Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • sammyjammy
    • By sammyjammy 25th Jun 12, 6:49 PM
    • 3,906Posts
    • 4,246Thanks
    sammyjammy
    Car tax refund at DVLA local office
    • 25th Jun 12, 6:49 PM
    Car tax refund at DVLA local office 25th Jun 12 at 6:49 PM
    Anyone know if this is possible? We have one in Sheffield but have looked at DVLA website and not very helpful as to the things you can take to these offices to deal with. I know I can complete form at Post Office but understand it will take a minimum of six weeks for refund.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
Page 1
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 25th Jun 12, 7:17 PM
    • 13,936 Posts
    • 9,725 Thanks
    agrinnall
    • 25th Jun 12, 7:17 PM
    • 25th Jun 12, 7:17 PM
    Anyone know if this is possible? We have one in Sheffield but have looked at DVLA website and not very helpful as to the things you can take to these offices to deal with. I know I can complete form at Post Office but understand it will take a minimum of six weeks for refund.
    Originally posted by sammyjammy
    Well, my experience is that it took less than 6 weeks - I traded in my car on April 17th, forgot to take the tax disk so the dealer had to post it to me, I then sent it with the form to Swansea, and I got a cheque on May 16th.
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 25th Jun 12, 7:47 PM
    • 16,731 Posts
    • 13,055 Thanks
    wealdroam
    • 25th Jun 12, 7:47 PM
    • 25th Jun 12, 7:47 PM
    I took my form and tax disc to my local DVLA office, and the guy there said all they do is forward the stuff to Swansea.
    Just as quick to post, in my experience.
    • sammyjammy
    • By sammyjammy 25th Jun 12, 8:47 PM
    • 3,906 Posts
    • 4,246 Thanks
    sammyjammy
    • 25th Jun 12, 8:47 PM
    • 25th Jun 12, 8:47 PM
    Thanks both, good to know (on both counts!), will download form and post tomorrow.
    "You've been reading SOS when it's just your clock reading 5:05 "
    • paddedjohn
    • By paddedjohn 25th Jun 12, 9:01 PM
    • 6,755 Posts
    • 7,459 Thanks
    paddedjohn
    • 25th Jun 12, 9:01 PM
    • 25th Jun 12, 9:01 PM
    They say 6 weeks to cover their ar*e, you should get your refund within 2/3 weeks normally
    Be Alert..........Britain needs lerts.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

317Posts Today

1,095Users online

Martin's Twitter