Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    MrsNoonar
    Anyone with Acne Rosacea - what skincare products do you use?
    • 26th Jul 12, 5:51 PM
    Anyone with Acne Rosacea - what skincare products do you use? 26th Jul 12 at 5:51 PM
    I've read through the rules and I'm hoping this is allowed, as I'm asking for beauty rather than medical advice.

I have seen my GP and he thinks I probably have acne rosacea. He has prescribed me Metrogel (0.75% Metronidazole) but I've been advised not to use it yet as it is not safe in strong sunlight. He didn't have any advice to give on face wash or moisturiser, as it is "not really a medical issue"!

Since the rash has started I have found that most of my current products worsen it. My skin has always been sensitive so I rarely use make up. I have previously been using the oil cleansing method every night but I think the hot water may be making my face worse, possibly the oil too. I have a sensitive skin moisturiser that works okay and doesn't seem to be aggravating my skin too much. It does make my face sweat when I put it on though so I'd like to try something else when it runs out!

I have been washing my face with just water for the past few days but I now have a few spots (not sure if these are from the rosacea or from me not washing my face with anything!). I'd really like to find something gentle that I can use on my face without it flaring up again. And preferably something in a lower price range if it at all possible because I'm on quite a tight budget!

Can anyone recommend anything gentle that they have been using to wash their face? ideally I'd like to use something quite natural, that's what first attracted me to OCM, but I don't really know where to start!

Thank you very much for your help!
    Sealed pot challenge 5 #1822
Page 4
    • Shannon Cannon
    • By Shannon Cannon 14th Oct 16, 11:53 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Shannon Cannon
    There is a website run by 2 acne-rosacea sufferers . There's a lot of advice on there, and they also do their own cleansers, etc.

I have a similar problem with my skin (some doctors have said it's acne-rosacea, others it's adult acne) and I've found Avene products to be really soothing, especially the water. I'm also a fan of Green People's no-scent range. None of these are very cheap, unfortunately, but they're not extortionately expensive either.

HTH
    Originally posted by j.e.j.
    Is there any home remedy to get rid of rosacea? I am on budget and could not buy even $10 product.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,028Posts Today

5,199Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • PPI deadline decision's just been delayed until first quarter of 2017, it was due this year. For free help now go to https://t.co/EqDQvgRZ2K

• RT @juliegroves49: @GMB @MartinSLewis thanks got my soap & glory glam sets which was half price at boots today thanks or all the tips xmas?

• RT @ckrd: @MartinSLewis Just bagged my Soap and Glory Set £30.00 instead of £60, thanks for the reminder in your email. Another one off the?

• Follow Martin