Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mogwai
    • By mogwai 6th Jun 12, 12:45 PM
    • 1,237Posts
    • 2,869Thanks
    mogwai
    Water softener e501
    • 6th Jun 12, 12:45 PM
    Water softener e501 6th Jun 12 at 12:45 PM
    Has anyone used this water softener before? I can't find any reviews on it, but the price seems good, its £500 inc installation and a drinking water system included, and its a timer controlled system (not sure what this means!)

http://www.ewtechnologies.co.uk/EWT-E501-timered-water-softener.php

Appreciate any guidance on these??
    We got rid of the kids. The cat was allergic.

Debt at LBM (Sep 07): £13,500. Current debt: £680 £480 £560 £13 £0 overdraft
    Current aims - to start building up savings
    1st £1000 in 100 days - £1178.03 2nd £1053.38/£1000 3rd £863.59/£1000
Page 2
  • lapsap_c
    Thanks Chodu666
  • lapsap_c
    morning all,
    Would anyone like to refer me please to join EWT water softener?
    Thanks
  • lapsap_c
    I am currently looking either EWT 606 or Monarch Midi, any suggestions/experience would help, and if the referral £50 for EWT would be good too if still avaliable
  • lapsap_c
    Hi Chodu666
    How is your water softener, any issue so far? And is the customer service OK to deal with?
    Thanks
    Daniel
    • CarolineW
    • By CarolineW 29th Sep 15, 9:18 PM
    • 13 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    CarolineW
    [QUOTE=128hdays;68381563]
    Had my softener installed about 18 months ago - have needed several call-outs as it kept going wrong

Have they come back to you since DSbp1962 to fix the problems you were having with your system?
    Originally posted by dsbp1962
    How has your water softener been running since then, 128hdays? Would you recommend them or not?
    • keirabrooke
    • By keirabrooke 16th Jan 16, 3:52 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    keirabrooke
    EWT Referral
    Hi folks,

Is there still £50, refer a friend for both existing and new customer? I would like to get an EWT 500 water softener, is anyone able to refer me please?

Also, if anyone has any recent experiences (good or bad) with EWT and/or the EWT500, any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
    • shahadchoudhury
    • By shahadchoudhury 18th Mar 16, 11:42 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shahadchoudhury
    info request
    Hi I saw your post and would like to know if you are still happy with your system. If you are still happy with it, then I would like to get one and would like referral code if possible.

Thanks

Shahad
    • satman995
    • By satman995 18th May 16, 11:42 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    satman995
    Referral
    Hi guys,
    £50, refer a friend is still available. I would like to get a water softener, anyone would like to refer me please

Thanks
    • Rajaryan
    • By Rajaryan 11th Aug 16, 11:44 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Rajaryan
    Hi Friends, Does anyone want to refer me to take advantage of £50 ? I have just confirmed offer is still available. All they need is full name or post code. EWT 500 [time based] is available for £575 and EWT 606 [meter based] is available for £705 and I am going for 606.
    Last edited by Rajaryan; 11-08-2016 at 11:45 AM. Reason: more details
    • shahrajeshk
    • By shahrajeshk 12th Aug 16, 3:11 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    shahrajeshk
    Existing customer reward
    Hi Chodu666,

Are you an EWT customer? If so, please pm me your details.

Has anyone on this thread purchased EST 606?

I recently had an "EWT Gold 500" installed for £499. Its a timer based system and also included an installed water filter in the price.
    I was offered a metered system for £620 but declined.

So far i am very happy but it is my first water softener so have nothing to compare to.

Installation was very efficient and took approx 3.5 hrs. The fitter seemed very experienced.

I had seen numerous promotional adverts for EWT in the metro newspaper and on groupon. I was very sceptical as i knew nothing of them. After learning that a friend of my sister and other members of his family had used them approximately a year ago, i finally decided to the plunge.

Anyway just in case there are any others out there interested, feel free to ask me any questions. They do also do a "refer a friend scheme" where i would get some £50 cashback and the buyer £50 off their order. PM me if interested.
    Originally posted by chodu666
    • johnC
    • By johnC 22nd Sep 16, 3:09 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    johnC
    customer service
    so first experience with EW, RO system was installed 5 months ago and the system is constantly draining, nobody in customer support so i call sales and speak to Amy, very nice and polite but cant get an engineer out until 4th October, i explain the system is constantly draining and i cant turn it off, water meter is spinning continuously, nothing she can do until the morning, hmmmnnn.... watch this space
    • johnC
    • By johnC 23rd Sep 16, 11:50 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    johnC
    update... 12md and no callback, meter is spinning and i cant turn the system off
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,433Posts Today

6,506Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: What proportion of your usual monthly spending do you do in cash (ie not plastic, bank transfer, cheque etc)

• RT @GemmaRobyn: @MartinSLewis my parents earned +£50k but it didn't mean they could afford to help. I worked 2 jobs at uni to get by. Why b?

• RT @JackieMutlow: @MartinSLewis @GMB Daughters loans not enough we pay 2 months rent a year (2x £410) AND £250 a month for food, train etc?

• Follow Martin