Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Bubbles12
    Can I reclaim ppi from HSBC with no paperwork?
    • 29th Jun 12, 6:46 PM
    Can I reclaim ppi from HSBC with no paperwork? 29th Jun 12 at 6:46 PM
    I took out a loan for 28k approx 8 years ago with HSBC as a consolidation loan to cover my debts

I defaulted on this 2 years ago and the account was passed to metropolitan collections which I am repaying 50 a month on 9800 left of debt to pay

I was recently thinking about having a go at reclaiming the ppi which I know I had as the bank clerk selling me the loan told me I had to have because of the amount of the loan

I requested a copy of my terms & conditions from HSBC as I no longer have any paperwork myself. I have had a holding letter from Metroplitan saying they are looking for paperwork and a further letter today dating they still can't find it but are looking and will get back to me. They state in their letter they understand they ate unable to enforce this debt without paperwork through the courts etc which I know

I have no intention of stopping my monthly payments to them but do want to try and reclaim the ppi to pay off what I owe & get the debt right down

My question is can I still do this if they cons back to me again and confirm there is no paperwork?

Any advice for me what is best to do?
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

215Posts Today

1,547Users online

Martin's Twitter