IMPORTANT! This is MoneySavingExpert's open forum - anyone can post

Please exercise caution & report any spam, illegal, offensive, racist, libellous post to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

• Be nice to all MoneySavers
  • All the best tips go in the MoneySavingExpert weekly email

Plus all the new guides, deals & loopholes

• No spam/referral links
or Login with Facebook
Nhs discounts??
Views: 142,569
# 1
WOW Factor 0
Rosie2
Old 28-05-2012, 3:49 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Default Nhs discounts??

I did not have a clue where to post this so sorry if its in the way...Does anyone have any idea what discounts, if any, are offered to NHS staff?? I know there is a website with a few bits and bobs on but just wondered if anyone has managed to get anything in shops etc. Dorothy Perkins/Top Man used to give discount in store but stopped a few years back.Thanks guys :-)
Reply With Quote Report Post
# 2
MrsJG
Old 28-05-2012, 4:18 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default NHS Discounts

The website still exists.

Not sure if the link will show up as it's my first post (been lurking for years) so it's: www dot nhsdiscounts dot com

You will need to register as usual, but to be honest I don't always think they have fantastic offers, but I can complain because something is better than nothing.

Happy Shopping
# 3
Alias_Omega
Old 29-05-2012, 3:02 PM
Fantastically Fervent MoneySaving Super Fan

MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.

I am a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and change posts there. However, please remember board guides don't read every post.

If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com

Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
# 4
James_Nolan
Old 30-05-2012, 1:37 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Domino's used to give 50% discount, and still do in some places, but has been reduced to 25% in a lot of places.

You can get a discount on mobile contracts with orange

You can buy a wide range of giftcards and vouchers via nhsdiscounts.com, which give you anything from 3% to 10% off at a wide range of places. Asda 3.5%, B&Q 6% etc

You get a certain % off at Apple, but the higher education discounts are higher than what the NHS discounts are.

Burtons is 10% off.
# 5
littleemu
Old 30-05-2012, 9:52 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

You can sign up to the NHSdiscounts site (as posted by another poster above) for additional discounts but with your staff card shown in various stores you can get some perks...

You get 10% at Nandos and cafe rouge with a valid staff card
# 6
lmur
Old 12-09-2012, 1:32 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Nhs Discount

The following are all valid at present as either myself or the guys in the office have used them in the last month.

Cineworld: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
Nandos: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
Wallis: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
Body Shop: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
Dorothy Perkins: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
Dominos: 50% off if you collect, 25% if you get it delivered (Must advise them NHS over the phone before placing order)
Subway: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
Caf! Rouge: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
Free NHS Eye Test and money off glasses with Specsavers
National Express 15%
O2/Vodaphone/Orange 20% and Three 25% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
The Following User Says Thank You to lmur For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 7
kerry87
Old 25-09-2012, 4:32 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Smile NHS discount

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJG View Post
The website still exists.

Not sure if the link will show up as it's my first post (been lurking for years) so it's: www dot nhsdiscounts dot com

You will need to register as usual, but to be honest I don't always think they have fantastic offers, but I can complain because something is better than nothing.

Happy Shopping
I use www dot staff discounts dot org.

I have just claimed an offer on there from a hotel offering 2 nights stay and alton towers tickets plus lunch to take with you for £99 per person! Bargin!
# 8
YUMMYMUUMY
Old 28-09-2012, 11:51 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2 View Post
I did not have a clue where to post this so sorry if its in the way...Does anyone have any idea what discounts, if any, are offered to NHS staff?? I know there is a website with a few bits and bobs on but just wondered if anyone has managed to get anything in shops etc. Dorothy Perkins/Top Man used to give discount in store but stopped a few years back.Thanks guys :-)
SUPER CAMPS GIVE ALL NHS STAFF A DISCOUNT OF UP TO £6.00 OFF PER DAY FOR EACH CHILD THAT YOU BOOK ONTO ONE OF THEIR CAMPS..HOPE THIS HELPS
# 9
AimeeB88
Old 04-10-2012, 11:44 AM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmur View Post
The following are all valid at present as either myself or the guys in the office have used them in the last month.

Dominos: 50% off if you collect, 25% if you get it delivered (Must advise them NHS over the phone before placing order)
National Express 15%

Do you know how they got the 25% discount on Three?

I've just called them and they said they don't offer the 25% discount and that there's a code we can use to get £100 cashback on our intranet, but all NHS sites have their own intranet.

Confused!!
# 10
Netwizard
Old 07-10-2012, 4:39 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AimeeB88 View Post
Do you know how they got the 25% discount on Three?

I've just called them and they said they don't offer the 25% discount and that there's a code we can use to get £100 cashback on our intranet, but all NHS sites have their own intranet.

Confused!!
Three used to offer the 25% discount a long time ago, but its not showed up on NHSdiscounts for about a year now. The three link on NHS discounts just takes you to http://www.buymobilephones.net where the prices are the same as on the three website anyway.

Dominos have also dropped their offer to 25% in some area's, so double check that before ordering. There are always online discount codes around for Dominos so check before you order, it might be cheaper to just use a discount code rather than mess about with the NHS discount.

Likewise with Bodyshop.

Asked orange about their NHS discount on the iphone tarrifs, but it doesn't apply on those!

You can also buy vouchers for a lot of stores which will give you a few quid off here and there but overall, its not worth it. I've worked for the NHS for 8 years and never taken advantages of any of the so called "discounts"
# 11
LesleyAnnP
Old 11-10-2012, 9:02 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

BHS do a 10% discount, including sale items. We use it quite regularly.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LesleyAnnP For This Useful Post: Show me >>
# 12
nibs
Old 24-11-2012, 1:27 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netwizard View Post
Three used to offer the 25% discount a long time ago, but its not showed up on NHSdiscounts for about a year now. The three link on NHS discounts just takes you to http://www.buymobilephones.net where the prices are the same as on the three website anyway.

Dominos have also dropped their offer to 25% in some area's, so double check that before ordering. There are always online discount codes around for Dominos so check before you order, it might be cheaper to just use a discount code rather than mess about with the NHS discount.

Likewise with Bodyshop.

Asked orange about their NHS discount on the iphone tarrifs, but it doesn't apply on those!

You can also buy vouchers for a lot of stores which will give you a few quid off here and there but overall, its not worth it. I've worked for the NHS for 8 years and never taken advantages of any of the so called "discounts"
It does now, I spoke to them yesterday and they offered it on the iphone 4s (20%)
# 13
pudding1990
Old 28-03-2013, 9:43 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default NHS card

Quote:

National Express 15%

you said to show NHS card, where do you get one of these from? your employer or do you apply for it?

Thanks
# 14
Tupperware_Queen
Old 30-03-2013, 6:59 AM
Serious MoneySaving Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudding1990 View Post
you said to show NHS card, where do you get one of these from? your employer or do you apply for it?

Thanks
Your NHS ID badge.
Getting fit for 2013 - Starting weight 10.1.13 88.1kg
Weight 27.3.13 79.1kg weight 2.4.13 79.9kg Weight 24.4.13 77.8kg. 4.6.13 76kg

BSC member 331
# 15
Schkottie
Old 29-04-2013, 6:20 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

Just to let people know, not all Domino's offer an NHS discount. All stores are franchised and it's up to the franchisee on all deals or discounts. Some offer emergency services discounts and military but are collection only, not for delivery. Most won't offer them on delivery. Thanks for all the advice though! I'll make sure and take my ID to Nandos next time!
# 16
MiraculousM
Old 12-06-2013, 12:00 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Quote:

National Express 15%
i never knew about subway! or dorothy perkins! best news
# 17
Tao81
Old 21-06-2013, 11:13 PM
MoneySaving Stalwart

Thumbs up NHS discounts Nandos and EE shops

I've worked for the NHS for years and was completely unaware of some brilliant offers available to NHS staff . Go seek them out!

A colleague informed me recently about Nandos, simply showed my work ID badge in a local Nando's and got 20% off whole of my bill (for 2 people).
......Be slightly careful though, one server gave me 20% off whole of my bill and another server in the same restaurant asked if both of us worked for the NHS and claimed that the discount was available on the NHS workers meal only?!!

Found out yesterday that EE shops offer 20% discount on all contract tariffs over £20 per month to NHS staff, Emergency workers, Millitary, council and teaching staff!!
Was about to buy a phone at EE store where, after overhearing a conversation I was having with my daughter, the store manager asked me where I worked and kindly informed me of the offer and listed all workers eligible (see above).
Got the discount today, showed my work ID badge and a payslip which they photocopied (to qualify the payslip had to be current, within the last couple of months).

Such good offers, really pleased!.......Does anyone else know of other similarly significant moneysaving offers for NHS staff? (Include terms of the offer, if you can please?).
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Last edited by Tao81; 21-06-2013 at 11:16 PM.
# 18
windsor988
Old 24-06-2013, 9:29 PM
MoneySaving Convert

Exclamation

Does anyone know if the o2 discount is off the mobile bill each month? I have only ever had a 'lump sum' of credit added to my account and then deduct the monthly amount off that until it has ran out, but if anyone knows how to get a monthly discount, please let me know.
Cheers.
# 19
Zoe_C
Old 12-07-2013, 12:16 PM
MoneySaving Newbie

You can also get discounts on new car lease deals - see forcesleasing.com, they supply to the military, police and other emergency services, including NHS.
# 20
kganghou
Old 23-08-2013, 11:38 AM
MoneySaving Newbie

Default Orange

I changed by tarriff with Orange 2 months ago and I have only just seen this NHS discount thread that you can get a 20% discount on tarriff over £20, my tarriff is £21 so only just.

So I have rang Orange complaining that when I asked if there were anyother discounts that could be applied I was told no, gave it the sob story. They informed me the discount only applies when you initially take out the tarriff but on this occassion they will honour it as its only been 2 months.

Yippe 20% discount. Worth ago