Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 1
  • LunaLady
    • 14th Jun 12, 3:06 PM
    • 14th Jun 12, 3:06 PM
    Can a ccj affect me when i apply for a job?
    Can it affect me when i try to get a quote for car insurance?
    What are the main areas i am affected with a ccj on my file?
    If i pay my debt on a monthly basis will my ccj still affect me?
    Originally posted by talah
    If you mean paying the CCJ off monthly once its obtained then yes it will.

It will stop you getting god rates for credit, and may stop you getting a job, especially in finance/banking.
    SPC #1813
    Addicted to collecting Nectar Points!!
  • JustinCredibleGillespie
    • 14th Jun 12, 3:08 PM
    • 14th Jun 12, 3:08 PM
    Do you work for a financial institution or planning to work in the financial sector ie a bank or Post office etc?

I definitely dont think that CCJ have an affect on a car insurance quote.

JCG

xx
  • talah
    • 14th Jun 12, 3:30 PM
    • 14th Jun 12, 3:30 PM
    I work for an insurance company as a claims assessor, could it affect this job. I am in a big dilemma, my brother used my driving licence details and hit another drivers car. The CCJ has come down to my name as its my details. If i provide my brothers details and prove to them it was not me then im sure he will receive a prison sentence. I do have the option of setting the ccj aside and clear myself. But i dont know how badly it can affect me? could you advice me please?
    • billinghamfan
    • By billinghamfan 14th Jun 12, 3:37 PM
    • 254 Posts
    • 127 Thanks
    billinghamfan
    • 14th Jun 12, 3:37 PM
    • 14th Jun 12, 3:37 PM
    You will have a black cloud on your creit file for 6 years, you'll be highly unlikely to can any credit from 'normal' lenders, you might have isusses if renting as it shows up on public files.

As far as your job is concerned I would talk to your HR department.

To be honest you said your brother has done this to you before what will make him stop?
    Total Debt: 4610.75
    Debt Free Date: May 2016.
    • heartbreak_star
    • By heartbreak_star 14th Jun 12, 3:46 PM
    • 7,036 Posts
    • 15,209 Thanks
    heartbreak_star
    • 14th Jun 12, 3:46 PM
    • 14th Jun 12, 3:46 PM
    I'd shop him if I was you!

HBS x
  • talah
    • 14th Jun 12, 4:01 PM
    • 14th Jun 12, 4:01 PM
    I have to trust him, im going to have to clear my back if it is going to affect my job. Im in probation at work and if i speak to HR will that ruin my chances to keep my job?
  • talah
    • 14th Jun 12, 4:04 PM
    • 14th Jun 12, 4:04 PM
    what do you mean by shop him?
    • afly
    • By afly 14th Jun 12, 4:30 PM
    • 93 Posts
    • 51 Thanks
    afly
    • 14th Jun 12, 4:30 PM
    • 14th Jun 12, 4:30 PM
    I think heartbreak is suggesting you refer your brother to the relevant authorities rather than potentially losing your job over the situation
    Last edited by afly; 14-06-2012 at 4:35 PM.
    • reallyAnnoyed
    • By reallyAnnoyed 14th Jun 12, 4:39 PM
    • 47 Posts
    • 50 Thanks
    reallyAnnoyed
    your options:-
    • Payoff in 28 days period and get it cleared off your file.
    • Pay eventually and leave mark on your file for 6 years. (which may kill off your future job prospects in some other financial institute.)
    • Contest it and prove your brother is responsible and clear your name.

It all boils down to your priorities and your relationship with your brother.
  • sickasachip13
    Wow, what a pickle.

So, you work in the insurance industry and you're helping your brother essentially cheat the insurance industry and/or the law?

I'm guessing he used your details because he's banned / not insured etc? Did he do this with your knowledge?

He needs to learn a lesson I'm afraid, even if he is your bro. Why are you taking the !!!! for this - screwing up your credit file and risking your job, while he walks away scot free?

SAAC
  • talah
    eton rifle- your correct, i just need further advice so i can make my decision. I have many responsibilities at home including taking care of my parents. I dont think i can afford to take the risk and put my parents in a situation where the person they're relying on to help support them is bound to doing little for them by having a ccj to my name.
  • talah
    sickasachip13- i was not aware of this at all, if i was i would not have let him use my details.

He's put me into this position and im looking to sort it out in the best way. Looks like im going to have to put his name forward its either my brother who is affected or its me and the rest of my family who are relying on me for the future.

The only reason i had to consider saving him was because he would have to go prison for this.
  • sickasachip13
    Sorry if I seemed harsh - I didn't mean to be, I was just baffled as to how the situation had occurred.

I think you have to let him face the consequences. I don't reckon he'll go to prison for it, unless he has some previous convictions.

Awful situation for you to be put in, but you can't really protect him and take the rap for something that could lose you your job - let's face it, your employers are not going to take kindly to it.

SAAC
  • talah
    AHH dont worry about it, no offence was taken. I was just saying.

Its true im going have to put it on him because their is no way i can afford that my job or future is affected by any of this.
  • NeverAgain
    It's not clear to me exactly what brother has done, but prison is not likely for giving false details and a bit of low-level insurance fraud.

Your position is precarious, if you do not give your brother's details, the police could start talking about you perverting the course of justice, which often does carry a short sentence.
  • talah
    Hes used my details without my consent to drive a car when he does not have his own details as he does not have a licence. He hit another car and the driver of that car is claiming against me as my name was used and is now asking for a cost which they incurred and have filed a ccj against my name.

I didnt think that the police could start talking about me perverting the course of justice.

Looks like it going to have to be my brother who i have to report.
    • Tabatha Kitten
    • By Tabatha Kitten 14th Jun 12, 5:32 PM
    • 486 Posts
    • 1,150 Thanks
    Tabatha Kitten
    I think that whatever you do here your job is at risk
    Even if you do "shop" your brother you are admitting involvement in this - and that is not going to go down well with your employers if you work in the insurance industry.
  • talah
    How will my employers come to know of this? Especially if ive proved it was nothing to do with me and all ive done is clear my name?
    • Tabatha Kitten
    • By Tabatha Kitten 14th Jun 12, 5:49 PM
    • 486 Posts
    • 1,150 Thanks
    Tabatha Kitten
    It has got something to do with you.
    The driver has filed a claim because he has been unable to reclaim his costs from you so now he is going down the court route. You must have been aware that he was trying to contact you and why.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,949Posts Today

5,417Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just a quick goodbye (for now)... https://t.co/00uuzdpqAv

• Still fighting - hoping for chinks in the armour as there's a new administration https://t.co/XMYOGshhI0

• About to speak to talented teens from underprivileged backgrounds re student finance. Far more difficult to be +ve after retrospective hikes

• Follow Martin