others instead of having it put in your own account.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CathWales For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2250
gemz25
Old 23-09-2012, 3:32 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Thanks all for helping out on this so Have i got one year to put the code into my amazon account from swag bucks??
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gemz25 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2251
paulshorse
Old 23-09-2012, 3:32 PM

Daily survey still linking to the one with the countdown timer saying that they are not accepting any more answers right now, but then got an easy one on energy and vitamin drinks which credited OK
2014 goal £180/600
# 2252
paulshorse
Old 23-09-2012, 3:36 PM

Quote:
Mine comes up with that too. I know my flash player is up to date, but updated it again anyway and I am still getting that message on fyzood, so I think it's the game that is broken
Just tried again and the game is working OK now
2014 goal £180/600
The Following User Says Thank You to paulshorse For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2253
Bealer
Old 23-09-2012, 3:38 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Daily survey still linking to the one with the countdown timer saying that they are not accepting any more answers right now, but then got an easy one on energy and vitamin drinks which credited OK
Was that a DS? Did you just repeatedly click on the DS link until you got the easy one?
The Following User Says Thank You to Bealer For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2254
dolphin19
Old 23-09-2012, 3:43 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Aaagh was just about to log off for the day when the DS came up, took 40 minutes to answer about a million questions about tumble dryers!
Ohwell got 70 sb. |Definitely logging off now!
The Following User Says Thank You to dolphin19 For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2255
FizzS
Old 23-09-2012, 3:43 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Hey all, I'm back from a Swagging break, I notice they've put the some of the prices.
The Following User Says Thank You to FizzS For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 2256
dolphin19
Old 23-09-2012, 3:45 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Adobe flash player? This is legitimate, and needed for doing other things on the web, like most surves, anyway. In fact, I thought you had to have flash player installed to play any of the games...
Yes I have got it installed anyway, I think it wants me to update it. Oh Paul had the same problem, maybe the game is actually broken - will try again
# 2257
paulshorse
Old 23-09-2012, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Was that a DS? Did you just repeatedly click on the DS link until you got the easy one?
Yes it was the daily survey. Normally if you get DQd it takes you back to the 'take another survey' screen. With the one that says it is taking no more responses, it didn't take me back so just closed the tab and clicked on the daily survey link again for the next survey which was the drinks one. There is no way of knowing which ones are easy or lengthy - some say they take 10 minutes when in fact they can take a lot longer, others can be quite easy to click through whereas some may be very involved.
2014 goal £180/600
# 2258
dolphin19
Old 23-09-2012, 3:54 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Yes I have got it installed anyway, I think it wants me to update it. Oh Paul had the same problem, maybe the game is actually broken - will try again
No, it still wants me to download the latest version, but only fr that game not the others, odd!
# 2259
dolphin19
Old 23-09-2012, 3:55 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Yes it was the daily survey. Normally if you get DQd it takes you back to the 'take another survey' screen. With the one that says it is taking no more responses, it didn't take me back so just closed the tab and clicked on the daily survey link again for the next survey which was the drinks one. There is no way of knowing which ones are easy or lengthy - some say they take 10 minutes when in fact they can take a lot longer, others can be quite easy to click through whereas some may be very involved.
The tumble dryer one was very involved, grrr!
# 2260
teabythesea
Old 23-09-2012, 4:06 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

I'm doing one on finances...zzzzzzz
The Following User Says Thank You to teabythesea For This Useful Post: Show me >>
Closed Thread