Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Sky tv scam
    • 4th Aug 12, 2:19 PM
    Sky tv scam 4th Aug 12 at 2:19 PM
    Beware I recently received a call from SKY TV offering me as a valid long term customer great new deals!!!!

The caller asked for my personnel details straight away bells ring this is not GENUINE!!!

I replied if you have my details then give me my name address etc.

Reply we cannot do that,then send me me your deals in the post or by the internet?

Caller this deal is only over the phone, I then said this is a fraudulent call and the phone went dead, not before I managed to get the callers number of 02920445100.

Checks with SKY TV reveal this is the latest scam to get your credit card details and then make fraudulent transactions.
Page 1
    • Moneymaker
    • By Moneymaker 6th Aug 12, 4:05 PM
    • 1,951 Posts
    • 772 Thanks
    • 6th Aug 12, 4:05 PM
    • 6th Aug 12, 4:05 PM
    The caller asked for my personnel details straight away
    Originally posted by birdbmw
    How did they even know that you employ anyone?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,104Posts Today

6,893Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @RBanwell: @MartinSLewis tried the "leave things in basket" online - nfl Europe offered me extra 10% off :)

• It's #GivingTuesday why not tell friends no tit for tat Xmas gifts. Donate to charity instead. Xmas isn't a retail festival. RT if u agree

• RT @LauraGriffEssex: @MartinSLewis Ha! Who'd have thought baby brain saves money. Always wondered why I got email discounts after forgettin?

• Follow Martin