Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 10th Aug 12, 5:14 PM
    • 4,146Posts
    • 42,006Thanks
    Jazee
    Jazee's Diary
    • 10th Aug 12, 5:14 PM
    Jazee's Diary 10th Aug 12 at 5:14 PM
    Hello to anyone who decides to read my diary.

I'm starting this diary as I want to collect my thoughts in one place. I have unsuccessfully put posts on some other threads, and some have disappeared, so I assume that I've broken some rule or other and think that here I can't break my own rules.

I have been in debt since 1997, so that's 15 years and the usual nothing to show for it. I have been a long term lurker on MSE but have only started posting, mainly on the flylady thread, quite recently.

Thanks to this site, my debts are manageable and my days of pawning items and pay day loans are long over. My debt free date is March 2015.

I have tried and failed at some of the challenges: £1 a day pot, really successful for two years, but now I'm not really keeping any cash in the house and am trying for as many NSDs as possible, it doesn't really work.

Which brings me to NSDs. Spectacular failure most days. Must try harder.

Off to do tea now, will carry on another time and work out a plan of action to bring forward that date.
    Last edited by Jazee; 13-07-2013 at 10:14 AM.
    Crazy clothes challenge 2016 (Needs not wants, from CS where poss)
    £303.13

Page 30
    • Jazee
    • By Jazee 29th Jul 16, 9:22 AM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Today is the last official day of my hols - still have the weekend - but decided to check on the finances to see where we are. All looking good and following my birthday, I have in my purse £20 winning scratch cards, a £20 gift card and a £25 gift card. I also found an old gift card in there which still has £6.52 on it.

I am hoping that when DH gets paid next week, we will be able to close our car loan 3 months ahead of time, but I won't count my chickens just yet.

Today I am hoping for no spends although I may get DH to get the week's food shopping today. Depends on how organised I am. I am going to a friends house this afternoon to share cake. This weekend, I expect I will spend a bit (budgeted for) as I'm away with DD.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 14th Aug 16, 1:40 PM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Mmm, so two weeks on. Doing ok MSE wise, but three unexpected expenses including new glasses for DH, and MIL visited which meant trips out. DH only told me on the Thursday she was coming on the Saturday.

Anyhow, have managed to squirrel some money to savings, but haven't paid off the car loan. Am now planning to do that next month, will still be 2 months early.

Got some share money this week, but am using that to buy a new carpet to replace one that OldDog ruined just before she died.

Did a meal plan this morning, DH went and got what we needed, less than £17 for the week's food.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 20th Aug 16, 3:42 PM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Have now saved all that I'll be able to manage this month. Carpet is ordered and came in £110 under budget. Did a big shop and village shop this morning - under £100 so happy with that.

Trying to keep spends low this week. LittleyDog is being groomed but that should be about it.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 28th Aug 16, 7:59 AM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Morning diary. Am managing to keep to budgets - just. Now planning to get a new dog to keep LittleDog company so will have to budget for that when pay day comes around next week, and just pay the loan off in November when the final payment is due anyway.

Only spent £15 on top up shopping yesterday.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 2nd Sep 16, 3:45 PM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Pay day is here, I have some cash in my purse for the weekend. Just remembered I didn't pick up my prescription today so will have to do that on Monday.

£200 put in savings, new puppy https://app.box.com/s/852bwrm5c7ehsos2q66reyerdk4vyjad budgeted for.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 4th Sep 16, 8:02 AM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Spent quite a bit yesterday. Top up shop for week - just over £25, items for new puppy - about £100, and tickets to a show for our anniversary next year - £117.

All out of appropriate budgets, thank goodness, but we are early in the month!

Spends today (if I go out) will be another tin of paint. I ran out painting the second coat on the last door, very frustrating.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 25th Sep 16, 9:00 AM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Wow, about 3 weeks since I last posted. So an update:

Decorating not quite finished in time for Poppet's arrival but I can live with what has been done.
    Budgets all intact still and I have squirrelled some savings away.

And that is about it - all my time at the moment seems to be spent with the dogs.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 2nd Oct 16, 8:26 AM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Another week has flown by. Started off quite stressed by the paid stuff but ended on a much calmer note and I'm not dreading the paid stuff tomorrow as I was last Sunday.

Payday has been round. Only one payment now to make on the car loan and will then be debt free again. And I've already squirrelled £200 to the savings pot.

Bargains yesterday at a jumble sale. Bought 3 brand new dresses and 2 skirts for £8.

Today will hopefully be a NSD.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 9th Oct 16, 7:44 AM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Did a big shop yesterday (inc online which will be delivered on Tues) coming to about £150 so not too bad considering I hadn't topped up since mid August.

Also spent £3 on jeans in a charity shop - need to check those fit. Spends above also included a dog harness for Poppet.

Today we are going out for a meal as we are on leave for a few days.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 15th Oct 16, 11:02 AM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    On leave for a few days (not sure which days yet though) again. The jeans fit lovely so pleased with my bargain there.

This week, I have squirrelled £10 to savings, every little helps and have booked and paid for our holiday next year.

Just chillin' today.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 22nd Oct 16, 10:33 AM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Pay day later this week can't come soon enough. I have exceeded my grocery budget for the month by £50, not overdrawn or anything but over budget.

Hoping for low spends this weekend. Having just done a fridge and freezer inventory, we don't need to buy anything in, and tomorrow we are planning a day out with the dogs, but I have £10 in my purse to pay for that.

Hope anyone reading has a great day.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 27th Oct 16, 7:52 AM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Didn't go out with the dogs on Sunday that cost any money, so the £10 was spent on a winter coat for Poppet instead.

Final car loan repayment just made - we are now officially DEBT-FREE.
    £303.13

• Jazee
    • By Jazee 5th Nov 16, 3:06 PM
    • 4,146 Posts
    • 42,006 Thanks
    Jazee
    Good afternoon diary. Still debt free and budgets intact which is the way I intend to keep them, so this will be my last post in this diary. Thank you to everyone who has read, thanked and commented on the way.
    £303.13

• dancemum
    • By dancemum 6th Nov 16, 8:00 PM
    • 1,852 Posts
    • 27,654 Thanks
    dancemum
    Well done x
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

288Posts Today

1,123Users online

Martin's Twitter