Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    black-saturn
    People on the comps board introduce themselves
    • 27th Mar 07, 7:21 PM
    People on the comps board introduce themselves 27th Mar 07 at 7:21 PM
    I started to think that we don't know each other at all. We all comp together and congratulate each other on wins but we don't know anything about each other at all. They have a thread like this on the Old Style board so why not on this one?

So I'll start. I'm a female, almost 37 years old with 2 daughters aged 12 and 9. I'm getting married next year to a man I met on the internet and I have been seeing him for 2 and a half years now. He has a daughter who's 17 so soon I'll be a 'wicked' stepmother. I live on the Suffolk coast about 10 minutes walk from the beach. My hobbies are comping, music (The Cure) and travel. I'm an old goth and I'm on a Travel and Tourism correspondence course (nearly finished). I work from home.
Page 93
    • weeowens
    • By weeowens 15th Feb 17, 3:40 PM
    • 78,807 Posts
    • 9,679,413 Thanks
    weeowens
    Hi guys,

I work in social media, based in London, and sometimes have some cool competitions that I run for brands. So keep an eye on my profile if you want to be the first in there!

Nice to e-meet everyone.
    Originally posted by dokipen
    Or possibly not as MSE will class posting comps that you are connected with as self promotion, which is forbidden.

Welcome to MSE :-)
    • bugzie92
    • By bugzie92 15th Feb 17, 10:33 PM
    • 164 Posts
    • 2,485 Thanks
    bugzie92
    Hi all,

I'm technically a newbie... although I was quite active back in 2012 and won loads. Nice to see a lot of familiar names still, although mine is different. Life's changed a lot since then. Love comping and the 'uncertainty' it brings whenever I get an email. Been comping solidly since the start of the year and have had a couple of nice things will try and chip in where I can!
    May total - £1435
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 16th Feb 17, 6:25 AM
    • 12,410 Posts
    • 39,547 Thanks
    sarah1972
    Hi guys,

I work in social media, based in London, and sometimes have some cool competitions that I run for brands. So keep an eye on my profile if you want to be the first in there!

Nice to e-meet everyone.
    Originally posted by dokipen
    Unfortunately thats not allowed as would be classed as self promotion.
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=5
    I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • Shadows136
    • By Shadows136 25th Feb 17, 8:34 PM
    • 5 Posts
    • 177 Thanks
    Shadows136
    Hey everyone,

I'm Amber, 24 and from Bristol, living here with my two lovely cats. Currently in the (long and frustrating!) process of trying to move to Kent.

I'm new to comping, I've been doing it for about a month now and I'm hooked! I had my first win today too, which was amazing. Only a small win (the girl with all the gifts on blu ray and the book) but a lovely feeling to get something out of it.

Loving this site and all the tips and help, made it so much easier for me to get into comping.

Good luck all
    • fire**fly
    • By fire**fly 25th Feb 17, 8:46 PM
    • 138,659 Posts
    • 3,866,611 Thanks
    fire**fly
    Hey everyone,

I'm Amber, 24 and from Bristol, living here with my two lovely cats. Currently in the (long and frustrating!) process of trying to move to Kent.

I'm new to comping, I've been doing it for about a month now and I'm hooked! I had my first win today too, which was amazing. Only a small win (the girl with all the gifts on blu ray and the book) but a lovely feeling to get something out of it.

Loving this site and all the tips and help, made it so much easier for me to get into comping.

Good luck all
    Originally posted by Shadows136

welcome Shadows136
    well done on your first win &
    lots of good luck for many more x
    'What day is it?' asked Pooh 'It's today' squeaked Piglet, 'My favorite day' said Pooh
    A rustle in the wind reminds us a fairy is near,
    *fairysprinkles to all ¸¸..¸¸.*
    Duchess Tinkerbell fire**fly of the Alphabetty thread

• The Newt
    • By The Newt 19th Mar 17, 10:37 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    The Newt
    Hello!!!!!
    Read loads about winning competitions so thought i should give it a go!!!!

Where should I start?

Any tips???

Thought the username might have been taken as lots of comments from a newt but no newt?
    • weeowens
    • By weeowens 19th Mar 17, 10:41 PM
    • 78,807 Posts
    • 9,679,413 Thanks
    weeowens
    Read loads about winning competitions so thought i should give it a go!!!!

Where should I start?

Any tips???

Thought the username might have been taken as lots of comments from a newt but no newt?
    Originally posted by The Newt
    NEW COMPERS PLEASE READ - Competition Board - useful links

Comping Guide - Getting Started & Other FAQs

Plus enter & forget works for me .

Good luck
    • volcanopete
    • By volcanopete 14th Apr 17, 2:47 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 197 Thanks
    volcanopete
    I am an old comping addict who has returned to the fold.I manager to score a vacuum cleaner from the advents and I'm hoping for at least 1 Easter Egg at Easter.Our DAB radio has just uttered its last breath so a new one is top of my wishlist.
    • 32b3in2013
    • By 32b3in2013 17th Apr 17, 5:41 PM
    • 2,041 Posts
    • 17,705 Thanks
    32b3in2013
    Evening

I am new to comping, I have set up a twitter account and have entered a few today. If I come across any on there which have not been posted here, I will post them

32b3
    SPC9 #125 - £816.85 SPC10 -£405 banked so far
    Jan 17 NSD - 1/15

CCC 2017 #24 - £116/£300
    • JenRacoon
    • By JenRacoon 22nd May 17, 2:35 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 42 Thanks
    JenRacoon
    Hello!
    I'm Jen - long-time comper. I've just joined MSE for some cool comps to enter. Lived in Essex all my life! xxx
    • MojoMuncho
    • By MojoMuncho 7th Jul 17, 10:20 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 5 Thanks
    MojoMuncho
    Hi,

I'm Yas and I love comping!
    • razzadazza
    • By razzadazza 1st Aug 17, 8:40 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    razzadazza
    Hi!

I have literally just joined this forum as i was googling a bit about comping as i've always been a subtle fan but today i've decided to embrace my obsession

I'm 19, going onto my second year of uni. I comp because i'm thrifty and i also believe it'll allow me to do the things i want without struggling. I mainly comp for holidays but winning anything gives me this amazing feeling i cant explain but im sure you all can relate to.
    • rwgray
    • By rwgray 10th Aug 17, 11:34 AM
    • 376 Posts
    • 5,975 Thanks
    rwgray
    Born Again Comper
    I was very active a few years back. I used to compile and maintain a list of all ITV comps won by members, after getting a small prize from David Dickinson's show myself, but had to give it all up due to new family and work commitments. I'm back now mostly doing postal cash comps, but also we are on the lookout for an iphone for my needy son and a dishwasher to replace ours which is apparently now wanted by the Science Museum. Then a family holiday is also pretty high on the wants list. No luck yet but it's early days really and I don't have time to do many smaller comps.

Best of luck to all,

Rich.x
    • annacap
    • By annacap 13th Sep 17, 11:48 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    annacap
    Hello everyone! First time comper, Just got into this wonderful world. I live in Italy, is there any way to sort which comps are open internationally? I subscribed to a thread and tried to comb through them, but it was soo time consuming! THanks everyone for the help
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

113Posts Today

2,161Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @iiSteveJonesii: @MartinSLewis After watching you talk this morning about me burning £300 I got on a comparison site tonight & sure enou?

• In or near York? This Wed the @itvmlshow Roadshow" will be at the York Food & Drink Festival - do come and say hi; St Sampsons Square 11-4.

• It's the subtle poetry and lyricism of tweets like this that I find so endearing https://t.co/XhSKBCGyXe

• Follow Martin