Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    annie1975
    Tax credits 2013/2014
    • 28th Jun 12, 10:23 AM
    Tax credits 2013/2014 28th Jun 12 at 10:23 AM
    Had my tax credits award notice which states i will receive 37.64 per week for the coming year...last year we were getting the minimum 10,because my husband earned 26,000.This year he has got a less paid job.
    On my notice at the bottom it states payments in 2013/2014,these are the payments we will make provisionally.They take account of changes that we can predict-example a child reaching 16... from 8/4/2013 61.04,then 57.27 every week til further notice...
    Is it going up to that much next year because they disreguard the 2,500,this year?
    Thanks for any help with my query.
Page 1
  • cazj80
    • 29th Jun 12, 8:32 AM
    • 29th Jun 12, 8:32 AM
    It sounds like it, we're in a similar position as having the 2500 disregard applied this year, I'm just waiting for my new tax credits award notice to come through after renewing a couple of weeks ago, so I'm expecting it to say something similar.

Sorry, that's probably not much help really as not a definite answer!
  • annie1975
    • 29th Jun 12, 10:36 AM
    • 29th Jun 12, 10:36 AM
    Thanks that does help.Ive had notices before,but its never given me a figure for what i will get next year before.
  • Horseunderwater
    • 29th Jun 12, 10:52 AM
    • 29th Jun 12, 10:52 AM
    Had my tax credits award notice which states i will receive 37.64 per week for the coming year...last year we were getting the minimum 10,because my husband earned 26,000.This year he has got a less paid job.
    On my notice at the bottom it states payments in 2013/2014,these are the payments we will make provisionally.They take account of changes that we can predict-example a child reaching 16... from 8/4/2013 61.04,then 57.27 every week til further notice...
    Is it going up to that much next year because they disreguard the 2,500,this year?
    Thanks for any help with my query.
    Originally posted by annie1975
    Hello Annie
    The prediction is based on your combined estimated income from this current year which you said had gone down due to your OH changing his job. If it is more than the income disregard 2.5k, then what happens is that they only take the excess into consideration, so if income goes up by more than the 2.5k - it may be for example 5K more than this year - you'd only have the 41% reduction on 2.5k of the extra income not the full 5k. However for current year limit is set at 10k - but I think next year it will be set at 5k. Therefore as your income has gone down overall, even with any pay increases that may come along, then you may well get more money next CTC year. I assume that as you only got 10/week last year and that OH earned 26k that you only have the one child for which you claim. No child care to pay for. The limit was 30k for earnings, where as this year it is 26k. So providing that you earn less than that then you may well get a bit more per week. If your income does not attract O.time or any bonuses etc We are roughly similar with our circumstances. Except my daughter is now 16, so I have had to renew my claim as she intends to continue further non advanced education beyond sept 2012. CTC etc is lost automatically exactly 148 days after 16th Birthday new tax year from 6th april-31st Aug. They write and tell you that. Am halfway through renewal.
  • annie1975
    • 29th Jun 12, 11:02 AM
    • 29th Jun 12, 11:02 AM
    Hello Annie
    The prediction is based on your combined estimated income from this current year which you said had gone down due to your OH changing his job. If it is more than the income disregard 2.5k, then what happens is that they only take the excess into consideration, so if income goes up by more than the 2.5k - it may be for example 5K more than this year - you'd only have the 41% reduction on 2.5k of the extra income not the full 5k. However for current year limit is set at 10k - but I think next year it will be set at 5k. Therefore as your income has gone down overall, even with any pay increases that may come along, then you may well get more money next CTC year. I assume that as you only got 10/week last year and that OH earned 26k that you only have the one child for which you claim. No child care to pay for. The limit was 30k for earnings, where as this year it is 26k. So providing that you earn less than that then you may well get a bit more per week. If your income does not attract O.time or any bonuses etc We are roughly similar with our circumstances. Except my daughter is now 16, so I have had to renew my claim as she intends to continue further non advanced education beyond sept 2012. CTC etc is lost automatically exactly 148 days after 16th Birthday new tax year from 6th april-31st Aug. They write and tell you that. Am halfway through renewal.
    Originally posted by Horseunderwater
    Yes only got 1 child,his income has fallen about 8 to 9 grand on last years..We now get 37 a week,but only for the 2500 it would have been the 57...
  • Horseunderwater
    • 29th Jun 12, 11:45 AM
    • 29th Jun 12, 11:45 AM
    Makes a bit more sense now. If your income is approx 17-18k per year - you will get more CTC now. For you income last year 26k - this year 17-18k so add 2.5k to that figure and this will be your new income so 20.5K for current credit year. Leaving 5.5k on which CTC will be payable to bring you upto 26k limit if that makes sense.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,726Posts Today

7,379Users online

Martin's Twitter