Best central heating option for 3 bed house/1 bathroom

We will shortly be moving house into a 1930's property which has presently 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. We plan in the future to extend the property adding another bedroom and 2nd bathroom. The survey has flagged the boiler existing system (back boiler) is at the end of its life (from what I know its at least 20+ years old) and so i want to get ta new boiler that serves the house effectively as it is now and the extension in the future. So far I've received one quote for: Worcester 30CDI system, with vertical Flue kit, pitched roof flashing, 250 l unvented HW cylinder, 1 x chrome towel rail 600x1000, 3 port control pack, wireless room stat, condense pump/pipe, re route of gas & cold mains Total £4358. This seems expensive considering non eof the rads are being replaced except for the bathroom. The engineer states its going to take4-5 days. Can anybody provide any advice guidance on a) is this reasonable quote and b) the right type of system given the size of house and planned extension in the future and if not potential alternatives to consider. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Canucklehead
    Canucklehead Posts: 6,254 Forumite
    Pete76 wrote: »
    We will shortly be moving house into a 1930's property which has presently 3 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. We plan in the future to extend the property adding another bedroom and 2nd bathroom. The survey has flagged the boiler existing system (back boiler) is at the end of its life (from what I know its at least 20+ years old) and so i want to get ta new boiler that serves the house effectively as it is now and the extension in the future. So far I've received one quote for: Worcester 30CDI system, with vertical Flue kit, pitched roof flashing, 250 l unvented HW cylinder, 1 x chrome towel rail 600x1000, 3 port control pack, wireless room stat, condense pump/pipe, re route of gas & cold mains Total £4358. This seems expensive considering non eof the rads are being replaced except for the bathroom. The engineer states its going to take4-5 days. Can anybody provide any advice guidance on a) is this reasonable quote and b) the right type of system given the size of house and planned extension in the future and if not potential alternatives to consider. Any help would be much appreciated.

Converting your current setup to a sealed system with unvented hot water etc is labour and material intensive job....when you have your other quotes you can compare specs like for like (hopefully from RGIs recommended to you by a source you trust). More here.

Canucklehead
    Ask to see CIPHE (Chartered Institute of Plumbing & Heating Engineering)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.3K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.7K Life & Family
  • 247.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure