Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Butti
    • By Butti 25th Jul 12, 7:49 AM
    • 4,425Posts
    • 11,484Thanks
    Butti
    Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death
    • 25th Jul 12, 7:49 AM
    Butti's Journey: A matter of loaf and death 25th Jul 12 at 7:49 AM
    Hello Peeps

Well here we are at my diary or my cry for help as you may like to call it! Shortly, when someone from Aaardman actually get back to me and tells me it's trade marked we may be calling it something else entirely, but in the words of a psychotic lover 'they haven't returned my calls'.

Oh dear this is going well, I'm rambling already.

So where am I in my journey.
    At the moment it feels like hurtling towards a situation in which I am waiting for Kharma to join the dots. I have four days in which to declutter, sort, paint and start repairing a hoose. On the fifth day I shall move about 170 miles away and start a new job on the seventh. As the kharmic quote is from Steve Jobs I am kinda hoping for divine intervention from him in helping join the dots. C'mon Steve.

Anyway having tired of living the high life on benefitsI am getting a job. A real permanant job down south where I am led to believe they still have jobs.

I have decided to start a diary so you can all keep me on the straight and narrow (you may prefer to call it shouting at me!) I did wonder whether to start in about a month because;
    1. I'll have been paid
    2. I'll have spent MORE MONEY on having a fitted wardrobe put in that actually works with doors that actually slide, paint, more paint and a new sink. Why do I need a new sink? Because my lovely 1970's brown version has a leak and the tap is integral to the sink. Then we let the house (we being me and the friend of a friend who is my agent who in setting deadlines has just made the job real and the timescale real and the amount of work real!)
    3. I shall be living on a narrowboat close to a pub with free wi-fi so in order to;
    a. See any Olympics
    b. Communicate with any of you lot
    I shall have to spend some time in the pub. See how I suffer for your entertainment!

But we're starting now so I'm just warning you. My debt will go UP in the short term but it has to or I will not let the house when it will start to go down.

So there we are. I'm sure a budget (or several) will pass in the next few days. I'll have to give you lot something to do .
    First job for today - some paint for the garage door! More money

Butti
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. (08/12) £22,734. (10/14) £9127 (12/14) £8530 (2/15 )£7790
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S MOB
Page 140
    • Verbatim
    • By Verbatim 12th Oct 16, 9:20 PM
    • 4,244 Posts
    • 11,625 Thanks
    Verbatim
    Glad to hear from you again. I was thinking about you today and wondering how you were.
    I remember rushing outside in winter to cool down!
    Take care.
    Vx
    CCs @0% £24k Dec 05 £19,621.41 Au £13400 S 12600 Oct £11,981 £9481 £7500 Nov £7250 D £7100 Jan 6950 F £5800 Mar£5400 May £4830 June £4660 July £4460 Aug £3200, S £900, £0 18/9/07 DFW Nerd 042
    • Butti
    • By Butti 22nd Oct 16, 3:48 PM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 11,484 Thanks
    Butti
    Life is interesting.

Fighting a battle at work to keep my mileage allowance. They want to take off my journey to work (80 mile round trip) which basically means doing business miles whilst claiming no business miles (all my sites are closer than the office) and at the end of the year losing the allowance. I am going to put something forward next week about the gaps in the policy and lack of fairness. I have no great hope. I will end up working from home more time than I want to and probably looking for a new job.

Have just booked 5 nights away after Christmas to see my friend from university. That should be a tonic.

Also on the spendy front I will be starting my therapy sessions. They look hard but good. Can't keep running away! They are £50 a session so I hope she's as good as she appears!
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. (08/12) £22,734. (10/14) £9127 (12/14) £8530 (2/15 )£7790
    'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S MOB
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 22nd Oct 16, 8:00 PM
    • 44,843 Posts
    • 155,356 Thanks
    beanielou
    Eek to the mileage.
    Break sounds a tonic indeed.
    Hope the therapy sessions are just what you need.
    Take care of you.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 11 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 22nd Oct 16, 11:18 PM
    • 22,979 Posts
    • 39,093 Thanks
    ZTD
    Life is interesting.
    Originally posted by Butti
    For chinese versions of interesting.

I have no great hope. I will end up working from home more time than I want to and probably looking for a new job.
    The great hope comes when they realise they're haemorrhaging staff. Usually takes time alas - far too many senior management are not the sharpest oranges in the fruitbowl...

Have just booked 5 nights away after Christmas to see my friend from university. That should be a tonic.

Also on the spendy front I will be starting my therapy sessions. They look hard but good. Can't keep running away! They are £50 a session so I hope she's as good as she appears!
    If not, then you can find someone who is.
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "We were born and raised in a summer haze." Adele 'Someone like you.'
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • Butti
    • By Butti 24th Oct 16, 8:20 PM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 11,484 Thanks
    Butti
    Yep..she was very good.

And we are galvanising at work. Some people are applying the rule literally which will really highlight issues......and possibly introduce some waste products to an air circulator.
    Last edited by Butti; 24-10-2016 at 8:25 PM.
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 24th Oct 16, 11:09 PM
    • 22,979 Posts
    • 39,093 Thanks
    ZTD
    Yep..she was very good.

And we are galvanising at work. Some people are applying the rule literally which will really highlight issues......
    You know as though the new rules are ill-considered or something...

and possibly introduce some waste products to an air circulator.
    And then you get your Management saying "need to be sensible" "need to use judgement" "need to show flexibility" - which is all code for "Please don't ream us a new one with our own stupid rules..."
    "Follow the money!" - Deepthroat (AKA William Mark Felt Sr - Associate Director of the FBI)
    "Blowing your mind, 'cause you know what you'll find, when you're looking for things in the sky."
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • Butti
    • By Butti 6th Nov 16, 10:56 PM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 11,484 Thanks
    Butti
    Okay so who knew all over itching was a peri - menopausal symptom.

I have found this one out at the cinema this evening. Have tried to sit through a 2 hour film without scratching continually. Not easy!
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 7th Nov 16, 7:38 AM
    • 44,843 Posts
    • 155,356 Thanks
    beanielou
    Well I dident know!!
    Hope all well in your world.

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.*** ***Keep plodding***
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 8th Nov 16, 7:27 PM
    • 22,979 Posts
    • 39,093 Thanks
    ZTD
    Okay so who knew all over itching was a peri - menopausal symptom.

I have found this one out at the cinema this evening. Have tried to sit through a 2 hour film without scratching continually. Not easy!
    Are you sure it's that?

They're not called flea pits for nothing.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • Butti
    • By Butti 9th Nov 16, 8:09 AM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 11,484 Thanks
    Butti
    Yes. My head was the most itchy not my ankles and nobody else was scratching.

In other news WTF is America doing?
    • Knit Witch
    • By Knit Witch 9th Nov 16, 10:42 AM
    • 3,301 Posts
    • 23,455 Thanks
    Knit Witch
    Gearing up for WW3
    "Shop" From Stash (2 skein down!)
    OS Weight Loss +1/7
    • Butti
    • By Butti 10th Nov 16, 6:37 PM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 11,484 Thanks
    Butti
    Well started my EMDR therapy on Monday. It is £50 a session and I was a bit sceptical tbh. It involves going back to your earliest stressful memory. I was very tired and a bit teary on Tuesday but I have already noticed a difference. If I can give you an analogy it feels a bit like my brain is half an onion with the top layer full of stress and anxiety - this is where I operate most of the time.

We walked around the memory, through, over and through again and again and again, noting feelings, thoughts, emotions, observations while I had pads in each hand which alternately buzzed. This theoretically connects both sides of the brain to the stuck traumatic memory and allows it to be processed.
    I feel much calmer - that is what I have noticed.
    Last edited by Butti; 10-11-2016 at 6:42 PM.
    • skint_spice
    • By skint_spice 11th Nov 16, 4:45 PM
    • 11,203 Posts
    • 23,432 Thanks
    skint_spice
    Glad you feel it's helping Butti, money well spent.
    mmm...thinking, planning and plotting for aims in 2016
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 11th Nov 16, 5:56 PM
    • 44,843 Posts
    • 155,356 Thanks
    beanielou
    Sounds just right for you Butti.

• ZTD
    • By ZTD 11th Nov 16, 10:58 PM
    • 22,979 Posts
    • 39,093 Thanks
    ZTD
    Delivering the message "No you don't." to the politicians, reporters, celebrities and foreigners (to them) who thought they had the divine right to tell them what to think, what to do, and how to vote.

Some reporters understand it now but the vast majority of people do not.

The times are changing to what would be expected at this point in the cycle - it's a little bit late, but probably we should be thankful for that.

Things are going to get interesting.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 11th Nov 16, 11:00 PM
    • 22,979 Posts
    • 39,093 Thanks
    ZTD
    Well started my EMDR therapy on Monday. It is £50 a session and I was a bit sceptical tbh.
    I feel much calmer - that is what I have noticed.
    If it works for you, then it works for you.

"Try everything once except incest and folk dancing." Sir Thomas Beecham.
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • Butti
    • By Butti 13th Nov 16, 6:36 PM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 11,484 Thanks
    Butti
    Delivering the message "No you don't." to the politicians, reporters, celebrities and foreigners (to them) who thought they had the divine right to tell them what to think, what to do, and how to vote.

Some reporters understand it now but the vast majority of people do not.

The times are changing to what would be expected at this point in the cycle - it's a little bit late, but probably we should be thankful for
    Things are going to get interesting.
    Originally posted by ZTD
    That's more than a bit frightening Z.
    Do you think I need to clear my debt and stockpile baked beans?
    • ZTD
    • By ZTD 14th Nov 16, 11:55 PM
    • 22,979 Posts
    • 39,093 Thanks
    ZTD
    That's more than a bit frightening Z.
    How is it frightening?

Do you think I need to clear my debt and stockpile baked beans?
    Get rid of debt, yes - that's always been true. The less debt, the more options.

"Donald Trump drove me to baked beans." - doesn't have that certain ring to it...
    OMD 'Julia's Song'
    • Butti
    • By Butti 1st Dec 16, 8:58 PM
    • 4,425 Posts
    • 11,484 Thanks
    Butti
    Well the good news is from Monday I'm on a trial for working from home. So we start working from home and it will be reviewed just before Christmas and then again in January.
    And this means for the first time in 5 months I can claim mileage for the miles I do in doing my job properly.

What a bloomin relief.
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 1st Dec 16, 10:15 PM
    • 44,843 Posts
    • 155,356 Thanks
    beanielou
    Excellent news Butti

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,516Posts Today

7,400Users online

Martin's Twitter