Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • MrsJG
    • 28th May 12, 4:18 PM
    NHS Discounts
    • 28th May 12, 4:18 PM
    The website still exists.

Not sure if the link will show up as it's my first post (been lurking for years) so it's: www dot nhsdiscounts dot com

You will need to register as usual, but to be honest I don't always think they have fantastic offers, but I can complain because something is better than nothing.

Happy Shopping
    • Alias_Omega
    • By Alias_Omega 29th May 12, 3:02 PM
    • 7,073 Posts
    • 3,787 Thanks
    Alias_Omega
    • 29th May 12, 3:02 PM
    • 29th May 12, 3:02 PM
    MOVING THREADS FOR BETTER RESPONSES

Hi, Martins asked me to post this in these circumstances: Ive asked Board Guides to move threads if theyll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    I'm the Board Guide of the Armed Forces Board. I am a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and I can move and change posts there. However, please remember board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • James_Nolan
    • 30th May 12, 1:37 AM
    • 30th May 12, 1:37 AM
    Domino's used to give 50% discount, and still do in some places, but has been reduced to 25% in a lot of places.

You can get a discount on mobile contracts with orange

You can buy a wide range of giftcards and vouchers via nhsdiscounts.com, which give you anything from 3% to 10% off at a wide range of places. Asda 3.5%, B&Q 6% etc

You get a certain % off at Apple, but the higher education discounts are higher than what the NHS discounts are.

Burtons is 10% off.
  • littleemu
    • 30th May 12, 9:52 PM
    • 30th May 12, 9:52 PM
    You can sign up to the NHSdiscounts site (as posted by another poster above) for additional discounts but with your staff card shown in various stores you can get some perks...

You get 10% at Nandos and cafe rouge with a valid staff card
  • lmur
    • 12th Sep 12, 1:32 PM
    Nhs Discount
    • 12th Sep 12, 1:32 PM
    The following are all valid at present as either myself or the guys in the office have used them in the last month.

Cineworld: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Nandos: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Wallis: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Body Shop: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Dorothy Perkins: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Dominos: 50% off if you collect, 25% if you get it delivered (Must advise them NHS over the phone before placing order)
    Subway: 10% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Caf! Rouge: 20% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
    Free NHS Eye Test and money off glasses with Specsavers
    National Express 15%
    O2/Vodaphone/Orange 20% and Three 25% (show NHS Card or Payslip)
  • kerry87
    • 25th Sep 12, 4:32 PM
    NHS discount
    • 25th Sep 12, 4:32 PM
    The website still exists.

Not sure if the link will show up as it's my first post (been lurking for years) so it's: www dot nhsdiscounts dot com

You will need to register as usual, but to be honest I don't always think they have fantastic offers, but I can complain because something is better than nothing.

Happy Shopping
    Originally posted by MrsJG
    I use www dot staff discounts dot org.

I have just claimed an offer on there from a hotel offering 2 nights stay and alton towers tickets plus lunch to take with you for 99 per person! Bargin!
  • YUMMYMUUMY
    • 28th Sep 12, 11:51 AM
    • 28th Sep 12, 11:51 AM
    I did not have a clue where to post this so sorry if its in the way...Does anyone have any idea what discounts, if any, are offered to NHS staff?? I know there is a website with a few bits and bobs on but just wondered if anyone has managed to get anything in shops etc. Dorothy Perkins/Top Man used to give discount in store but stopped a few years back.Thanks guys :-)
    Originally posted by Rosie2
    SUPER CAMPS GIVE ALL NHS STAFF A DISCOUNT OF UP TO 6.00 OFF PER DAY FOR EACH CHILD THAT YOU BOOK ONTO ONE OF THEIR CAMPS..HOPE THIS HELPS
  • AimeeB88
    • 4th Oct 12, 11:44 AM
    • 4th Oct 12, 11:44 AM
    The following are all valid at present as either myself or the guys in the office have used them in the last month.

Dominos: 50% off if you collect, 25% if you get it delivered (Must advise them NHS over the phone before placing order)
    National Express 15%
    Originally posted by lmur

Do you know how they got the 25% discount on Three?

I've just called them and they said they don't offer the 25% discount and that there's a code we can use to get 100 cashback on our intranet, but all NHS sites have their own intranet.

Confused!!
  • Netwizard
    Do you know how they got the 25% discount on Three?

I've just called them and they said they don't offer the 25% discount and that there's a code we can use to get 100 cashback on our intranet, but all NHS sites have their own intranet.

Confused!!
    Originally posted by AimeeB88
    Three used to offer the 25% discount a long time ago, but its not showed up on NHSdiscounts for about a year now. The three link on NHS discounts just takes you to http://www.buymobilephones.net where the prices are the same as on the three website anyway.

Dominos have also dropped their offer to 25% in some area's, so double check that before ordering. There are always online discount codes around for Dominos so check before you order, it might be cheaper to just use a discount code rather than mess about with the NHS discount.

Likewise with Bodyshop.

Asked orange about their NHS discount on the iphone tarrifs, but it doesn't apply on those!

You can also buy vouchers for a lot of stores which will give you a few quid off here and there but overall, its not worth it. I've worked for the NHS for 8 years and never taken advantages of any of the so called "discounts"
  • LesleyAnnP
    BHS do a 10% discount, including sale items. We use it quite regularly.
  • nibs
    Three used to offer the 25% discount a long time ago, but its not showed up on NHSdiscounts for about a year now. The three link on NHS discounts just takes you to http://www.buymobilephones.net where the prices are the same as on the three website anyway.

Dominos have also dropped their offer to 25% in some area's, so double check that before ordering. There are always online discount codes around for Dominos so check before you order, it might be cheaper to just use a discount code rather than mess about with the NHS discount.

Likewise with Bodyshop.

Asked orange about their NHS discount on the iphone tarrifs, but it doesn't apply on those!

You can also buy vouchers for a lot of stores which will give you a few quid off here and there but overall, its not worth it. I've worked for the NHS for 8 years and never taken advantages of any of the so called "discounts"
    Originally posted by Netwizard
    It does now, I spoke to them yesterday and they offered it on the iphone 4s (20%)
  • pudding1990
    NHS card

National Express 15%

you said to show NHS card, where do you get one of these from? your employer or do you apply for it?

Thanks
  • Tupperware_Queen
    you said to show NHS card, where do you get one of these from? your employer or do you apply for it?

Thanks
    Originally posted by pudding1990
    Your NHS ID badge.
    Getting fit for 2013 - Starting weight 10.1.13 88.1kg
    Weight 27.3.13 79.1kg weight 2.4.13 79.9kg Weight 24.4.13 77.8kg. 4.6.13 76kg

BSC member 331
  • Schkottie
    Just to let people know, not all Domino's offer an NHS discount. All stores are franchised and it's up to the franchisee on all deals or discounts. Some offer emergency services discounts and military but are collection only, not for delivery. Most won't offer them on delivery. Thanks for all the advice though! I'll make sure and take my ID to Nandos next time!
  • MiraculousM

National Express 15%
    i never knew about subway! or dorothy perkins! best news
  • Tao81
    NHS discounts Nandos and EE shops
    I've worked for the NHS for years and was completely unaware of some brilliant offers available to NHS staff . Go seek them out!

A colleague informed me recently about Nandos, simply showed my work ID badge in a local Nando's and got 20% off whole of my bill (for 2 people).
    ......Be slightly careful though, one server gave me 20% off whole of my bill and another server in the same restaurant asked if both of us worked for the NHS and claimed that the discount was available on the NHS workers meal only?!!

Found out yesterday that EE shops offer 20% discount on all contract tariffs over 20 per month to NHS staff, Emergency workers, Millitary, council and teaching staff!!
    Was about to buy a phone at EE store where, after overhearing a conversation I was having with my daughter, the store manager asked me where I worked and kindly informed me of the offer and listed all workers eligible (see above).
    Got the discount today, showed my work ID badge and a payslip which they photocopied (to qualify the payslip had to be current, within the last couple of months).

Such good offers, really pleased!.......Does anyone else know of other similarly significant moneysaving offers for NHS staff? (Include terms of the offer, if you can please?).
    Last edited by Tao81; 21-06-2013 at 11:16 PM.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • windsor988
    Does anyone know if the o2 discount is off the mobile bill each month? I have only ever had a 'lump sum' of credit added to my account and then deduct the monthly amount off that until it has ran out, but if anyone knows how to get a monthly discount, please let me know.
    Cheers.
  • Zoe_C
    You can also get discounts on new car lease deals - see forcesleasing.com, they supply to the military, police and other emergency services, including NHS.
  • kganghou
    Orange
    I changed by tarriff with Orange 2 months ago and I have only just seen this NHS discount thread that you can get a 20% discount on tarriff over 20, my tarriff is 21 so only just.

So I have rang Orange complaining that when I asked if there were anyother discounts that could be applied I was told no, gave it the sob story. They informed me the discount only applies when you initially take out the tarriff but on this occassion they will honour it as its only been 2 months.

Yippe 20% discount. Worth ago
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,316Posts Today

8,120Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Thanks to @CBBC_Hacker for sending us our own Hacker, baby MSE is smitten. Altight cocker. http://t.co/mdVVz56YHD

• RT @MoneySavingExp: Hi folks - the site will be down from 10pm tonight until 8am tomorrow while we re-charge the batteries with some behind?

• Uk dominating world long jump.Who'd have thought it. Kathy Cook's British 200m record about to go I think. #Beijing2015

• Follow Martin