Main site > MoneySavingExpert.com Forums > Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking > Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion (Page 1)

IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion
Views: 25,422
# 1
Former MSE Rose
Old 26-06-2012, 4:30 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Parking Ticket Appeals guide discussion

Hi all, this thread is specifically to discuss the Parking Ticket Appeals guide.

If you've used the tips in the guide to appeal against a council, police or Transport For London parking ticket, please let us know how you've got on below.

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, watch our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks,

MSE Rose

Last edited by MSE Andrea; 06-02-2013 at 12:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
WandaJane
Old 04-10-2012, 2:40 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

I received a parking ticket because the front wheel of my car was left turned at an angle after I had parked and was over the white line although not impeding any other parking space. This was a council run car park and perhaps a new zealous car park attendant had just started work there because numerous cars were targetted.
I had a problem with my car as the suspension failed as I parked and I didn't want to continue with driving to straighten it up. I also scrutinised the ticket and found that my car had been wrongly identified as a 'Reliant'. I wrote to the council, firstly to advise that there had been a problem with the car steering and secondly to suggest that they perhaps in fact had the incorrect car as my car was not a Reliant. Result - parking fine cancelled, although they did not specify which reason applied.
The Following User Says Thank You to WandaJane For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 3
RENEGADE
Old 04-10-2012, 3:18 PM
PPR
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Good news that they did this.
Mind you, if they get the make wrong, they will have problems when it comes to sending out letters to keeper. Unless they took photos but all of this puts question marks on the competence of the parking officer.
# 4
JordEO
Old 10-12-2012, 3:31 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default VP PARKING SOLUTIONS private parking ticket

i received a parking ticket in stockport outside B&M store (a private car park) for parking in a disabled space which i did not realise, when i came out a man in a suit who was stood infront of my car when i first pulled up was writing details of my car and handed me a ticket, VP PARKING SOLUTIONS LTD asking for half price payment 70.50 within 14days if not paid it would be 94 pound

PLEASE HELP - i feel like the man who issued me this ticket would have had the decency to just inform me that i was in a disabled space!

I was told that i cannot be issued with a parking ticket in a private can park? please someone get back to me
# 5
trisontana
Old 10-12-2012, 3:57 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordEO View Post
i received a parking ticket in stockport outside B&M store (a private car park) for parking in a disabled space which i did not realise, when i came out a man in a suit who was stood infront of my car when i first pulled up was writing details of my car and handed me a ticket, VP PARKING SOLUTIONS LTD asking for half price payment 70.50 within 14days if not paid it would be 94 pound

PLEASE HELP - i feel like the man who issued me this ticket would have had the decency to just inform me that i was in a disabled space!

I was told that i cannot be issued with a parking ticket in a private can park? please someone get back to me
It would be best if you started your own thread.
I am an "internet guru" (copyright Stephan Hall @ UKCPS)
# 6
JordEO
Old 10-12-2012, 4:02 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

thanks, how is that done im new to this.
# 7
trisontana
Old 10-12-2012, 4:06 PM

Go to the top of this page,click on the link "Parking Ticket, Fines and Parking".

When the new page opens you will see a button on the top LHS "New Thread". Click on that, and away you go.
I am an "internet guru" (copyright Stephan Hall @ UKCPS)
# 8
Fergie76
Old 10-12-2012, 8:38 PM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

How is half of 90, 70.50?
# 9
peter_the_piper
Old 10-12-2012, 8:53 PM
Deliciously Dedicated Diehard MoneySaving Devotee

In PPC world, anything is possible, except en forcible tickets that is.
Sorry, normal service will be resumed shortly.
The Following User Says Thank You to peter_the_piper For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 10
harrypotter6666
Old 17-12-2012, 2:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Hi all, I have just receieved a, CONTRACTUAL PARKING CHARGE NOTICE,
FOR 95.00,after shopping in sports direct store in Burton on Trent.
if any one could give me advise to pay or not to pay please?????
# 11
peter_the_piper
Old 17-12-2012, 2:27 PM

Have a good read of all the posts on this forum and you will see that not to pay and to ignore is the advice.
Sorry, normal service will be resumed shortly.
The Following User Says Thank You to peter_the_piper For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
Angela1987
Old 06-01-2013, 1:29 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrypotter6666 View Post
Hi all, I have just receieved a, CONTRACTUAL PARKING CHARGE NOTICE,
FOR 95.00,after shopping in sports direct store in Burton on Trent.
if any one could give me advise to pay or not to pay please?????
Hello, how much time did you go over, I was 3 minutes late today and I am worried that I will now get a ticket. D you know what firm runs the car park thanks
# 13
ManxRed
Old 06-01-2013, 1:50 PM

Why are you worried? The ticket would be unenforceable anyway.
Hi, weve had to remove your signature. If youre not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if youre still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
# 14
Stroma
Old 06-01-2013, 4:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela1987 View Post
Hello, how much time did you go over, I was 3 minutes late today and I am worried that I will now get a ticket. D you know what firm runs the car park thanks
Did you perhaps miss the reply above yours from Coupon ? This ancient thread with links to the out of date advice should be closed.
When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
We don't need the following to help you.
Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member
# 15
The Slithy Tove
Old 06-01-2013, 6:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela1987 View Post
You have rather randomly picked an old thread to add your comment to. First, read round this site (particularly the stickies) to understand the whole parking charge scam, and how it's best to ignore any such tickets from private companies. Then wait. If you do get anything, and are still worried in any way, then come back and start a new thread with your story.
# 16
demelzap
Old 10-01-2013, 4:34 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default PCN for driving in a bus lane

I would like to dispute the payment method rather than the fine itself is it possible to do that?

I happily made an online payment, unfortunately this was the wrong amount; I had to enter the amount myself and I had no warning or follow up afterwards that this was not the full amount.

As a side note I had no chance of paying within the 14 days as it had to go through the lease company and then my works admin.

My main dispute is the increased penalty because I thought I had paid it. I've not seen an online payment system before that does not calculate how much you need to pay for you.

Once again I had no chance to dispute within 28 days because by the time I got the increased penalty once again going through the lease company and then my works admin it's now 2 month later.

I've emailed the council with the facts but haven't heard anything yet. Any advice?

Thanks
# 17
Coupon-mad
Old 11-01-2013, 1:31 AM

You got no replies as you added it to a thread which is only for discussing the guide (not new cases).

Post a new thread please and you'll get help:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

NO REPLIES HERE PLEASE.

Why oh why oh why is this MSE thread here? It should be deleted or posted in reverse order or locked so that nobody sees the out of date advice to ignore PCNs, or even post on this thread at all. Please ignore this thread and read the Sticky thread for NEWBIES at the top of the page. Do not read anything else on this thread. Do not post on this thread.

READ THE STICKY THREAD FOR NEWBIES before posting.
Ticket in a private car park in England/Wales?... DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT- the advice changed in 2012.

USE THE FORUM JUMP TO GO TO THE PARKING SUB FORUM AND READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
Do NOT read older advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

Last edited by Coupon-mad; 17-08-2014 at 10:07 PM.
# 18
parkingcashcow
Old 06-02-2013, 5:57 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Cool Traffic Signs Manual

A vital resource for appealing parking tickets is the Traffic Signs manual chapter 3. You can google it and download it from the internet.

I won a bus gate incident on adjudication forcing the council to make their signage comply with the law, rather than their "make it up as you go along" attiude to signage in my part of the world.
The Following User Says Thank You to parkingcashcow For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 19
parkingcashcow
Old 06-02-2013, 6:09 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Cool Strange clearway application

In my city, the council has used rural clearways across much of the city. You can tell they are rural by the signage used and that they are 24/7. Side roads are properly signed to show that you are about to enter a clearway. But the council assumes that the distance between the sign and the clearway itself are also part of the clearway. But many motorists seeing no yellow lines assume that this section of road is free parking and get ticketed.

When I checked the Traffic Signs Manual chapter 3, it is clear that the council's interpretation is not recognised. Had the side road been a slip road onto a rural clearway, they would have been correct. But the side road is definitely not a slip road and rural clearways are declared unsuitable for urban use.

As far as I am aware the council are stopping short of going to adjudication. In one case the ticket was forgotten, in another they claimed a procedural error.
# 20
parkingcashcow
Old 06-02-2013, 6:16 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Cool Google Earth and Street View

Apart from the Traffic Signs Manual Chapter 3, another useful tool is Google Earth and Google Street View.