Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

    DWP compensation recovery unit?
    • #1
    • 31st May 12, 11:32 PM
    DWP compensation recovery unit? 31st May 12 at 11:32 PM
    Hi, there I have just received a cheque for 2935 for a personal injury claim as a result of a car accident nearly two years ago.

    I banked the cheque today but have received a letter today at my old address, the person who picked it up read the first line of it through the envelope but has left the letter and told me it said it was from the compensation recovery unit.

    What I'd like to know is am I liable to pay some/all of my claim to the dwp?

    I have recently turned over onto contribution based income - someone on yahoo seem'd to think I would be expected to live off of my payment and sign off of JSA.

    Would I have to pay what I have claimed while on JSA?

    Has anyone else had a similar experience? - I have done some online research and found it very unclear.

Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,090Posts Today

6,643Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • After how long will your student loan be wiped (it all depends on what year you started). Full info here...

  • RT @financialombuds: Are you up for a new challenge? We're hiring in London, UK!

  • On way to ITVs social mobility partnership to talk on student finance to 6th formers from non traditional uni backgrounds. Important message

  • Follow Martin