Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • babymumma2
    • By babymumma2 1st Aug 12, 6:00 PM
    • 7Posts
    • 5Thanks
    babymumma2
    Selling books online
    • 1st Aug 12, 6:00 PM
    Selling books online 1st Aug 12 at 6:00 PM
    I have boxes of books, ranging from adult's fiction to kids story books. Any idea if I can make any money from them?

I'd like to make some space and some money!

Official Insert:

This discussion is included in our Boost your Income guide. Get the weekly email to hear when new ways to save have been added.
    Last edited by MSE Andrea; 28-01-2014 at 11:22 AM.
    Back with a new name as too many eyes are looking at me!
Page 4
    • abimonster02
    • By abimonster02 18th Sep 16, 8:46 PM
    • 73 Posts
    • 304 Thanks
    abimonster02
    Hi all
    Does anyone know if for sites such as ziffit, zapper, music magpie if a bank account or Paypal address can be linked to more than one user account? Thanks
    Overdraft 1 £750- reduce by £50 per month
    Challenges £2 savers and sealed money pot
    • Devonian Rodders
    • By Devonian Rodders 17th May 17, 8:37 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 63 Thanks
    Devonian Rodders
    Please can anyone help.

I have six bound volumes of world war 1 (2014/18) which I feel are worth quite a bit.
    Does anyone know who would be interested in purchasing them.

Thanks
    • mickeymouse303
    • By mickeymouse303 17th May 17, 9:36 AM
    • 114 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    mickeymouse303
    Selling books on Amazon and making money from it is very difficult. I've sold tons of books and made very little because Amazon take a good chunk of it.
    • soolin
    • By soolin 18th May 17, 8:25 AM
    • 58,865 Posts
    • 41,696 Thanks
    soolin
    Please can anyone help.

I have six bound volumes of world war 1 (2014/18) which I feel are worth quite a bit.
    Does anyone know who would be interested in purchasing them.

Thanks
    Originally posted by Devonian Rodders
    Have you checked online to see whether there are any other copies for sale? Books are a difficult market, most are not worth the effort anymore so they are worth trying to get a value on them or just donating them to a charity shop.

Look to see if anyone else has a set listed:

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/

That might help a bit, although listed prices don't always reflect sale prices. You could try looking at Schpock or facebook sales and inviting offers.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
    • soolin
    • By soolin 18th May 17, 8:27 AM
    • 58,865 Posts
    • 41,696 Thanks
    soolin
    Selling books on Amazon and making money from it is very difficult. I've sold tons of books and made very little because Amazon take a good chunk of it.
    Originally posted by mickeymouse303
    Books were my main online sales up until 2010, I had thousands in stock and then suddenly overnight the market died on me. I've spent the last few years drip feeding books into the charity shops as I had so many to shift and a number of my local shops already had far too much stock.

I sold mainly non fiction, historical, military etc.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move posts there. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,800Posts Today

8,133Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Byebye! I'm about to stop work & twitter, to instead spend glorious time with Mrs & mini MSE. Wishing u a lovely summer. See u in 10 days.

• WARNING Did you start Uni in or after 2012? The interest's rising to 6.1%; yet it doesnt work like you think. See https://t.co/IQ8f0Vyetu RT

• RT @JanaBeee: @MartinSLewis Boris is the anomaly (coffee), the others are versions of normal (beer). Lots of same candidates = vote share d?

• Follow Martin