Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    AstroBoy72
    Scammed by Entitlements Agency
    • 16th Jul 12, 12:11 PM
    Scammed by Entitlements Agency 16th Jul 12 at 12:11 PM
    My wife was overpaying tax all last year so, we looked for the official tax website to find out how to get a refund. Like !!!!!!! idiots we thought taxrebate.co.uk was the official site to get the tax refunds so, filled out the form to get the refund pack. Filled out the form and waited for them to get back to us (still thinking it was a refund branch of the official HM Revenue & Customs).

We received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs saying she was untitled to a refund and repayment would be made to The Entitlements Agency which we still thought was a part of the HM Revenue & Customs.

Today we get a letter and cheque minus;
    17% processing fees +VAT.

We were thinking why would the HM Revenue & Customs be charging fees when we realised that this is not all we thought it to be. You might think we were stupid but, there was no mention of any type of fees that would have to be paid and they made it look like they were from HM Revenue & Customs.

Do we have any chance of getting this reversed or at least getting the fees reduced, we haven't put the cheque in the bank yet?

I don't understand how this is allowed to happen, my wife worked very very hard for the money and we are in a situation where we really need it!

Any advice would be great. BTW; they didn't send the P60 back with the cheque, should we be worried?
    Last edited by AstroBoy72; 16-07-2012 at 2:21 PM.
Page 5
    • robatwork
    • By robatwork 20th Aug 17, 11:13 AM
    • 3,898 Posts
    • 4,224 Thanks
    robatwork
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/09217222/officers

About Us
    We Work on a no win no fee basis to claim legimate tax repayments from HMRC.

Our goal is to keep developing new services so that we can offer help to more people in more ways.

That's it for About us. Can't even spell legitimate which is probably because they aren't.
    • mben
    • By mben 16th Sep 17, 12:03 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    mben
    I was scammed by the tax rebate or repayment agency (they use both names) on my tax refund . I was due 1673, they sent me back 871 pounds, they took 40% excluding vat which amounrs to 806 pounds. The guys name is david brennan a young cocky financier who hasnt filled any earnings for his company since its start in 2014. HMRC hasnt done anything to help with this sad and very detrimental situation (i am jobless and was relying on the money to pay my rent) , in fact despite many complaints HMRC protected him and his interests. He has since removed from his website the sentence "claim your taxe refund from HMRC" leading me to think it was a govrnemental agency !!!! I even emailed consumer rights who explained they can not represent me since i asked for the cancelation of the contract before the end of one month (you are allowed 90 days to cancel a service contract if unhappy with how they are dealing with your requests) . I EVEN FILLED AN ONLINE POLICE REPORT FOR FRAUD. Not only mr david brennan didnt explain such high commission, he even showed off that he put the date wrong wrong on the contract (19th april instead of august) and he is not backing off nor recognising it was abuse of my good faith. The mail can track when i received their claim form and when it was sent back. But guess what mr david brennan is now 800 richer in a country that allows him to mislead people enrish himself and not pay his taxes and GET AWAY WITH IT
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,475Posts Today

8,876Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Luciana is on the advisory board of @mmhpi (we have MPs from most parties) https://t.co/n99NAxGAAQ

• Follow Martin