Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Waspy0906
    UKPC parking charge - should I pay?
    • 25th May 12, 9:26 PM
    UKPC parking charge - should I pay? 25th May 12 at 9:26 PM
    I've read various threads and the general consensus seems to be not to pay.

However......

I got a £90 ticket this week for parking in a retail car park. I parked badly (over the white line) dashed into a shop and was in and out within 15 minutes. I returned to the ticket - I couldnt see any signs anywhere. When I found one its about 10 ft up a lamp post in small type.

What should I do - refuse to pay or accept that I parked badly?

There was lots of other space in the car park so I was in no way restricting other customers.

Thanks
Page 3
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 2nd Feb 16, 7:59 PM
    • 15,928 Posts
    • 24,710 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    The poster hasn't written this - it's a copy and paste from the UKPC website.

Why do you think Beavis is 'old hat now'? We haven't seen the start of Beavis yet.
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 2nd Feb 16, 8:04 PM
    • 6,471 Posts
    • 8,296 Thanks
    beamerguy
    The poster hasn't written this - it's a copy and paste from the UKPC website.

Why do you think Beavis is 'old hat now'? We haven't seen the start of Beavis yet.
    Originally posted by Umkomaas
    yes we have, we do not use the reasons anymore

might of been copied from the UKPC web site, could be anyone who posted, who cares, whoever --- complete and utter idiots

Just goes to show that these PPC scammers are desperate, it could be UKPC, THEY ARE stupid enough to do it
    Last edited by beamerguy; 02-02-2016 at 8:41 PM.
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 2nd Feb 16, 8:31 PM
    • 15,928 Posts
    • 24,710 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    yes we have, we do not use the reasons anymore
    You'll need to explain that one!
    We cannot provide you with a silver bullet to get you out of this. You have to be in for the long run, and need to involve yourself in research and work for you to get rid of this. It is not simple. We will help, but can't do it for you.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 3rd Feb 16, 10:21 AM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 3,848 Thanks
    fisherjim
    What an ironic post from CHELIYAN who works for one of the most amateurish PPC's going, to call people amateur lawyers!

Your signage is rarely compliant, and as everyone knows (as can be found all over the internet you like to berate and on TV) your amateur parking Muppets regularly falsify their amateur photos, and tell lies.

Have a nice day in your nice office that doesn't exist in Gregories Road Beaconsfield!
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 3rd Feb 16, 10:55 AM
    • 51,787 Posts
    • 65,416 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    ...typical rubbish from a parasite firm with no service to Society...what a proud first post...your parents must be so pleased with you...
    Originally posted by CHELIYAN
    How's Shirley? Always laughed at her POPLA 'evidence' emails.
    PRIVATE PCN? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT TWO Clicks needed for advice:
    Top of the page: Home>>Forums>Household & Travel>Motoring>Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking - read the 'NEWBIES' FAQS thread!
    Advice to ignore is WRONG, unless in Scotland/NI.

• The Deep
    • By The Deep 3rd Feb 16, 11:12 AM
    • 7,422 Posts
    • 6,472 Thanks
    The Deep
    There is no point in mocking and jeering at UKPC, the only way to hurt them is in their bank account by advising the unwashed how to cause them the maximum inconvenience.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
    • fisherjim
    • By fisherjim 3rd Feb 16, 12:31 PM
    • 2,585 Posts
    • 3,848 Thanks
    fisherjim
    There is no point in mocking and jeering at UKPC, the only way to hurt them is in their bank account by advising the unwashed how to cause them the maximum inconvenience.
    Originally posted by The Deep
    I know but like you I love mocking a mocker!
    • Elharrisonx
    • By Elharrisonx 2nd Mar 16, 11:00 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Elharrisonx
    Same problem!
    I have recently moved down the country from Teesside and we forgot to display our permit for our parking bay and have been issued a parking charge. However on the ticket they have noted down the reg incorrectly... Should we appeal against it or just ignore them completely?? Any advice will be appreciated thank you
    • Elharrisonx
    • By Elharrisonx 2nd Mar 16, 11:00 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Elharrisonx
    It was issued by UKPC*
    • pogofish
    • By pogofish 2nd Mar 16, 11:45 AM
    • 7,932 Posts
    • 8,044 Thanks
    pogofish
    I have recently moved down the country from Teesside and we forgot to display our permit for our parking bay and have been issued a parking charge. However on the ticket they have noted down the reg incorrectly... Should we appeal against it or just ignore them completely?? Any advice will be appreciated thank you
    Originally posted by Elharrisonx
    Please don't hijack outdated/pre-POFA threads. You will not get good or current advice and pushing dud info back to the top of the forum is only likely to confuse other new posters - which helps nobody!

Start by reading the Newbies Sticky at the head of this forum carefully, then start you own thread if you need further help/advice.
    • nicholas simmons
    • By nicholas simmons 7th Jul 17, 12:50 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    nicholas simmons
    UK PC disabled bay charge
    Hi all.

I've read through all the comments and feedback but have a question that may not have been covered already.

I parked in a disabled bay dropping my son off to nursery, I parked there for a matter of minutes and accept under the circumstances in a car park run by the council which is lawful I should pay the charge however being UKPC I see the majority of you say ignore all letters etc and do not pay...

However, I was really annoyed about it and annoyed at myself so literally minutes after I emailed an appeal to UKPC and explained my justification for being in the bay (neither here nor there as they will refuse it) but now they have my details so I am wondering if ignoring the letters when they come as they inevitably will is a good idea? Obviously I shouldn't have given them my details and appealed before looking into it but I panicked....

Any advise appreciated

Thanks

Nick
    • waamo
    • By waamo 7th Jul 17, 12:59 PM
    • 2,144 Posts
    • 2,562 Thanks
    waamo
    You need to read the post above yours. You've read old, outdated advice.
    This space for hire.
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 7th Jul 17, 2:27 PM
    • 15,928 Posts
    • 24,710 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    However, I was really annoyed about it and annoyed at myself so literally minutes after I emailed an appeal to UKPC and explained my justification for being in the bay (neither here nor there as they will refuse it) but now they have my details so I am wondering if ignoring the letters when they come as they inevitably will is a good idea?
    UKPC have become increasingly litigious.

http://www.bmpa.eu/companydata/UK_Parking_Control.html

Judges love motorists who park in disabled bays who have no entitlement to use them.

I wouldn't think ignoring any paperwork from UKPC is any kind of good idea.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,243Posts Today

5,786Users online

Martin's Twitter